Pre-Game Talk: Week of Hello Rock Bottom [vsCBJ | @WSH | @NYI | @BOS]

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Are we going to see a Greer-McCormick-Someone 4th line? Would be nice to see a 4th line that could actually create some energy for the team.

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
C9B0D478-7314-4A98-9A6D-01501A19BF11.jpeg

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Bedsy's fishing for miracles. Good to see Greer getting another chance, though. Unless he's all speed and no grit now he'll be sent down again soon, of course.

If they were fishing for miracles Martin would have been called up, or Frank if he is actually healthy. I'd describe it more like Bednar sitting at his desk pushing pieces around one of those sad garden things.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If you want a sobering reality... Lindholm is the most successful non top 10 pick the Avs have made in the last 5 drafts. I'm sure that will change, but woof...
Hepple seems like a solid head of amateur scouting (except for goaltending of course), but it seems if there is a spot we keep failing in it is from the regional scouts. Which is odd because the San Jose Sharks are the complete opposite in every way.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Hepple seems like a solid head of amateur scouting (except for goaltending of course), but it seems if there is a spot we keep failing in it is from the regional scouts. Which is odd because the San Jose Sharks are the complete opposite in every way.

I'm really not the biggest fan of Hepple... better than Pracey, but I don't like how he runs a draft and some of his preferences and what he's willing to overlook. I wish the Avs were willing to go outside the family and grab a few guys for promotions.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm really not the biggest fan of Hepple... better than Pracey, but I don't like how he runs a draft and some of his preferences and what he's willing to overlook. I wish the Avs were willing to go outside the family and grab a few guys for promotions.
Agreed, I suggest Hepple has a better eye for talent than Pracey and is solid overall, but like Pracey he tends to stick to his guns and not really adventure out beyond his comfort zone (until recently with his Russian picks). I would easily replace him if some amateur assistant is ready to take the next step such as Kevin Murray from Anaheim, Daniel Dore from Islanders, or Michel Boucher from Tampa Bay.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Agreed, I suggest Hepple has a better eye for talent than Pracey and is solid overall, but like Pracey he tends to stick to his guns and not really adventure out beyond his comfort zone (until recently with his Russian picks). I would easily replace him if some amateur assistant is ready to take the next step such as Kevin Murray from Anaheim, Daniel Dore from Islanders, or Michel Boucher from Tampa Bay.
I dont know any of those other scouts but based on the teams they are employed by I want them all.

Reactions: dahrougem2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad