Pre-Game Talk: Week of the Rest Stop (SJ, @STL, @CAR, @BUF)

How many points earned this week?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Meh, if guys are hurt and we lose, that just means we're on our way to getting another really talented player in the draft with a Top 10 pick. We know this team is a borderline playoff team when healthy, adding another high end prospect to the fold of what's already a borderline team that has Makar and Timmins in the system... That's exciting to look forward to.
From what I'm seeing with the upcoming draft so far I'm no longer afraid to pick #14 instead of like #9 or #10.

#7 to #15 are pretty much all in the same tier.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Crazy to think the Avs are 10th in the NHL in ROWs and 9th in goal differential, but a wild card playoff spot is highly questionable.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I doubt we see Varlamov start back to back games again the remainder of this season, even if they're spread out unless Bernier falls off a cliff. His groins are not to be trusted whatsoever.
Bednar said the other day that there was no clear #1 and they'll run the hot goalie. So it's really on a "you lose the game you lose your turn" basis.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Playoff experience only means something if you are doing it regularly, even consecutively.

JB indicated a platoon for the goalies.
Gotta get in the first time to have a chance at it being consecutively.

At some point soon, we’re gonna need to see what kinda team we have when the playoffs roll around.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
From what I'm seeing with the upcoming draft so far I'm no longer afraid to pick #14 instead of like #9 or #10.

#7 to #15 are pretty much all in the same tier.

Maybe, but I'm sure the Avs scouts wills still have a guy they're much higher on within that tier that they'd rather have a chance to take at #9 or #10 instead of him potentially being gone by the time we picked at 13 or 14.

Maybe to you there's a same tiered group from 8-14, but the Avs may, and likely will see it differently.

Gotta get in the first time to have a chance at it being consecutively.

At some point soon, we’re gonna need to see what kinda team we have when the playoffs roll around.

lol what? This just isn't true at all. Do people forget this team didn't even crack 50 points last year? We absolutely should not being expecting to see this team in the playoffs to "Find out what we have, and soon".

The fact we're even in the playoff picture in February is already a massive success

Last edited:

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
Meh, if guys are hurt and we lose, that just means we're on our way to getting another really talented player in the draft with a Top 10 pick. We know this team is a borderline playoff team when healthy, adding another high end prospect to the fold of what's already a borderline team that has Makar and Timmins in the system... That's exciting to look forward to.

This is the way I’m looking at all of this. Realistically if Mack is out 2-4 weeks our playoff hopes are shot. Hopefully this will stop Sakic from getting an itchy finger and maybe we’ll even be sellers at the deadline. Also getting a solid pick in this draft is something that can’t be sneezed at. If we have to circle the damned wagons one more time before we start putting together some good years, I’m all for it if it makes us do it right.

We were one or two years from making a splash in the playoffs anyway. This will just make us stronger and deeper when we get there.

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
Interesting how afree the Buffalo game every opponent the rest of the month is a Canadian team. Also I'll be at the Buffalo game :)

Reactions: cgf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad