Pre-Game Talk: Week of two Chi, Chi, and a Boston Cream Pie... And Buffalo 'Yotes

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Rantanen at Center and no Mackinnon in the lineup?

Live look at Sir Avgard right now:

795baeb5e495fc3b43cf72281cf0ea05.jpeg
Plot twist: Sir Avgard is a bot in Pierce's desktop computer (and that's Pierce on the left)

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
I wonder if Sir Avgard is as famous on other teams’s boards as he is on ours. I figured he was just some random user, or AI, that just popped over to peoples boards to enlighten them, but now I realize maybe the “Av” insinuates he’s an avalanche fan?

The world may never know.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Ya they switched it this season.

I think they essentially switched it a couple seasons ago when EJ got injured. He missed so much time that Mikko was basically the full time guy, and they probably didn't want to take it away from him.

Might even have been EJ's idea. He doesn't need a letter to be a leader on this team. I think Bednar always prefers his star players to wear the letters too.

Personally I think they should be rotating it, but I don't think they are.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I remember in both 12-13 and 16-17 there were times where, even when the team was playing well, they would just find ways to lose every night. This run is the exact opposite. Right now the team has a response for everything their opponents are throwing at them. I know that a big part of that is just that the puck is bouncing our way, and we're not taking those pinball goals at backbreaking times. But this team sure is showing off all of the tools in the toolbox. Never hurts to have lots of paths to victory.

Reactions: Peter Peckerwood

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I remember in both 12-13 and 16-17 there were times where, even when the team was playing well, they would just find ways to lose every night. This run is the exact opposite. Right now the team has a response for everything their opponents are throwing at them. I know that a big part of that is just that the puck is bouncing our way, and we're not taking those pinball goals at backbreaking times. But this team sure is showing off all of the tools in the toolbox. Never hurts to have lots of paths to victory.

Back then the Avs couldn't get the puck out of the zone. It was a constant problem.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
And he's only one point back of Drai and Huberdeau for the league lead

Amazing what effect a contract year can have on some guys. Part of me is irritated by that.
I also feel like maybe a small part of this is him trying to make up for last post season's dipshittery. He seems to be doing a lot less whining to the refs/distracting himself from still playing. It will be interesting to see what the team that signs him gets from him.

Reactions: forsbergavs32

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Amazing what effect a contract year can have on some guys. Part of me is irritated by that.
I also feel like maybe a small part of this is him trying to make up for last post season's dipshittery. He seems to be doing a lot less whining to the refs/distracting himself from still playing. It will be interesting to see what the team that signs him gets from him.

I actually notice this as well, obviously it's a business and it's understandable that a decent portion of his play this year is contract year behavior. But he does seem to have matured, he's played significantly less selfish, he plays like a leader, and he's contributing on both sides of the ice. If you told me that this is the Kadri we'd get for the next 4-5 years I'd want Joe to resign him, even though we all know it wont be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad