Pre-Game Talk: Week of Hello Rock Bottom [vsCBJ | @WSH | @NYI | @BOS]

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Sometimes you're in a daze because it happened so fast. There was one time I got attacked by a dog and the dog turned on me so fast that when I grabbed it by the collar I didn't know what happened. Afterwards I found out that it got like four to five bites on me including one on my rib cage (which I never even felt). Wilson didn't even allow him to drop his gloves and went crazy like the gorilla we've seen of him in the past.

Sometimes that daze is because of a lot of alcohol too.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I wonder if Lindholm keeps coming up at the request of the Eagles? Like neither team wants him so they are time sharing the burden.

My guess is they brought up Lindholm to do nacho duty for the road trip in case someone got sick at the last minute or something and now that they need someone to play, they call some someone who can actually play

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
My guess is they brought up Lindholm to do nacho duty for the road trip in case someone got sick at the last minute or something and now that they need someone to play, they call some someone who can actually play
Yeah sometimes it is to give them NHL salary as a perk. It keeps these guys a little happier but as you said if they need somebody to play they will call up the one they want more.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yes, I know. He made an AHL deal just 2 days ago. I think trading Barbs for a 5th or 6th wouldn't be too hard. If you can't, then you either have to keep 2 extra D, or waive Barbs and send him down.

Barbs as like the 7/8D would be fine. He makes a lot for that role but having him next year play as the first or second call up would be fine with me since his contract ends next year.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Barbs as like the 7/8D would be fine. He makes a lot for that role but having him next year play as the first or second call up would be fine with me since his contract ends next year.
Barberio had a stretch last year where he was absolutely solid. He's been a mess this year. Panics with the puck.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

IDK if Dater is right or not. I thought it was well known that Gravy only could play under a certain number of games to remain waiver exempt.

Graves himself told Dater/AJ he does not have to go through waivers this year. So that is what they're basing it off of.

DanglesFromDuchene

Sep 8, 2013
Graves signed when he was 19 which provides 4 years of exemption, but he didn't play his first pro game until he was 20, which starts his clock. So does that mean his 4-year exemption started when he was 20? If so, he should be exempt all year.

Edit: This could be completely wrong, just spitballin'

Last edited:

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Oh. Didn't know/forgot that he went through already. Then yep, that's pretty simple then.
I can't see Sakic just letting Graves go through waivers. He's been useful, and he's cheap. He should be looking at getting a pick for Nemeth if possible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->