Pre-Game Talk: Week of Kaprizov (Ana, Minx2)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Man, Minnesota must be so starved for talent. Kaprizov is a hell of a player but that fan base is gone so insane over the guy.

But I guess they've also never ever had a true superstar on that team. Kaprizov looks like maybe he could be that player for them.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Man, Minnesota must be so starved for talent. Kaprizov is a hell of a player but that fan base is gone so insane over the guy.

But I guess they've also never ever had a true superstar on that team. Kaprizov looks like maybe he could be that player for them.
They've had some really good players that are borderline superstars. Gaborik, Brent Burns, Suter and Parise were both considered superstars when they signed them.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
They've had some really good players that are borderline superstars. Gaborik, Brent Burns, Suter and Parise were both considered superstars when they signed them.
Burns career didn't take off until he left Minnesota.

Gaborik had a couple really good years in Minnesota but I dont think he ever really truly hit superstar status. Very good player though.

Likewise with Parise and Suter. Moreso Suter, I think if the league had more appreciation for shut down defenders, Suter could have been a superstar caliber player.

Kaprizov could very well be a top tier superstar though and really seems to have the personality to go along with that. Very marketable player. But yeah, Wild fans are also already gone completely star crazy over him.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Kaprizov could very well be a top tier superstar though and really seems to have the personality to go along with that. Very marketable player. But yeah, Wild fans are also already gone completely star crazy over him.

As much as I don't like them, it's good for their fanbase and also for the league to have a mediocre team like that finally getting an offensive superstar. That was/is a super bland franchise.

Maybe Laine can be that guy too if they finally change the coach in Columbus.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As much as I don't like them, it's good for their fanbase and also for the league to have a mediocre team like that finally getting an offensive superstar. That was/is a super bland franchise.

Maybe Laine can be that guy too if they finally change the coach in Columbus.

Yeah... they have a few good ones coming tbh.

Boldy and Rossi should fill out that forward group quite well.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Let's hope some reinforcements arrive soon. Anaheim on Tuesday, Minny Thursday and Saturday. Minny is on fire.

giphy.gif

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
1-1-1 prediction aswell eh
Tides always swinging with Minnesota. We were dismantling them in 13-14 until the playoffs when they figured us out, which led to like 3 straight years of them big-brothering us and just putting the boot to us. Then once MacKinnon started to become the MacKinnon of today in 17-18 we started to dominate them for a couple of seasons what felt like pretty much every game.

But now? Seems like the tide is turning once again, and Minnesota is starting to play us very well and look like the better team all the time.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Tides always swinging with Minnesota. We were dismantling them in 13-14 until the playoffs when they figured us out, which led to like 3 straight years of them big-brothering us and just putting the boot to us. Then once MacKinnon started to become the MacKinnon of today in 17-18 we started to dominate them for a couple of seasons what felt like pretty much every game.

But now? Seems like the tide is turning once again, and Minnesota is starting to play us very well and look like the better team all the time.

A titanic battle of good and evil

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio

Time to retire Hejduk’s jersey again.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m expecting a 2-1 record.

A ‘W’ against the Ducks and then 1-1 against Minni.

The Avs are 2-1-1 against the Wild this season. In their most recent loss against Minni, Grubauer gave up 5 goals on 24 shots. I wouldn’t expect that again. Both teams are on fire, so a split wouldn’t surprise me at all.

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I’m expecting a 2-1 record.

A ‘W’ against the Ducks and then 1-1 against Minni.

The Avs are 2-2 against the Wild this season. In their most recent loss against Minni, Grubauer gave up 5 goals on 24 shots. I wouldn’t expect that again. Both teams are on fire, so a split wouldn’t surprise me at all.
Difference is one team is scoring almost at will and the Avs have made the last three goalies look like Hasek. The difference in those 2 games will be if Mackinnon shows up. If Mackinnon shows up the Avs can win both. If he doesnt show up ...

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Difference is one team is scoring almost at will and the Avs have made the last three goalies look like Hasek. The difference in those 2 games will be if Mackinnon shows up. If Mackinnon shows up the Avs can win both. If he doesnt show up ...

The Avs might not be scoring a lot, but they’re dominating games. Granted, against some weaker competition, but still encouraging.

I don’t think the Avs live and die by MacKinnon anymore. We’re seeing that this season.

They can win a lot even when he’s not on his game. Ultimately if they want to go deep in the playoffs he’ll have to be at his best, but they don’t need him putting up 2 points a night to win games.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
The real question right now is who plays goalie on Tuesday. I have to imagine Grub gets one game off this week, and I don't want it to be one of the Minnesota games.

Reactions: McMetal

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
The real question right now is who plays goalie on Tuesday. I have to imagine Grub gets one game off this week, and I don't want it to be one of the Minnesota games.

Thats what should probably happen, play Miska against Anaheim, but I have a feeling Bednar is gonna ride Grubauer until a back to back forces him to play Miska

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
And I can't blame Bednar on this one. We need a backup asap. Too bad we weren't able to get Stalock from waivers.

Cant blame him either. We can’t afford to bleed points because Miska can’t stop a beach ball. I really hope there’s a plan for a backup goalie by the trade deadline. We need to be able to rest Gru some down the stretch.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Honestly I dunno if I would start Miska this week.

Avs are finally seemingly rolling for the first time all season. Miska is about as close to a guaranteed loss as you can get at this point.

As much as I dont want to be riding Grubauer like we have, while we are playing really well and winning a bunch of games I think we have to keep rolling Gruby until we cool off or until we get an actual backup.

Unless we had a b2b this week in which case we definitely can't do that to Grubs.

I wish Joe would just hurry up and trade for a damn NHL tier goalie already though.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
upload_2021-3-15_8-13-28.png

With all the injuries it's hard to complain where they sit right now. This week's games against Minnesota, and next week against Vegas, are pretty big. It's a bummer they'll probably still be missing Makar. Maybe they'll get Byram back before Thursday as he skated (non contact) in their optional skate on Saturday.

There's plenty of time for things to change but if things keep going on this trajectory the Avs first round opponent is going to be the wild. As if that hatred needs any fuel. Can the wild keep it up for another 30 games? I still think what they're doing is a bit of a mirage.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00