Pre-Game Talk: Week of travel (@NSH, @BOS, @MTL, @TOR)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Does it really matter who they play at this point? Avs can make any ****** team look good and any team can make Avs look ****.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
That Toronto game, we'll get outshot like 45-25, hopefully Toronto either plays Enroth or their forwards are all snake-bitten or it won't be pretty.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
We have been so bad at home that I fully expect us to steal some wins on the road.

I am still of the opinion that we always somehow get better when we should not and vice versa.

I really though things would fall apart for us during the 2014-2015 season and was already dreaming of McDavid or Hanifin (and atleast expected Werenski) after EJ unfortunately got injured late in the season.

Then Barrie stepped up and we somehow managed to not lose a step and even improved a bit in the standings.

I expect something similar.

I think we will go 2-2 at least.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lose 5-1 @ Nashville in a game where the Predators thoroughly dominate from start to finish.

Win 2-0 @ Boston because for whatever reason, our goaltenders, no matter who it is, play insane in Boston.

Lose 4-3 in OT @ Montreal, all 4 Canadiens goals on the PP and Radulov makes us look like chumps.

Lose 5-0 @ Toronto in a game where the Leafs forwards make our defence look like amateurs. Marner will have a 3 point night, we'll be outshot 40-18

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I'd be surprised if we won one this week. The players on this team are frustrated on all fronts. The defense is frustrated that they're getting beat, so they're taking bad penalties and forcing offensive plays that lead to turnovers. The forwards are frustrated that they can't score, so they're trying to push plays through that are doomed to fail and throwing bad shots on net. Both of those lead to more failures and more frustration. Combine that with two locker room leaders out on long term injuries we are looking at a very ugly stretch of hockey. EJ and Landy would both be counted on to keep the guys in that locker room from turning on each other. This will not be pretty.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
So only 22 bodies on the roster, and that includes the injured Landeskog and EJ.

Colbourne - Mackinnon (R) - Rantanen
Grigorenko - Duchene - Bourque
McLeod - Soderberg - Martinsen
Comeau (R) - Mitchell - Iginla (R)

Beauchemin - Barrie (R)
Zadorov - Tyutin
Gelinas - Weircoich

Varlamov
Pickard

No spares...only 4 right shots, 1 on d, and 2/3 forwards play on the same line... That's some depth we got.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
They have to call one D, maybe two depending on what's wrong with Tyutin and maybe one forward as well if they don't want to roll 12 F or maybe they'll just pretend Landy is going to play all week again. I'm curious if they'll use LTIR for EJ, if they are serious about saving every penny of cap then they should, will save them at least a few mil.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Grimaldi not sent down? Somewhat of a good sign.

I was thinking, it'd be better if they don't win the lottery even if they finish last. If they win the lottery they'll draft Patrick, if they don't win then that hopefully forces them to take a dman. Let's be honest, even if we get a good GM in here, the only way we're getting a top-pairing dman is via the draft.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Grimaldi not sent down? Somewhat of a good sign.

I was thinking, it'd be better if they don't win the lottery even if they finish last. If they win the lottery they'll draft Patrick, if they don't win then that hopefully forces them to take a dman. Let's be honest, even if we get a good GM in here, the only way we're getting a top-pairing dman is via the draft.

They sent him down like 30 minutes after the game. He was gone so fast he played this afternoon in SA.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
So only 22 bodies on the roster, and that includes the injured Landeskog and EJ.

Colbourne - Mackinnon (R) - Rantanen
Grigorenko - Duchene - Bourque
McLeod - Soderberg - Martinsen
Comeau (R) - Mitchell - Iginla (R)

Beauchemin - Barrie (R)
Zadorov - Tyutin
Gelinas - Weircoich

Varlamov
Pickard

No spares...only 4 right shots, 1 on d, and 2/3 forwards play on the same line... That's some depth we got.

Perhaps Goloubef will be recalled tomorrow since Tyutin was a bit banged up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad