Pre-Game Talk: Week of Crazy Pills (CAR: WED & CBJ: SAT)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
One of those weeks where Avs have 5 days off throughout the week....so every win will be overemphasized and every loss will come with overreaction.

Oh and of course...
giphy.gif

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
What do we want? Good hockey.
When do we want it? Wednesday would be nice.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
What do we want? Good hockey.
When do we want it? Wednesday would be nice.

60 minutes of decent hockey is all I want.

Last night we played a 30 minutes of half decent hockey and still only lost by 1 against a pretty good team. #positivity?

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Avs had a relatively hard schedule to start. Dallas who is playing well, the Wild who are their worst possible match up, and then two big Californian teams. 5 eastern teams in a row could turn this record around.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
Maybe if we're lucky Tortorella will be behind the bench against CBJ on Saturday. :naughty:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
The GDT for the game against CBJ will be up early and probably won't be updated with roster changes. Some new stuff arrived in my schedule and I have new plans for that night.
I will have no problems making it, but usually I update the OP if changes occur.
Hopefully that's good enough.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
The GDT for the game against CBJ will be up early and probably won't be updated with roster changes. Some new stuff arrived in my schedule and I have new plans for that night.
I will have no problems making it, but usually I update the OP if changes occur.
Hopefully that's good enough.

No problem, I can always add a note at the bottom of the OP if need be.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Not playing till Wed? And the Canes trounced the Wings recently. I bet we come out super slow and CAR jump out to a huge lead with Varly in net prob.

Win a tight game against CLB.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Rick-Sadowski/Time-to-give-Gormley-a-chance/188/71826
But maybe the Avalanche wouldn't have had such a difficult time getting the puck out of their end if Barrie wasn't serving the first game of a three-game suspension for his unpenalized hit against Anaheim's Simon Despres on Friday.

Maybe suiting up Brandon Gormley instead of Brad Stuart might have allowed the Avalanche to do a better job of getting the puck out of the defensive zone and to the forwards.
Maybe Sadowski can actually ask Roy about this tomorrow? It's not like any of us can answer it.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Not playing till Wed? And the Canes trounced the Wings recently. I bet we come out super slow and CAR jump out to a huge lead with Varly in net prob.

Win a tight game against CLB.

canes dominated both games against the wings (even the one they lost though it was b2b for det). i don't think they are going to be easy team to beat. peters has them playing well structured north-south puck possession game, been pretty impressed so far. they did so too at the end of last season when they go guys healthy from their brutal early season injuries.

avs have more talent than them though so that should help a lot.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I'm worried that if Gormley gets a chance, he'll have a poor game. Perhaps even make a mistake that leads to a goal against. Then it's back in the fridge until mid November.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Going to feel like forever between games. Not sure why there have been so few game for some teams this early on.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I noticed that Carolina's possession numbers are pretty great right now, so this will be an interesting matchup.

I saw something from RampageNate on twitter that Sakic is going to be in San Antonio on Saturday for a Meet and Greet. Maybe he can return a slightly used Nate Guenin for a new Chris Bigras.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I'm worried that if Gormley gets a chance, he'll have a poor game. Perhaps even make a mistake that leads to a goal against. Then it's back in the fridge until mid November.

Your right, I dont know why that is. You do get that feeling with Gorms. Its the same with Elliot. One bad error and back to the nacho line. Id even bet he would make a trade for someone before he lets Gorms see NHL ice regularly.

IceRat

#BallsOutTheDoor
Mar 4, 2011
Going to feel like forever between games. Not sure why there have been so few game for some teams this early on.

it's because Center Ice offers the free preview for the first month
seems like the Lanche always have a light schedule early season in an effort to keep me from watching the games for free

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
These should both be wins hopefully.

Hoping Gormley gets in a game finally. Stuart back to the bench seems pretty obvious to me.

I think Iggy needs to be moved too. Obviously Duchene has his own issues but he's literally killing every zone entry and possession when he gets the puck before it gets in the offensive zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad