Pre-Game Talk: Week of central and McJesus (Nsh, @Wpg, @Edm)

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Help us ObiUncleRisto. You're our only hope.
tumblr_nnv2c6750W1tuiscwo1_500.gif

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Varly will play out of his mind. I think we beat Nashville. Also think McDavid will score more goals than our entire team :laugh:

Josty in full practice, JTC and Ghetto in non-contact sweaters prior to practice.

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

Really sucks to hear that about Compher. Hopefully he gets well soon.

That Nemeth-EJ pairing was a disaster last game.

I still dont know why we switched the pairings from the first group of games. I know Sammy G wasn’t playing as well lately and Barrie and maybe Z seem to be revitalized but I’d stay away from that Nemeth-EJ pairing at all costs. Turrible.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Bednar also hyped up Calvert today and his play which threw me off.

I still think they should go back to what the original plan was: Girard/EJ, Z/Barrie, Cole/Nemeth. Cole will get more time than third pairing minutes and that’s fine but put the other two together.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My post here....

Calvert signs with Colorado l 3 years 2.8M AAV

Calvert himself isn't the problem... just like Holden himself wasn't the problem. There are players that coaches fall in love with and overplay consistently. You just wish that GMs would recognize this and avoid signing those players to keep coaches from self inflicting wounds.

Reactions: Vaslof

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Roussel had a down year with his 17 points... prior to that he was always in the mid to upper 20s. I'd expect him to rebound to that level. That said he is 750k-1m overpaid. A scary part with Calvert is that his production includes a lot of 2nd line usage. His style of play is endearing to coaches and they tend to over play him. I don't think he ever produces outside that bottom 6 level, but he might get higher usage than that with regularity.

Damn you.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Bednar also hyped up Calvert today and his play which threw me off.

I still think they should go back to what the original plan was: Girard/EJ, Z/Barrie, Cole/Nemeth. Cole will get more time than third pairing minutes and that’s fine but put the other two together.

Would prefer EJ getting as few minutes as possible. Cole Girard would do better against McDavid.

Reactions: McMetal

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Agreed wholeheartedly that Calvert himself isn't the problem. He looked really good when he started in a 4th line role. Any time he's been elevated in the lineup it's been bad. And him being on the power play is just heretofore ridiculous.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
When you dont really have a scoring line outside of your 1st line, you overplay players like Calvert. The Avs desperately need a 2nd line player who can carry that line with Kerfoot or Jost or whoever.

You can see how Bednar is really trying hard to find that 2nd line. He has tried pretty much everyone there not named Landeskog, MacKinnon or Rantanen

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
There's little doubt in my mind that Sakic is actively looking to upgrade the top 6. Probably not aggressively, but keeping a line out there.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I just don't get where Kamenev was making really solid progress, even in the Calgary loss where he was one of the few players who seemed to give a shit, to being bumped back down to the nonexistent 4th line and absolutely zero power play time. I mean, how hard would it be to put Kam on PP2 and move someone like Kerf or Soda to PP1!? Bednar is really frustrating the shit outta me this season...

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
There's little doubt in my mind that Sakic is actively looking to upgrade the top 6. Probably not aggressively, but keeping a line out there.

There has got to be a hockey trade out there that makes sense. I’m trying to be patient, but I really think a move needs to be made. I would probably even do CO’s first and Timmons for a LEGIT 2nd liner. Might be an overpayment, idk. Don’t roast me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad