Pre-Game Talk: Week of Anticipation (WPG, @ARZ)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Gelinas was awesome in the preseason, but that was a brutal first game for him. That play where he over-skated with the puck just to get picked off at the blueline leading to two minute zonal time for the Panthers is unacceptable for any NHL player IMO.

I think this will be a really good test to see where the Avs have come since last season. 5 days off so Avs probably won't have their skating legs at the start, but two winnable games. Last season, Avs under Roy beat all the best clubs, but lost to the likes of Coyotes and Jets. Lets see their mentality fortitude when playing against weaker opponents than they have.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Gelinas was awesome in the preseason, but that was a brutal first game for him. That play where he over-skated with the puck just to get picked off at the blueline leading to two minute zonal time for the Panthers is unacceptable for any NHL player IMO.

I think this will be a really good test to see where the Avs have come since last season. 5 days off so Avs probably won't have their skating legs at the start, but two winnable games. Last season, Avs under Roy beat all the best clubs, but lost to the likes of Coyotes and Jets. Lets see their mentality fortitude when playing against weaker opponents than they have.

It will be good to see what they do against weaker teams, but I'm also interested in seeing how they do against teams they seem to have a mental block when playing, mainly Minny

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It will be good to see what they do against weaker teams, but I'm also interested in seeing how they do against teams they seem to have a mental block when playing, mainly Minny

I think every team in the league always have that one team which match up against them perfectly. Us going 11 and 0 on the Stars is a perfect example of just the Avs being their nemesis and getting timely saves, bounces, and goals, but more importantly matching their playing style. I think Wild, as we do to the Stars, get wins from a range of different factors, even if some of them are not deserved. From what I've seen those far, I believe Blues will be a very interesting test against the Avs. Under Roy, this team normally looked liked Justin Beiber against Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat. Other times, we had a dominant display against them. I want to see if we're able to consistently hang around with a very good, deep, and defensive structured club even if Avs do not win every game.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I agree, some teams just have a thing against another. I think ours against the Wild is a bit blown out of proportion too. And I also hate playing St Louis even if it's been better lately. I can't believe nobody has complained about our schedule against them this year but maybe nobody has looked that far ahead. I think every game vs the Jets is a one goal game, I'm not expecting much different tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad