Pre-Game Talk: Week of even more injuries? Please don't ... @CGY / @MIN / TOR

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Cliche was at least a really good PK'er if I remember correctly?

Ehhhhhhh he was okay. He was a decent waiver pickup that first year when they were having depth issues.

To be fair to Roy and the Avs they tried to bump him back to the press box when they signed Winchester. We all know how well that went.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I have a feeling he'll take two penalties and Barrie will score on both PPs.
AJ and Barrie are both aware of what is happening here. AJ is going to level Barrie, Tboobs is going to be "injurred" for a month or two sinking his value. He'll sign as a 3rd pairing d-man for the Avs this summer (but will get a 10M contract to be a spokesman for Wal-Mart) and AJ will be given a 4th line slot on the Avs next season.

I have spoken....

Reactions: ASmileyFace

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
AJ and Barrie are both aware of what is happening here. AJ is going to level Barrie, Tboobs is going to be "injurred" for a month or two sinking his value. He'll sign as a 3rd pairing d-man for the Avs this summer (but will get a 10M contract to be a spokesman for Wal-Mart) and AJ will be given a 4th line slot on the Avs next season.

I have spoken....
44CA8959-7B07-40E8-A972-191BFCA93358.gif

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
I'm afraid we'll might think of this week again at the end of the season.
It's still November and were still in a playoff spot despite being decimated with injuries.

We'll be fine. If we don't make the playoffs it won't be because of losing a couple games in mid November because we were riddled with injuries.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It is difficult to believe that they are planning to scratch Cole or Graves for Rosen. Cole has really struggled at times and Graves took 5 minor penalties over two games and they both stayed in the lineup. Perhaps they are looking to scratch Zadorov, but it is most likely an EJ injury. Cole and Graves look untouchable for Bednar and Pratt.

Edit: Dater's tweet regarding to speculation about EJ being injured and Rosen's callup. Perhaps there is hope. I would bet that Z is scratched based on the decisions made by Bednar and Pratt in the past.

Last edited:

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
It is difficult to believe that they are planning to scratch Cole or Graves for Rosen. Cole has really struggled at times and Graves took 5 minor penalties over two games and they both stayed in the lineup. Perhaps they are looking to scratch Zadorov, but it is most likely an EJ injury. Cole and Graves look untouchable for Bednar and Pratt.

Edit: Dater's tweet regarding to speculation about EJ being injured and Rosen's callup. Perhaps there is hope. I would bet that Z is scratched based on the decisions made by Bednar and Pratt in the past.

Cole was scratched before, so was Graves (i guess). I think Bednar wants one puck moving D paired with a more physical D. Makes sense. So either one of our LDs except Sammy is a possible scratch. My money is on Graves.

Obviously only IF EJ isn't hurt after all. It's a Dater tweet so who knows ...

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Cole was scratched before, so was Graves (i guess). I think Bednar wants one puck moving D paired with a more physical D. Makes sense. So either one of our LDs except Sammy is a possible scratch. My money is on Graves.

Obviously only IF EJ isn't hurt after all. It's a Dater tweet so who knows ...

I'd be surprised if it was Z, I actually think he's been one of the better D recently. Sure he makes dumb plays too, but not to the same degree as others. He's also done a good job staying out of the box for being big. I'd put money on EJ - precautionarily, or Cole - addition by subtraction.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
The biggest loser in the Rosen call up is Barberio, because it pretty much tells them they don't have enough faith in him or that they don't have enough faith to the point that they want to see what they have in another "puck-moving" defender.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
The biggest loser in the Rosen call up is Barberio, because it pretty much tells them they don't have enough faith in him or that they don't have enough faith to the point that they want to see what they have in another "puck-moving" defender.
Yeah, I don't see this having much effect on Cole/Graves unfortunately. Doubt Bednar is going to give up their pk time to Rosen. They're probably just more okay with Rosen practicing with the team and waiting than with Timmins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad