Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Turkey Sandwich (@WPG, OTT, WPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Only issue with Holden is he should be on the 3rd pairing . Atleast hes not being used on the PP anymore and hes gotten alot more physical this yr.

A hell of a lot more physical this year, I like it. You were blessed with a big body, use it. God knows players like the midgets on San Antonio would kill to have Holden's size

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Mitchell and tanguay are out for tomorrow for sure so will we see a call up or one of Holden/Redmond playing forward?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

The part of scoring makes no sense, but hard to disagree with the rest.

Also, I want to see Colin Smith but if they're only going to play the person 5 minutes, does it matter?

Last edited:

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Duchene
Agozzino/Grigorenko-Soderberg-Comeau
Martinsen-Grigorenko/Smith-Iginla
Mcleod-Wagner-Skille

I want either Agz or Smith called up.

If Agozzino 2nd line LW
If Smith 3rd line C

Wouldn't mind if Bourke was the guy who got called up either.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Landeskog-Mackinnon-Duchene
Agozzino/Grigorenko-Soderberg-Comeau
Martinsen-Grigorenko/Smith-Iginla
Mcleod-Wagner-Skille

I want either Agz or Smith called up.

If Agozzino 2nd line LW
If Smith 3rd line C

Wouldn't mind if Bourke was the guy who got called up either.

I want Mikko, because I want so see some semblance of a second line for **** sake.

Landeskog - MacK/Duchene

Rantanen - Grigorenko - Iginla

Comeau - Soderberg - Martinsen

Mikko has been working at LW in the AHL, and scoring lets see what hes got now. Because he sure as hell wasn't bad before. The funny part is Grigs and Mikko might actually be the #2 and #3 or #4 best forwards at defense on the starting roster right now.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

The part of scoring makes no sense, but hard to disagree with the rest.

Also, I want to see Colin Smith but if they're only going to play the person 5 minutes, does it matter?

Not sure how Everberg could be trying too hard to score goals with his 5 minutes of ice time per game. Not like he was trying to go end to end lol.

Got a feeling next call up will be Rendulic again. Big boy. Roy likes his big boys.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
A teenager playing in the AHL is never a waste of time. Not sure how you could say otherwise. He looked overwhelmed at times in the NHL.

He didn't look overwhelmed, not when he was better in our top 6 than some of this trash had been.

My only problem with him in the NHL was that he wasn't getting progressively more and better minutes. I do believe it's a waste of time to play him 10 minutes a game, so him being in the NHL is a waste of time if Roy won't use him enough as well.

Unfortunately he chooses to play Comeau way too much, but won't use the defensively responsible rookie.

Also think it's a waste of time, because the AHL clearly isn't challenging him all that much if he can score PPG+.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The quotes in the DP made a little more sense. Like he's been focusing on trying to create when they don't want that. Evs himself has said in articles he wants to produce more. He was producing really well in SA, no wonder it's a bit confusing for him. And it wasn't from dangling a bunch of guys, it was from banging in pucks so he thinks it should happen at the next level most likely.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He didn't look overwhelmed, not when he was better in our top 6 than some of this trash had been.

My only problem with him in the NHL was that he wasn't getting progressively more and better minutes. I do believe it's a waste of time to play him 10 minutes a game, so him being in the AHL is a waste of time because Roy won't use him enough.

Unfortunately he chooses to play Comeau way too much, but won't use the defensively responsible rookie.

Also think it's a waste of time, because the AHL clearly isn't challenging him all that much if he can score PPG+.

He's not scoring at will in the AHL, it's not like that. It's still a hard league and it's not easy to score in. I think he's a difference maker there but it's not like Stamkos making kids look silly or something. His D Zone coverage does need work and to really get used to the physicality of the game. I think he would have been fine in the NHL but seeing him in the AHL it's good for him. I do think he should be back sometime this year though.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
He's not scoring at will in the AHL, it's not like that. It's still a hard league and it's not easy to score in. I think he's a difference maker there but it's not like Stamkos making kids look silly or something. His D Zone coverage does need work and to really get used to the physicality of the game. I think he would have been fine in the NHL but seeing him in the AHL it's good for him. I do think he should be back sometime this year though.

I'd rather he get used to the NHL, than have him come in next year with all kinds of expectations to produce, and have it not happen.

He's done well throughout his history with the challenge of a more difficult league and excelled learning to play at that level.

My trust for any sort of offensive production transferring from AHL to NHL is all but gone as well.

Then there is the fact that we also have a need for him at the NHL level... Sad but true

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
I want Mikko, because I want so see some semblance of a second line for **** sake.

Landeskog - MacK/Duchene

Rantanen - Grigorenko - Iginla

Comeau - Soderberg - Martinsen

Mikko has been working at LW in the AHL, and scoring lets see what hes got now. Because he sure as hell wasn't bad before. The funny part is Grigs and Mikko might actually be the #2 and #3 or #4 best forwards at defense on the starting roster right now.

I don't want Mikko because 1-he's hurt 2-likely better for his development to play 20+ minutes with special teams time than playing minimal in the NHL 3-would be a waste of an RFA year as the Avs don't have a chance at the playoffs 4-The Avs need to find out if guys like Agozzino, Smith, Bourke, etc are capable NHLers or career AHLers

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I'd like to know where we stand with him going into next year too, not just penciling him into the top 6 but knowing if he's going to be a real option. But it's still November, plenty of time to get those minutes before the end of the season. If you say that production doesn't translate then him being PPG thus far doesn't mean much, no? A bit more time is going to do him well, it's not a waste of time like none of that experience matters. Playing on the top line, PP, PK is all good for him. plus we don't know their position on the whole WJC thing.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Yeah I'd like to know where we stand with him going into next year too, not just penciling him into the top 6 but knowing if he's going to be a real option. But it's still November, plenty of time to get those minutes before the end of the season. If you say that production doesn't translate then him being PPG thus far doesn't mean much, no? A bit more time is going to do him well, it's not a waste of time like none of that experience matters. Playing on the top line, PP, PK is all good for him. plus we don't know their position on the whole WJC thing.

His scoring in the AHL just signals to me that hes got it figured out there. Has nothing to do with wanting his production to transfer to the NHL at a certain level.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Agozzino it is. Hopefully he gets to play a decent amount of minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad