Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Rest Stop (SJ, @STL, @CAR, @BUF)

How many points earned this week?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Nothing against Jost but Soda centering the 1st line would be more appropriated. He's in a slump and maybe that could help.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Looks like I mistook Compher for Landy

Honestly against Carolina and Buffalo I don't mind spreading out the talent a bit. I like the Jost-Mikko pairing, Landy-Kerfoot not so much. Landy-Compher has shown some chemistry in the past.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Outside of Rantanen and Mackinnon is there anyone else who could step up offensively in a big way?

Maybe when Mackinon gets Compher, Jost and Kerfoot will go back together. Thought they had chemistry a while back. It'll be even better depth wise if Kamanev can return.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I can't believe Eastern Conf. fans bitch about the Metro when we would be in 3rd place in that division. The West is effed.

I was looking at the standings to see how low we could realistically finish if we missed the playoffs, but we would be ahead of every Eastern Conference team, so there really is no point to sell or give up. Just keep grinding and hope when Mack comes back he can lead us to the promise land.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I was doing the same as well earlier tonight.

Right now our pick is 13th overall. Realistically I dont think anyone else in the West passes us(Small chance for Chicago but I dont think it happens).

Out East, I think CBJ and Carolina could both realistically pass us though. Not with the Rangers and other teams in full on sell/blow it up mode.

So, I think at best our pick ends up at #11.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I seriously wonder if this will be the year that a team in the top 8 in the conference misses the playoffs due to the wild card system and finally forces them to change it. It figures it would be the Avs who get f***ed out of the postseason if that happens.

The only acceptable consolation prize would be Dahlin. :sarcasm:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I seriously wonder if this will be the year that a team in the top 8 in the conference misses the playoffs due to the wild card system and finally forces them to change it. It figures it would be the Avs who get ****ed out of the postseason if that happens.

The only acceptable consolation prize would be Dahlin. :sarcasm:

I'd personally settle for Svechnikov or even Zadina :sarcasm:

Avs really could really use another top5 pick in a strong draft to add to our core...
Still think we lack another elite talent on our roster.

Go Karlsson.. Be greedy enough in the offseason to force a trade, please!

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
So Andrighetto injured his knee/leg on December 31st and it was considered at least relatively minor at that point. Bednar made statements on January 22nd that he was considered day to day. He was subsequently placed on IR as of February 1st and now it is being reported that he is out indefinitely and it does not seem like he is close to a return.

The more time that goes by, it seems like his injury is becoming more and more serious. Strange.

Pacman33

#teamZ
Feb 9, 2017
I was doing the same as well earlier tonight.

Right now our pick is 13th overall. Realistically I dont think anyone else in the West passes us(Small chance for Chicago but I dont think it happens).

Out East, I think CBJ and Carolina could both realistically pass us though. Not with the Rangers and other teams in full on sell/blow it up mode.

So, I think at best our pick ends up at #11.
Think it depends on mack. If hes out 4 weeks or longer than i can definitely see us being passed by other. Even bad teams usually go on winning streaks so its possible they get hot for a bit

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It could be something akin to what happened to Shattenkirk--a tear of some kind that they thought he could rehab enough to play but may require actual corrective surgery to fix. Just my speculation though.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I think Andrighetto has an ankle injury. One of his teammates made a comment about it on Instagram, haha. Something like "Ankle looks good here", obviously just chirping him, but it's probably a sprain they have to work on. Those can be really annoying to come back from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad