Pre-Game Talk: Week of the 3-Game Canadian Roadie (...and Detwoit)

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
They better go 3-1 this week. This is not a hard schedule by any means. I just can't see them beating the Leafs with this lineup right now though.
Pretty much where the one loss "should" come this week. I be upset if they beat the Leafs and lost to the Wings because I be saying they could have gone 4-0 lol so naturally thats whats going to happen.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'm f***ing jazzed for the 4-0 week. Anyone else f***ing jazzed?

giphy.gif

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm so done with Keefe and Ryker. Two very annoying people.

Hell, don't like Moser either. Altitude needs new talent and probably should just sell.
Yeah, those three are really weak points for me as well. Too bad, they are three biggest roles in Altitude's hockey coverage because, I can't believe I'm typing this, I actually find the son of the man who once was cursed to have a big fat snake eat him insightful and a good add. Also, the "token" female broadcasters Altitude hire are often miles better at TV, and in Katie's case advanced stats, than those three.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'm not sure Altitude survives much longer... but I'm also not sure the alternative is going to be great either.
I've wondered what the alternative is if all the RSN's die. In a hypothetical world where the NHL and MLB team up, would some of the RSN presenters make their way to that enterprise. Would they have enough commentators to cover each game?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I've wondered what the alternative is if all the RSN's die. In a hypothetical world where the NHL and MLB team up, would some of the RSN presenters make their way to that enterprise. Would they have enough commentators to cover each game?
The most likely situation is something like what MLS does on Apple (and teamed up with MLB since the MLB already has the goods to deliver the production... maybe even at a full 1080p!). No local RSOs, roughly 13-15 broadcast and production teams, where there is a rotation of commentators that may or may not have any local ties.

Reactions: SirLoinOfCloth

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
European hockey broadcasts without regional broadcasters, exactly as hench described in that people might be local because it's easier logistically, but not necessarily. Scale is much different of course, but there's no real reason to have regional operators.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad