Pre-Game Talk: Week of no mercy! Min×2, Ana×2

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Renouf needs more time to season. I like him as part of the future core.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Yeah Renouf can't play 5 min and then you have Toews playing 29 min on the 2nd night of a back-to-back and the game didn't even go to OT. That's pure insanity.

I don't think Renouf is bad but they need a dman that Bednar will trust more.

hLq6GuS.png

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Hopefully Byram's ready to go next game. They were close games so Bednar did what he felt he needed to do but playing Renouf 5 mins/gm in a back to back wasn't great and even MacDonald only got 10 mins yesterday.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The Wild fans are expecting this series to be much harder for us it seems. Beating the Knights must have given them some juice, perhaps their GDT will reach 6 pages before they all quit watching this slaughter.
They said that last time too. I expect it to be closer but if the Avs play the same way they played the Wild last time its going end faster than a rabbit gets f***ed.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Wah? If Renouf is apart of the core we are in trouble.

The core is Mackinnon, Landy, Mikko, Makar, Girard and Grubauer. Those are the guys who win or lose will be looked at as the reason.
Renouf could be a 7th/8th dman and I been fine with it but core?

Agreed but I would add Byram as part of that future core.

Reactions: Ararana

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Wah? If Renouf is apart of the core we are in trouble.

The core is Mackinnon, Landy, Mikko, Makar, Girard and Grubauer. Those are the guys who win or lose will be looked at as the reason.
Renouf could be a 7th/8th dman and I been fine with it but core?
Hard to leave Toews out of this...his ice time alone is very telling.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Toews played a lot last month but overall he's 33rd in total minutes and 15th in mins/gm. He's also showing no signs of slowing down. He had one or two off games and fatigue was brought up and then he went right back to the way he has been playing all season long. Sure, maybe don't play him that much on a back to back and cut down a bit leading into the playoffs but we're talking Suter 2.0 here. He's fine.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Renouf needs more time to season. I like him as part of the future core.
Ummmm? No.

MacDonald playing just ten minutes to Graves 21 is also very telling. Bednar knows he’s ridden those AHL guys about as far as they can run before they are overexposed.

Renouf isn’t an NHL player. Should have been Timmins getting 13 minutes a game rather than Renouf getting 6.

macDonald is a proper 7th D man but Timmins and him should be fighting for that last spot while EJ is out. Renouf should stay in the AHL for the rest of this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad