Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Return (CHI, DAL, WPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
So assuming Rants gets called up, who do we scratch/send down?

I'm thinking we see something like

Rantanen-Mack-Duchene
Landeskog-Soda-Comeau
McLeod-Mitchell-Skille
Martinsen-Grigorenko-Iginla

Wagner gets sent down/Tanguay scratched

edit: I forgot Iggy went god mode against LA. He'll probably stay on the top line which complicates things.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Martinsen will be sent down if Rantanen is called up. Only guy who is waiver exempt. Grigo and Wagner continue to rotate in and out.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm guessing they start with something like this if Rantanen is called up; since Iggy's probably gunna get rewarded for his play against LA.

Duchene - MacKinnon - Iginla
Landeskog - Soderberg - Comeau
McCleod - Mitchell - Skille
Greg/Marty/Tangs - Greg/Wagner - Rantanen
-------
Tangs/Skille - Mitchell - Rantanen
Marty/Greg - Greg/Wagner - Skille/Tangs
-------
Grigorenko - Mitchell - Rantanen
Tangs/Marty - Wagner - Skille/Tangs
-------
Landeskog - Soderberg - Rantanen
Greg/Tangs - Mitchell - Comeau
Cody/Tangs - Greg/Wagner - Skille/Tangs/Greg
-------
Landeskog - Soderberg - Rantanen
McCleod - Mitchell - Skille
Tanguay - Grigorenko - Comeau

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I wonder if we're gonna have Duchene on the wing for the rest of the year

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The way he has been playing since being moved there and as long as we have a very good 2C (which we have right now), I'm ok with him remaining at RW (not LW) the rest of his career.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015

Unless he goes into a big slump and Roy thinks he needs a change of scenery to get him going again, I think he stays. I don't think Duchene cares what position he plays, he just wants to score and contribute.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What will the devastation level be when Rantanen isn't called up this week?

I hope it will happen, we could use a boost on offense. If not though, we'll probably just be looking at a Calder season for Rantanen next year. If Roy still wants him down with the offense sputtering and Rantanen so hot he melts the ice, he's not going to call him up for anything.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
I'm gonna pick an unlisted option: Drouin for Rant swap. Just so I can watch the epic crying on these forms.

twostroke27

Oct 12, 2011
You don't want to win, that's cool

Lol. Tiger I've been watching epic meltdowns on the forms from trades for years. I remember when we gave up shatty and Stewart. I remember when we gave up our first for varly. The amount of ranting over those trades was comical.

These boards have a rediculous bias for their own teams prospects and the avs board is literally among the worst.

I love rant, but realistically he could easily bust and drouin could easily bust. Saying that I would be okay with that swap and makes me not wanting the team to win is silly.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
My question is, then does Comeau play on the top line?

I think we would then go back to having the McLeod line as the 4th line.

Let's say
Iginla-MacK-Duchene
Landeskog-Söderberg-Rantanen
Tanguay-Grigorenko/Mitchell-Comeau
Skille-Grigorenko/Mitchell/Wagner-McLeod

Martinsen in an escape pod heading for San Antonio.

But to be fair, I don't expect Rantanen to be called up, at least until we get a top-6 injury or 2 injuries in total for the FW corps.

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
I can see Roy sending down Bigras before he sends down Martinsen

not sure, looking at the talant and hockey IQ, I understand why others have been so positive on Bigs, Bigras...... He really should stay...

I hope we see a trade that helps us today....
Who did I vote.. Rants comes up and a trade happens....

I really would like to see Rants up, but not in a bottom 3 role...
And Zads too, he needs to play.. if no minutes available here I can understand leaving him, although he really has looked pretty amazing at times, good and bad this year.

Im hoping we get someone who just does not fit into the scheme of a team in the East... a good two way dman... who actually fits here.
I hope we could give what we have an abundance of... 2nd tier prospects that could be great or so so. Not a Zads or a Rant... but a Hishon or a Bleakley and a pick for a ...

fill in name of a last year or two of contract d man from east who needs a fresh start....
and who can take top 4 d minutes if we need to rest the 4 guys eating huge minutes now...

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Well tomorrow morning should pretty much set the tone for the rest of the week with the ending of the Varly civil trial coming to an end at some point (no idea if it's tomorrow or later on) and whether or not the Avs recall Rantanen after the AHL All-Star game.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Sending down Martinsen makes the most sense to me:

Iggy - Mack - Dutchy
Landy - Soda - Rantanen
Tanguay - Greg - Comeau
McLeod - Mitchell - Skille

If Iggy struggles, move Rantanen up with Mack and Comeau back with Soderberg. That said, I expect none of that to happen. Btw, was there ever any follow up on the Tanguay healthy scratch...did Roy say anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad