Pre-Game Talk: Week of even more injuries? Please don't ... @CGY / @MIN / TOR

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I'm kinda curious too. Is he no longer waiver exempt or something?

If the PK continues to circle the drain I wouldn't mind them at least trying him out there for a little bit.

No he should still have 20 games left before he's eligible for waivers.

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
No such thing as fate, jinxes or luck.

I completely agree that words like fate and jinx and even "momentum" are simply attempts to categorize poorly understood phenomenon. But there's plenty on the quantum level that we simply don't understand. Will and cognition play a larger role in shaping our reality than we likely understand.

But stop f***ing jinxing us!

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Fun fact for tomorrow:

MacKinnon has more points alone than Minnesota’s top two scorers combined:

MacKinnon- 31 points
Staal+Zucker- 29 points

Even more fun fact:

Makar has more points than Minnesota’s top two defencemen combined.

Makar- 23 points
Suter+Spurgeon- 20 points

Can we make fun of their overpaid dog and pony show additions that were supposed to bring them a Cup too?

Makar - $2.85M AAV - 23 points
Parise + Suter - $15.077M AAV - 21 points

or

MacKinnon + Makar - $9.15M AAV - 54 points
Parise + Suter - $15.077M AAV - 21 points

Love that they're stuck with those two for five more years.

Last edited:

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I'd argue there isn't much true randomness in hockey.
I think you make, or at least influence, your own luck in hockey, like all sports. Life too, I guess. Momentum is an underrated phenomenon. Play to the percentages in hockey.

Damn, I sound like Mr. O’reilly.

Last edited:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Hockey has a bit more luck in it than some other sports, but in the end the best players are the best consistently, the best teams are the best year-in-year-out, and as always the luck evens out over the long term.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu doesn't sound like he'll be around for the game tomorrow night. "Dealing with a personal matter" is the official reason. They recalled a goalie from the AHL today. Probably be Stalock, who is playing better than Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu anyways.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Ya I'd like to see us get a little healthier for that game against the Leafs.

But who knows. I honestly expected us to go like 1-4 at best on this road trip and we have a decent shot at the inverse of that tonight and already secured an above .500 road trip against some solid teams along the way and without our starting or backup goalie for the first half of the trip.

This team continues to prove my negative expectations wrong.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'm hoping and praying Mikko is practicing with the team when they're back in Denver. It will have been four and half weeks by then.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
I'm hoping and praying Mikko is practicing with the team when they're back in Denver. It will have been four and half weeks by then.
I wonder if anyones spotted him at family sports center. Hopefully he's been increasing his workload with Allard.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003

Yeah, Bednar was off on his initial comments about the length of his expected absence a couple of days after his injury. It was a departure for him to comment at all.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Leafs are definitely going to get the new coach bump. This weekend is going to be tough.
Ehh, sometimes it takes a few games to really get adjusted. Either way, I'd much rather face them the second game not the 1st. At least we get no Marner and Barrie attempting to contain Mack for a few shifts.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I wonder if anyones spotted him at family sports center. Hopefully he's been increasing his workload with Allard.

There was video of him skating before practice a week or two ago. But the Avs have been on the road for a while so we only get the occasional TMV reports from Family Sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->