Pre-Game Talk: Week of no mercy! Min×2, Ana×2

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
There’s a name I haven’t heard in a while.
Yeah, given the Avs backup goalie situation right now I suppose Kolesnik was a subconscious slip. Obviously meant Kolesar.

Interesting that Kolesnik and Johansson both have a career .888 save percentage.

Last edited:

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
After seeing those angles I'm OK with the suspension but I just can't believe Kolesar didn't get anything. Both jump into the hit and both got the head.

Reactions: hoserthehorrible

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Yeah I'm fine with the suspension. It's not 100% clear from the angles available whether he actually made significant head contact, but it's a blind-side hit away from the puck and that's a dangerous play regardless if he gets the head or not.

That said, as others have pointed out the double-standards with the DOP(E)S making these decisions is absurd.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
Also nothing for Brodin who threw an elbow straight to Mack's head.
I will first say I think this is well deserved blind side hit shouldn't be part of this game and are dangerous. Protect the players.

I also think the Brodin hit should've at least got a penalty. I hate those who are saying "Ohhh he just tried to squeek through" or "I don't think Brodin or Mackinnon saw each other". Isn't that the same thing with the high sticks when a player is responsible of his stick and whether he falls or not if the stick hits the face it's an automatic penalty? I think you're also responsible of your own body, you tried to "squeek through" and hit someone's head (who just came back after a concussion) should be a penalty. Far more dangerous hitting someone's head than having a cut on the lips.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
I'm starting to get a little nervous that Gru might have tweaked something. Jojo might get both starts vs the Ducks, how he looked in Minny and then we got Dubs today. I hope I'm crazy and overthinking things.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'm starting to get a little nervous that Gru might have tweaked something. Jojo might get both starts vs the Ducks, how he looked in Minny and then we got Dubs today. I hope I'm crazy and overthinking things.

Better now than in the playoffs if he did tweak something.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Pateryn on leaving Avs for Sharks

giphy.gif

Reactions: missionAvs

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
Ryan Reaves just knocked a guy out for the coyotes with a hit directly to the head. Way worse than the McDonald hit. No penalty. What’s the bet no suspension?

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Ryan Reaves just knocked a guy out for the coyotes with a hit directly to the head. Way worse than the McDonald hit. No penalty. What’s the bet no suspension?
Well, since they didn't give Carrier one for elbowing Landy in the head, and didn't give one to Kolesar for leaping and smashing Bo's head against the glass, I'm guessing they do nothing to Reaves either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad