Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Return (CHI, DAL, WPG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm going to guess Grigorenko and Landeskog will rotate on those top two LW spots until something clicks, and that will be exhausted thoroughly before they bring up Rantanen.

It's unfortunate they told Martinsen to get an apartment... I don't know how much that is affecting what they do with him. Are teams allowed to help out with lodging situations (i.e. help pay to cancel a lease or something of the sort?)

Well we know how long it took for them to kick Guenin to the curb after the bro love between Roy and him, and Roy telling him to buy a house or whatever.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm going to guess Grigorenko and Landeskog will rotate on those top two LW spots until something clicks, and that will be exhausted thoroughly before they bring up Rantanen.

It's unfortunate they told Martinsen to get an apartment... I don't know how much that is affecting what they do with him. Are teams allowed to help out with lodging situations (i.e. help pay to cancel a lease or something of the sort?)
Martinsen has a wrist injury. It doesn't mean he can't hit people, which he hasn't been doing as much, but it's definitely effected his work with the puck.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
Well we know how long it took for them to kick Guenin to the curb after the bro love between Roy and him, and Roy telling him to buy a house or whatever.

You gotta admit, Roy gave him one helluva real estate tip. If Guenin sells now he probably makes a tidy profit.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
This; http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2024171 (Mild fire sale thread on the trade board); made me feel much better.

There is often someone out there suffering far more than you are. Definitely keeps things in perspective lol.

I've been reading their and Nashville's boards a lot this season and it has made the excessively negative avs fans much easier to tolerate lol.

The Wild board has actually really made me appreciate that we have Roy behind the bench and not a Yeo-type. Both have strengths and flaws but Yeo's flaws are crippling as far as I'm concerned; he coaches creativity out of his players, does a poor job of man management/controlling the mood in the room, and is tactically inflexible. Thankfully none of those are true of Patrick...who's all about nurturing the creativity of his roster, has done a great job of keeping the team's spirits up through adversity, and has shown repeatedly that he's willing to radically change his system/tactics if things aren't working. These are the reasons (combined with his competitiveness/aggressiveness/creativity/hockey-intelligence), why I trust him to figure this league out and have a very successful coaching career.

He may annoy fans with how patient he's being with our young talent, this season, and how many chances he's given some vets. But I like the first part of that, and the second is likely part of why he has such a great relationship with the room...which allowed him to keep their self-belief up enough to roar back from the hideous start that they had...And some may disagree with his shot-quality > shot-quantity idiology. But to me these are much smaller concerns.

we may not always agree on this sub-forum on everything.

but one thing that unites us is the hate towards minnesota wild.

:baghead:

I really like the twin cities and the Wild fans I've known IRL have been good peoples, who were just as pissed at Cooke as I was. Plus they're never gunna be a serious cup contender with their current core and lack of a top C; so they're not a serious threat (at least to our long term goals) like Chicago & LA already are, or the Panthers/Lightening/Sabres/Oilers could grow into...even if they've had our number lately.

So I don't mind the Wild when they're not playing us...and I don't have to hear Russo or HFWild cry about every-damn-thing. Parise has one of those faces that just needs a slap, and Suter is every bit as whiny as Russo; but otherwise they don't piss me off nearly as much as as the Blues do (outside of Shatty, Staz and 'Senko).

Last edited:

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The good news is, that at least eventually Roy will run out of veterans that were already playing when he retired. Then we can get the good, younger blood that can actually compete in current NHL.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
:baghead:

I really like the twin cities and the Wild fans I've known IRL have been good peoples, who were just as pissed at Cooke as I was. Plus they're never gunna be a serious cup contender with their current core and lack of a top C; so they're not a serious threat (at least to our long term goals) like Chicago & LA already are, or the Panthers/Lightening/Sabres/Oilers could grow into...even if they've had our number lately.

So I don't mind the Wild when they're not playing us...and I don't have to hear Russo or HFWild cry about every-damn-thing. Parise has one of those faces that just needs a slap, and Suter is every bit as whiny as Russo; but otherwise they don't piss me off nearly as much as as the Blues do (outside of Shatty, Staz and 'Senko).

I hate the Wild more than the Blues. Parise, Suter, Neiderreiter, Carter, Granlund, Koivu, Haula, I can't stand those players. Especially Koivu though. The guy hacks and holds like crazy and is astonished when he gets a penalty. As if it isn't possible that he was the one committing the infraction.

I also can't stand Wild fans. They give off a sense of entitlement even though their organization has never done anything meaningful, nor will they for at least the next 5 years, probably more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad