Pre-Game Talk: Week of Resolutions (VGK) (@VAN) (@EDM)

What are your 2023 resolutions?

• Total voters

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
MacDonald picked a real bad year to start to suck at that level.

G and EJ would be our 3rd pairing if Manson and Byram weren't hurt. That being said, losing and not burning out your players > losing and burning out your players.

Hunt can get better and stop taking penalties (not impossible) but Toews and Makar can't recover if you keep overplaying them.
Again, it’s the difference between being in games and losing and being blown out before the end of the second period. NO ONE will benefit if the team is nowhere near the playoff picture in the next month or so.

But if Toews isn't as tired, perhaps he scores more goals and then you win more games. That's the point.
They’d all have to score about five a night once the depth players gave up four or more every night.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
On a scale of 1 to I wanna chop wood, make replica ball arena, replica ice and zamboni and set it on fire, how concerned is everyone here?

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
MacDonald picked a real bad year to start to suck at that level.

G and EJ would be our 3rd pairing if Manson and Byram weren't hurt. That being said, losing and not burning out your players > losing and burning out your players.

Hunt can get better and stop taking penalties (not impossible) but Toews and Makar can't recover if you keep overplaying them.
They should, they're building stamina and in the playoffs they should be able to play 30 mins easily.

Duncan Keith and Keit Seabrook played over half the game for years in the playoffs and after long seasons with short summers

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
On a scale of 1 to I wanna chop wood, make replica ball arena, replica ice and zamboni and set it on fire, how concerned is everyone here?

On a 1-10 scale, I'm at about a 5 in concern. If they don't win some games in the next couple weeks, or get anyone else back, it will ramp up higher rrather quickly.

Reactions: the_fan

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
So where are the fellas sitting tomorrow night @The Kingslayer @Avs_19 @Cypher and any other Edmonton mofos I may have missed.
I sold my tickets after last nights game. Im going to Golfzon tommorow instead. 8-2 Oilers.

On a 1-10 scale, I'm at about a 5 in concern. If they don't win some games in the next couple weeks, or get anyone else back, it will ramp up higher rrather quickly.
Scale of 1-10 im probably at a 0 in terms of concern. Pretty much saw this happening when they signed Georgiev. He tricked me for a few months but this the shitty guy he is.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I sold my tickets after last nights game. Im going to Golfzon tommorow instead. 8-2 Oilers.

Scale of 1-10 im probably at a 0 in terms of concern. Pretty much saw this happening when they signed Georgiev. He tricked me for a few months but this the shitty guy he is.
In defense of Georgiev, some of this losses are not on him. For example, last game loss was on guys like Englund, Hunt, EJ even Toews because they played defense like donkeys ass

Reactions: Alienblood

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

Georgie is 10th in goals saved above expected amongst starters. He is the least of their concerns.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton

Avs 100% winning tomorrow. They end up winning every time I don't go to a game because I think they're going to lose.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe I am the first in here, and maybe i´m exaggerating, but I´m more and more mentally preparing for a lost season allready and the fallout which will come with it. Call me whatever you want on this one...

The defending Stanley Cup Champ missing the playoffs the season after? Dont wanna think about that nightmare....There must be consequences and heads have to roll if this happens.

We are fighting for a wildcard-spot with our best players allready worn out or overplayed because the rest can do shit (Girard and Johnson as an emblem) or cant stay healthy even if there life depends on it. Our depth is a joke (as is our drafting outside Round 1) Anyone can imagine how this will turn out in the end.

Our only benefit is a weak Western conference so far. But even this wont stay this way if we can't get our heads out of our asses.

Landeskog wont be back for the regluar season, nor should he. That´s as sure as hell for me right now. I don´t know what MacFarland is thinking, but time to pull out a "Kucherov" allready on this part. Byram is damaged good. I would be suprised if this career lasts longer than his 25th birthday at this rate.

I just cant imagine this team becoming healthy this season, let alone in the playoffs, if we sneak in. So whoever comes up with the argument "when we are healthy" needs to stop with this. It seems that every 2nd player who comes to Denver is injury prone the moment he signs the contract and that last season was an exception (and thank god we took advantage of it). Time to take a deep look into our medical department and training. This isn´t just "unlucky" at this point. This shit goes on for years. I´m going even further and say it cost us another cup beside last season allready.

I didnt expect another season of fireworks or domination, just a team who, at least, can and should compete for a Top 3-spot in this division. A team that has players like Makar, MacKinnon, Rants, Toews is by far good enough to make the playoffs without trouble. And look where we are right now.....

As much as I love this team, but this season becomes more and more frustrating.....

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Maybe I am the first in here, and maybe i´m exaggerating, but I´m more and more mentally preparing for a lost season allready and the fallout which will come with it. Call me whatever you want on this one...

The defending Stanley Cup Champ missing the playoffs the season after? Dont wanna think about that nightmare....There must be consequences and heads have to roll if this happens.

We are fighting for a wildcard-spot with our best players allready worn out or overplayed because the rest can do shit (Girard and Johnson as an emblem) or cant stay healthy even if there life depends on it. Our depth is a joke (as is our drafting outside Round 1) Anyone can imagine how this will turn out in the end.

Our only benefit is a weak Western conference so far. But even this wont stay this way if we can't get our heads out of our asses.

Landeskog wont be back for the regluar season, nor should he. That´s as sure as hell for me right now. I don´t know what MacFarland is thinking, but time to pull out a "Kucherov" allready on this part. Byram is damaged good. I would be suprised if this career lasts longer than his 25th birthday at this rate.

I just cant imagine this team becoming healthy this season, let alone in the playoffs, if we sneak in. So whoever comes up with the argument "when we are healthy" needs to stop with this. It seems that every 2nd player who comes to Denver is injury prone the moment he signs the contract and that last season was an exception (and thank god we took advantage of it). Time to take a deep look into our medical department and training. This isn´t just "unlucky" at this point. This shit goes on for years. I´m going even further and say it cost us another cup beside last season allready.

I didnt expect another season of fireworks or domination, just a team who, at least, can and should compete for a Top 3-spot in this division. A team that has players like Makar, MacKinnon, Rants, Toews is by far good enough to make the playoffs without trouble. And look where we are right now.....

As much as I love this team, but this season becomes more and more frustrating.....

I share the same feelings. I have no confidence in the team right now and we look far from a contender.

If things go totally awful till trade deadline, I'd save the assets and move guys we want to move from.

Time for a retooling, if things keep going this way.

This team can bounce back, but it needs some roster moves and help.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I feel the pain for you Western dons out there in the true north. Avs could go on an Islanders dynasty with Cups in six straight years and still get their arse caved in by the Western Canada road trip...even if all the clubs would be in a rebuild.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I feel the pain for you Western dons out there in the true north. Avs could go on an Islanders dynasty with Cups in six straight years and still get their arse caved in by the Western Canada road trip...even if all the clubs would be in a rebuild.
I'm thinking I may leave after the 2nd tonight if/when the game gets out of hand

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad