Pre-Game Talk: Week of central and McJesus (Nsh, @Wpg, @Edm)

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Barrie has been really struggling with his play on the number one unit in my opinion over the first part of the season. It may be the Girard is on the first unit due to his ability to gain the offensive zone with puck control (either by skating it in or by stretch pass), which the Avs have struggled with unless MacKinnon has the puck.

I think the first unit struggles on the PP relate to some structural issues (teams are attacking MacKinnon and Rantanen along the half-wall) and I am not seeing adjustments to account for that thus far.
Avs best case scenario is Barrie running on all cylinders on PP1. Give him the chance to figure it out and do that because Girard hasn’t shown enough.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I think Girard is a better pp player than Barrie in general. But I think Barrie being a right handed shot while not being trigger shy makes him a better fit for PP1.

Looking forward to Makar being that guy in the future.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Am i the only one not looking forward to tonights game? I can already see McDavid skating circles around our D :help:

Btw, if Varly starts it's already a "L". Can't remember the last time he had a good game in Edm.

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
AlrightAlrightAlrightAlright!!!!

I have very good news today for all you Avs fans! We will win tonight and Edmonton will loose. You heard right we will win.
My personal gurantee:5:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Big game coming for the top line. Mack will want to go toe to toe with McDavid and come out flying.
If their head to head matchups are anything to go by, McDavid is going to absolutely dominate MacK tonight.
Can't wait to see this one live! Hoping Varly plays but I doubt it
Pray to god Varly doesn't start this game. Varly + Western Canada = automatic loss.

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL
If their head to head matchups are anything to go by, McDavid is going to absolutely dominate MacK tonight.

Pray to god Varly doesn't start this game. Varly + Western Canada = automatic loss.
Actually Varly dominated this game and against a western Canada team no less. Very glad you were wrong cause we needed this win bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad