Pre-Game Talk: Week of no mercy! Min×2, Ana×2

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
So much for "it was shoulder to shoulder"

Also where the f*** was MacDonald on that play? Why is he arriving so late in the dzone?

Who the hell knows. He may have started out decent as a replacement, but I'm ready to see someone better in the lineup. Either way, shitty play. Hope the NHL starts getting serious on these suspensions though.

hockeyfish

Feb 23, 2007
DENVER!!!!!!!
Yeah well deserved. Should have been 5 and a game to start. Might have stopped the suspension, but two games is fair.

My personal opinion, and this might ruffle a few feathers, is that well more than 2 is fair. A player like MacDonald will gladly trade 2 games to prove that he is a tough player who has a NHL level quality. If the NHL were actually serious about eliminating hits that target the head, they need to change the math so that the risk isn't worth it to the players. Start at 10 games minimum for targeting the head.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My personal opinion, and this might ruffle a few feathers, is that well more than 2 is fair. A player like MacDonald will gladly trade 2 games to prove that he is a tough player who has a NHL level quality. If the NHL were actually serious about eliminating hits that target the head, they need to change the math so that the risk isn't worth it to the players. Start at 10 games minimum for targeting the head.

I don’t see the NHL doing that.
Absolute garbage. Didn't even touch his head. And Kolesar doesn't even get a fine, let alone a hearing, for concussing Byram, and McJesus gets a fine for deliberately elbowing a guy. DOS is trash.
Just because one was missed by DOS doesn’t mean this should be allowed to slide...

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Absolute garbage. Didn't even touch his head. And Kolesar doesn't even get a fine, let alone a hearing, for concussing Byram, and McJesus gets a fine for deliberately elbowing a guy. DOS is trash.

Really?

You think the DoS would.just give him a suspension anyways despite missing his head?

Obviously there was significant head contact here.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
I don’t see the NHL doing that.

Just because one was missed by DOS doesn’t mean this should be allowed to slide...
It wasn't even a penalty. He hit him in the shoulder and misses his head by 6". Just because Hartman throws his head back and lays on the ice trying to draw a major doesn't mean it's suspension-worthy. It's terrible.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC

Seeing it from all angles, I have to agree that he clipped the head. The first angle we saw last made it look more to the chest. I think it's a clumsy hit and not premeditated however.

I wish we had more consistency towards the bums that headhunt our stars but I guess that's a discussion for another day.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
More Renouf!!!!

upload_2021-4-8_20-44-5.gif

Reactions: the_fan

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Who the hell knows. He may have started out decent as a replacement, but I'm ready to see someone better in the lineup. Either way, shitty play. Hope the NHL starts getting serious on these suspensions though.

Just like they plan to get serious on the major reffing problem...

They won't. They don't give a shit. Just like the impression of artificial parity is paramount to them, so is player safety. If they gave half a shit about player safety, Brodin would be suspended 2 games for HIS headshot.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
I’m OK with this suspension. I’m not OK with the DOS letting Kolesar go completely unpunished for a clear hit to the head after jumping into Byram and squishing his head against the glass. Why is one hit a 2 game suspension and the other one incurs absolutely nothing?

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I’m OK with this suspension. I’m not OK with the DOS letting Kolesnik go completely unpunished for a clear hit to the head after jumping into Byram and squishing his head against the glass. Why is one hit a 2 game suspension and the other one incurs absolutely nothing?
There’s a name I haven’t heard in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad