Pre-Game Talk: Week of Kaprizov (Ana, Minx2)

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
5 game win streak
7-2-1 last 10
3 points behind Vegas for 1st place (Avs extra game played)
8 points ahead of Kings for the final playoff spot

The Avs really turned it around in the last little while. Looking at the standings, I wonder if the Kings possibly catch the Blues.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
5 game win streak
7-2-1 last 10
3 points behind Vegas for 1st place (Avs extra game played)
8 points ahead of Kings for the final playoff spot

The Avs really turned it around in the last little while. Looking at the standings, I wonder if the Kings possibly catch the Blues.
4 of LA's next 6 games are against Vegas, so they'll probably fall away a little bit in the standings in the next couple of weeks.

That said, St. Louis have a brutal looking April, with almost all of their games being against Vegas, Colorado, and Minnesota, so if LA can stay within touching distance they'll probably have a decent chance of overhauling the Blues.

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
The news just keep getting better with each passing day...

2LaA.gif

tenor.gif

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I kinda feel bad for the guy. He just wasn't ready, but there just wasn't much anyone could do about it. Hopefully he gets back to crushing it in the AHL. I can't say that I'm expecting much better from Werner, but it couldn't get much worse. TDL is only a month out. If he can give us a few .900 games before then, great.

Reactions: McMetal

Richard88

Jun 29, 2019
I kinda feel bad for the guy. He just wasn't ready, but there just wasn't much anyone could do about it. Hopefully he gets back to crushing it in the AHL. I can't say that I'm expecting much better from Werner, but it couldn't get much worse. TDL is only a month out. If he can give us a few .900 games before then, great.
We have four games until the deadline that we'll need a backup for: back-to-back's against Arizona, St. Louis, and Anaheim/Arizona, along with another game against Anaheim most likely. We'll be ok if Werner can go 0.500 in those 4 games to carry us over until the deadline when a proper backup can be added at a reasonable price.

Reactions: tucker3434

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Werner may not be any better than Miska, but he won't be worse. I'd actually prefer Werner's poor rebound control over Miska's constant poor positioning. One is more manageable than the other.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Werner may not be any better than Miska, but he won't be worse. I'd actually prefer Werner's poor rebound control over Miska's constant poor positioning. One is more manageable than the other.
What if I told you that Miska stole away a starting job from Werner?

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What if I told you that Miska stole away a starting job from Werner?
I mean, I don't want to make it sound like I'm wildly optimistic about Werner. He had one great game in the NHL, and one terrible one, and he's played one AHL game in the past year. I'm just saying, I'll take Werner's flaws over Miska's at this point, neither is going to be an answer, and Johansson (if that comes through) probably won't either.

I'll settle for just bare competence at this point from a goalie other than Grubauer. Werner currently lacks the stink that Miska has, that alone makes him worth a shot as a backup until we can get Frankie back from the dead.

LostInMosEisley

A wretched hive of scum and villany
Aug 18, 2020
As long as Francouz is coming back, they don't need to find someone very good. What's going on with Miska isn't just that he's bad... it was a melt down type of deal. He almost surely is capable of playing better if he's not lost in his own head. But they can't afford to keep putting him out there until he finds is way out of that funk. If Francouz is coming back they just need to find someone who can play a few games behind the best defense in the league and not get lost in their own head. Between Werner, Johannson and Jones hopefully they can manage to get a few such games.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As long as Francouz is coming back, they don't need to find someone very good. What's going on with Miska isn't just that he's bad... it was a melt down type of deal. He almost surely is capable of playing better if he's not lost in his own head. But they can't afford to keep putting him out there until he finds is way out of that funk. If Francouz is coming back they just need to find someone who can play a few games behind the best defense in the league and not get lost in their own head. Between Werner, Johannson and Jones hopefully they can manage to get a few such games.

I get what you're saying, but Frank should not be looked at as a backup option right now. If you follow the story, this injury was supposedly different than his last injury in August. Both hampered his game significantly. He has had one quality start in the last year. If he makes it back this season, he's going to be very rusty and it will take a few games to get going.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00