Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Rest Stop (SJ, @STL, @CAR, @BUF)

How many points earned this week?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
No, we already have Edmonton and Winnipeg.

As a representative of Canada, we will take Seattle and Portland though.
:confused:
I mean, I heard some guys talking bad about the city and that Winnipeg was not a good place. What do they know? I love Winnipeg. This is my home. These are my people now. I play for them. It’s a great, great city. Everyone who lives here really cares about one another, that’s what stands out to me. We are one group, all of us. Everybody is your neighbor.
Winnipeg is bad? No. Winnipeg is good.
And my Wi-Fi — it’s sick.
-Patrick Laine

Reactions: klozge

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Interesting how afree the Buffalo game every opponent the rest of the month is a Canadian team. Also I'll be at the Buffalo game :)

I miss boofland, it's a fun little town.
As an American, can we just give Buffalo to Canada?
BOO! BOO this man!

Buffalo died 50+ years ago, but it's grown into a nice little town out of the ashes of the metropolis it once was. It may not quite be Pittsburgh in terms of rust-belt re-birth, but it's no Cleveland or Detroit either.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I miss boofland, it's a fun little town.

BOO! BOO this man!

Buffalo died 50+ years ago, but it's grown into a nice little town out of the ashes of the metropolis it once was. It may not quite be Pittsburgh in terms of rust-belt re-birth, but it's no Cleveland or Detroit either.
Actually Detroit is having a nice little resurgence, at least the downtown core. I enjoy going there these days.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Very, very tough, telling game and team coming up in the Blues. They certainly seem to have our measure. I think we can win though, and win well (remember, they've actually lost in reg. more than us this season). They are under achieving in my opinion with that roster and defense.

Win this game, in my opinion, that's a platform for another streak.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Maybe, but I'm sure the Avs scouts wills still have a guy they're much higher on within that tier that they'd rather have a chance to take at #9 or #10 instead of him potentially being gone by the time we picked at 13 or 14.

Maybe to you there's a same tiered group from 8-14, but the Avs may, and likely will see it differently.

lol what? This just isn't true at all. Do people forget this team didn't even crack 50 points last year? We absolutely should not being expecting to see this team in the playoffs to "Find out what we have, and soon".

The fact we're even in the playoff picture in February is already a massive success

When I say some point soon, I don’t immediately this year, although it would be nice.

But we can’t stall through 2 or 3 more years of MacKinnons contract.

Teams rarely just win in the playoffs. Sometimes it could take a few years and playoff runs to get actual success.

We need to get a sense of where we fit in the playoffs.

The regular season, unfortunately doesn’t necessarily give you the exact picture of where you stand.

Honestly, I just think our prime time to compete is during Mack’ current contract.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Just because you want it to happen doesn't mean it's going to happen. If they build the right way now then they won't waste MacKinnon's prime. They need to have taken the next step when the dudes on ELC now are making coin. Getting ahead of themselves after bottoming out has already happened three times in the last ten years, let's not make it a fourth.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I miss Andrighetto. I like him better than most. I currently consider Ghetto a better hockey player than all of Kerfoot/JTC/Jost and clearly Yakupov.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Just because you want it to happen doesn't mean it's going to happen. If they build the right way now then they won't waste MacKinnon's prime. They need to have taken the next step when the dudes on ELC now are making coin. Getting ahead of themselves after bottoming out has already happened three times in the last ten years, let's not make it a fourth.

Just because I want it to happen doesn’t mean it’s going to happen?

Lol, ok. I think that’s pretty much a given.

I agree if they build the right way, they should make it.

It’s not like I’m advocating selling young players for rentals. If you’ve read my post history, that’s not what I want at all.

All I’m simply saying is that, in order to win, generally you need playoff experience first. Simply stating I would like to get that experience sooner rather than later, isn’t really rocking th boat here.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ghetto is productive when given decent linemates and PP time. He tends to disappear when placed on the 4th line. We could really use him on the top 6 right now.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Big weekend coming up with two very winnable games (you know what that means :help:). The Wild did us a solid by blowing their 3-0 lead last night to Arizona but still got a point. By the end of the weekend we'll be tied in games played but with our two games to their one we can jump them in the standing. Probably a little too soon to watch the standings that closely but I never though we'd still be in the discussion come February.

Hopefully MacKinnon is closer to two weeks, if Bednar can be believed. We only have two games in 6 days after Sunday's Buffalo game. The one good thing I can say about the MacKinnon injury is he had it in the right month. Looking forward to March the schedule gets much tougher.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Sorry for the double post, but Landy, Rantanen, and Jost are all in burgundy at practice this morning.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If Comeau is hurt for an extended period of time then I'd rather they try Soderberg with more offensive players. Put him between Landeskog and Rantanen, have Kerfoot, Jost, and Compher play together until MacKinnon comes back.

The bottom 6 would be real ugly with some combination of Yakupov, Nieto, Bourque, Wilson, Toninato, and Greer. Yikes.

Landeskog-Soderberg-Rantanen
Jost-Kerfoot-Compher
Nieto-Wilson-Yakupov
Bourque-Toninato-Greer

Yeah, that's ugly lol.

Reactions: McMetal

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
If Comeau is hurt for an extended period of time then I'd rather they try Soderberg with more offensive players. Put him between Landeskog and Rantanen, have Kerfoot, Jost, and Compher play together until MacKinnon comes back.

The bottom 6 would be real ugly with some combination of Yakupov, Nieto, Bourque, Wilson, Toninato, and Greer. Yikes.

Jost-Kerfoot-Compher
Nieto-Wilson-Yakupov
Bourque-Toninato-Greer

Yeah, that's ugly lol.
Yeah, but at least we could maybe hope for enough scoring out of that top six to have a chance to win. With things stretched so thin talent wise I'd rather load up two lines with what scoring we have.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Jost-Kerfoot-Compher
Nieto-Wilson-Yakupov
Bourque-Toninato-Greer

Yeah, that's ugly lol.

I could live with:

Landy - Soda - Rantanen
Jost - Compher - Wilson
Greer - Kerfoot - Terri
Gork - Toninato - Nieto

until MacK gets back; that top line could drive possession and the middle 6 lines could chip in against lesser competition, while the 4th line could provide energy.

...though I'm down with giving Jost a look in that spot to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->