Pre-Game Talk: Week of Crazy Pills (CAR: WED & CBJ: SAT)

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
Shoukd we expect that Rantanen tears it up in the ahl and forces Roy to beg him back in the nhl line up? At some point of this season, there's gonna be some injuries and Roy has to call up a player/players weaker than Rants or just burn that first year of his ELC.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
No way we lose with this beauty in the lineup

2reo7sz.jpg

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Shoukd we expect that Rantanen tears it up in the ahl and forces Roy to beg him back in the nhl line up? At some point of this season, there's gonna be some injuries and Roy has to call up a player/players weaker than Rants or just burn that first year of his ELC.

I would expect him back. Can't imagine they won't need to use him at some point in the future. I don't think the contract is that big of a deal anyway.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
With Comeau likely going back with Duchene, I'd like to see Girgo play on the left with Soda and Everberg.

This will allow Mitchell to go back with Skille and McLeod where they were arguably our best line when together. The play of them and the 3rd line can dictate which line gets more minutes.

FALAPARK17

Colorado Avalanche
Jul 10, 2015
Winnipeg
I was sure the avs were gonna give CBJ their first win of the season, but after Everbergs' call-up, I feel a bit more confident about the team. :)

freeboy

Feb 27, 2012
Sunny Colorado
With Comeau likely going back with Duchene, I'd like to see Girgo play on the left with Soda and Everberg.

This will allow Mitchell to go back with Skille and McLeod where they were arguably our best line when together. The play of them and the 3rd line can dictate which line gets more minutes.

agree
number 7 baby with the oddest scoring line ever .. well ok not ever!
Go Avs ...

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Wouldn't mind...

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Tanguay
Soderberg - Duchene - Iginla
Everberg - Mitchell - Comeau
McLeod - Grigorenko - Skille

...but I expect Comeau back with Duchene-Iggy and Malkinbergers as the 3rd line.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I knew Gormley had only 33 career games but did y'all know he only has 4 career points? Three of them came against Edmonton and one against us. He's also never played 20 minutes in a game either. I don't bring it up to take anything away from how good he looked the other night but he's basically a rookie himself.

Last edited:

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I knew Gormley had only 33 career games but did y'all know he only has 4 career points? Three of them came against Edmonton and one against us. He's also never played 20 minutes in a game either. I don't bring it up to take anything away from how good he looked the other night but he's basically a rookie himself.

I mean he's the rookie in terms of playing, but I think he's old enough where he won't have the growing pains many other rookies would if he got the chance to play regularly.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
if i did my research correctly, only once has team lost it's first 9 games in regulation; 43-44 NY rangers. they didn't win a game until their 16th game of the season. 7 teams have started 0-8-1. the latest of them being atlanta thrashers 02-03.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
Yup, avs are totally the type of team to end a teams 20 game win streak, and a teams 10 game loosing streak.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I was sure the avs were gonna give CBJ their first win of the season, but after Everbergs' call-up, I feel a bit more confident about the team. :)

If Everberg is the Avs savior then sorry to say, this team is in trouble

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Tanguay, mostly because his contract is up this offseason, otherwise it's a close call.

Now do you see why it's a stupid signing?

I know a lot of people our down on Tangs but he'll bounce back, unlike Iggy he actually fits with the team when he's on. Just please put him with Matty!

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Now do you see why it's a stupid signing?

I know a lot of people our down on Tangs but he'll bounce back, unlike Iggy he actually fits with the team when he's on. Just please put him with Matty!

It's not stupid, they needed and still need someone to score goals and like I said it's not his freaking fault Roy is blind to the fact that he and Duchene don't work well together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad