Pre-Game Talk: Week of Hall visiting his new home (Cgy, Phi, NJ)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Week of very winnable games, hopefully they can keep rolling. The future Av rolls into town Friday, mid-game locker room switch? :sarcasm:

Injury Report:

Johnson: Week to week (to begin skating this week)
Grubauer: Day to day, LBI. (Probable for Fri vs NJ)
Kadri: Healthy
Makar: Upper body, Day to day (skating in non-contact Jersey, Out Fri vs NJ, possible Mon @ STL)
Wilson: Out indefinitely

(Planning to keep injury updates throughout the week in these threads when I make them)

Last edited:

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Waving Tynan because they need room for a D and a goalie? Scary stuff.

Or maybe it's because Calvert and Kadri are not that far off?

I NEED AN UPDATE ... and yeah, i know it has to be around 2 am in Denver but common, we need to know :confused:

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
giphy.gif

Reactions: Avs_19 and Flow

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Philly has really picked it up in the standings after their lousy start, but they are benefiting from a pretty insane 10-2-4 home record. They're much less potent on the road so far. Calgary has also enjoyed something of a new coach bounce since Peters was canned, but they're still pretty much the same team we've already beaten twice. They're on a 4 game win streak, but that includes games against LA and Ottawa so it's not as impressive as it sounds.

The Devils should be as close to a layup game as you can get in this league. Nothing is ever for sure, but the Avs should tear that goaltending tandem to shreds. The numbers they're posting individually and as a group are unprecedentedly bad.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I know that someone remarked that since Colorado and the Eagles are both in Denver, it would not be necessary to call up a defenseman immediately if Makar is out. It would seem that you need a 7th defenseman present in case anything happens short notice, including illness or injury discovered pre-game. The team would otherwise be taking too much of a risk.

Of course, I am somewhat excited to see Timmins again, but I would expect any D call up to be Connaughton.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Waving Tynan because they need room for a D and a goalie? Scary stuff.

Or maybe it's because Calvert and Kadri are not that far off?

I NEED AN UPDATE ... and yeah, i know it has to be around 2 am in Denver but common, we need to know :confused:

I'm confident enough to think it is only because Calvert and Kadri are back and Makar is day-to-day. Grub said he will test his hammy this morning so they might want to have that spot for tonight.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol that situation with Hall/Eakins is overblown. Hall threw a water bottle against the bench and it happened to splash a bit onto Eakins, who WAY over reacted to the situation.

Then again, it's Dallas Eakins who I think is arguably one of the worst coaches in hockey.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

These lines are an exact indication of who belongs to be where.

The 4 worst forwards on this roster makeup the 4th line/extra forward spot based on what I’ve seen.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

These lines are an exact indication of who belongs to be where.

The 4 worst forwards on this roster makeup the 4th line/extra forward spot based on what I’ve seen.

I mean, that's pretty unfair to Nieto who has had a very good season so far, both statistically and on the eye test.

Point still stands as I suppose he is the 4th "worst"(Nuke needs to continue this play), but he's a damn good 4th liner to have.

Reactions: AvsGuy and Murzu

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lol that situation with Hall/Eakins is overblown. Hall threw a water bottle against the bench and it happened to splash a bit onto Eakins, who WAY over reacted to the situation.

Then again, it's Dallas Eakins who I think is arguably one of the worst coaches in hockey.

Just another sign that he's a problem.

Bednar's going to be dealing with "do your f'n job" from one side and dodging water bottles from the other.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I mean, that's pretty unfair to Nieto who has had a very good season so far, both statistically and on the eye test.

Point still stands as I suppose he is the 4th "worst"(Nuke needs to continue this play), but he's a damn good 4th liner to have.
I think he’s been a trainwreck over the last 3 weeks or so.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com

Personally I think David Quinn in the worst coach in the NHL, I honestly don't know what to make of Eakins, at least not yet. It's probably telling that Bob Murray all but declared Eakins the heir apparent to Randy Carlyle (speaking of awful NHL coaches) only to backpedal and interview other candidates.

So far Colliton has not impressed me, but the kid may be in a little over his head. That's not a good team in Chicago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad