Pre-Game Talk: Week of the 3-Game Canadian Roadie (...and Detwoit)

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Going to the game tonight. Do I get the pleasure of watching JoJo's first start of the year?
Most likely, have to give Georgie a break. Hopefully we keep them under 15 shots.

Going to the game tonight. Do I get the pleasure of watching JoJo's first start of the year?
Most likely, have to give Georgie a break. Hopefully we keep them under 15 shots.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Why are they not even bothering with Kinkaid? Is it because he refuses to switch his pads?

On a side note, I’m beginning to rethink my original opinion on Jake McCabe. He was pretty awful last night. :laugh:
Wasn’t impressed with their deadline move at all except ROR. Rest were lateral move at best.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I know this flies in the face of conventional logic because he hasn't earned it, but I think we need to give Newhook a shot next to 29 & 96. I get coaches want to see players to earn opportunities, but as a coach there's also an onus to get the most out of your players. ERod is not working in the top 6, and Newhook is getting any confidence he had in January shattered on the 4th line. Obviously the skill is there, and we really need him churning before the playoffs start. What's there to lose? Very little with the options at the moment, IMO

Maybe Newhook starts finishing some of the chances ERod hasn't been next to those 2, and maybe ERod begins to thrive against worst competition.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
I know this flies in the face of conventional logic because he hasn't earned it, but I think we need to give Newhook a shot next to 29 & 96. I get coaches want to see players to earn opportunities, but as a coach there's also an onus to get the most out of your players. ERod is not working in the top 6, and Newhook is getting any confidence he had in January shattered on the 4th line. Obviously the skill is there, and we really need him churning before the playoffs start. What's there to lose? Very little with the options at the moment, IMO

Maybe Newhook starts finishing some of the chances ERod hasn't been next to those 2, and maybe ERod begins to thrive against worst competition.
Either Newhook or Galchenyuk. Hook warmed up before the All-Star break and then lost that momentum. Bednar needs to do some top level coaching to get guys playing their best hockey as we finish up the season and head into important games.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Newhook scored two goals against the Sens earlier this year and scored a pretty goal against the Sens in Ottawa last year. Put him there tonight.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
OTL tonight, W in Detroit....Would be great....

But Ottawa basically playing for their life will come hard after us....

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'm f***ing jazzed for the 4-0 week. Anyone else f***ing jazzed?

giphy.gif
I f***ing told you f***ers I was f***ing jazzed.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wasn’t impressed with their deadline move at all except ROR. Rest were lateral move at best.
At the time I really liked the acquisitions of McCabe and Lafferty. Lafferty I still think was a decent pickup for speed, size, and some scoring punch on the 4th line. I’m souring a bit on McCabe now. The ROR pickup was fine, but Keefe took too goddamned long to realize that he’s a 3C, not a 2C.

What I find super-odd is that they, in turn, moved out two guys who could help them in Sandin and Engvall. Engvall in particular has been fantastic in New York, and playing a much bigger role there than he ever did in Toronto. I’d have dumped Holl and, yes, Kerfoot instead.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
At the time I really liked the acquisitions of McCabe and Lafferty. Lafferty I still think was a decent pickup for speed, size, and some scoring punch on the 4th line. I’m souring a bit on McCabe now. The ROR pickup was fine, but Keefe took too goddamned long to realize that he’s a 3C, not a 2C.

What I find super-odd is that they, in turn, moved out two guys who could help them in Sandin and Engvall. Engvall in particular has been fantastic in New York, and playing a much bigger role there than he ever did in Toronto. I’d have dumped Holl and, yes, Kerfoot instead.
That move never made sense to me. Engvall is so much of what the Leafs need yet they jettisoned him for worse players.

Reactions: Pokecheque

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I'm aware now why you know so much about Toronto.

Is it like watching a impending train wreck and betting on who survives?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad