Pre-Game Talk: Week of Anticipation (WPG, @ARZ)

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Another week of nothing and then a b2b. Everyone will be awaiting the arrival of Mikko on Friday, barring unforeseen circumstances. Supposedly there's a practice today with a day off tomorrow which is why I'm putting this up now. Poll was discussed last week, I think we are all curious what the makeup of HF Avs is.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Weird ass schedule. But at least it gives us time to heal up and get some more practices in to iron out the kinks.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Here is what I'd like to see up front.

Landeskog Söderberg Rantanen
Grigorenko MacKinnon Duchene
RBork Colborne Comeau
GBork Mitchell Iginla
Martinsen/McLeod

When Grigorenko/Colborne/Comeau/Iginla get too lazy, time to sit a game. Way too much glide from those guys.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
By from, do you mean where we live now, where we were born, or where we consider home (last is iffy for me, moved to much).

I was going to ask the same thing.

Born in Denver. Moved to rural TN when I was 9 months old. Lived there until 19. Have now settled in Denver again after going to college in a couple other states.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
By from, do you mean where we live now, where we were born, or where we consider home (last is iffy for me, moved to much).

Yeah, I also would need a definition of the question.
Very much different where I'm from (and lived most by life) and where I live now.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'm looking forward to seeing how the forwards look with Rantanen and Mitchell in the line up. I'm hoping Bednar really mixes it up and doesn't keep the centers line and centerless line idea going.

Rantanen - Mack - Duchene
Lando - Yeti - Colborne
Comeau - Grigo - Iggy
Martinsen - Mitchell - Bourque

Reptoid

Jun 29, 2006
Belgium, the country with the best beer and the real inventors of the 'French' fries :D

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Voted Canada - BC as it is where I'm living now but I'm originally from Quebec.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I like Bednar but let's just say that if we see Iggy start in the top 6 on both nights or he doesn't shuffle up one of the two Duchene/Soda or Mac/Landy pairings at some point this week then I'm gonna lose quite a bit of faith in that guy's talent evaluation. Colborne I think has also earned a spot in the top-6 over Grigs who might benefit from going back to centre.

Hopefully he gets lots of time to go through tape this week and make some corrections there.

Gelinas is an idiot when it comes to IQ, basically just needed to be decent low-risk game but shot himself and gave the spot back to Tyutin.

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
Can we try MacK and Grigs? They both played well together and Grigs is one of our best playmakers. Soderberg and Landeskog looked good together they can get the defensive zone starts while Grigs and MacK get the offensive zone starts. No reason to break up Goalborne and Duchene

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Once Rantanen comes back I'd like to see 3 balanced scoring lines as I think we have the offensive depth to try it.

Greg - Mackinnon - XXX
Landeskog - Soderberg - XXX
XXX - Duchene - Rantanen

With the X's being filled in by Colborne, Comeau. and Iginla

Then a healthy Mitchell Centers the 4th line with Martinsen and Bourque.

Galactico

Feb 17, 2016
Canada
Once Rantanen comes back I'd like to see 3 balanced scoring lines as I think we have the offensive depth to try it.

Greg - Mackinnon - XXX
Landeskog - Soderberg - XXX
XXX - Duchene - Rantanen

With the X's being filled in by Colborne, Comeau. and Iginla

Then a healthy Mitchell Centers the 4th line with Martinsen and Bourque.
Duchene on the 3rd line ? Really ?

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
I've always wondered if we are the most diverse fan base on HF. Seems like we should be. I was born in Atlanta, grew up in Colorado and now live back in the dirty South. I put Colorado because that is really where I grew up. Plus it's cooler :laugh:

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I'm fine with any bottom six combination as long as Rene Bourque and Iginla aren't on the same line. They're both slow as molasses.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Was poking around some of the fancy stats, with the caveat that it's early and I'm no expect by any means. Seems Mack and Landy are holding up the fort on that end to the point where Iggy's numbers even look good. Grigo scores high with them too, maybe I'd like them to try that line. As expected Wiercoich's numbers are decent too, he's assisted on a couple Duchene goals but has good numbers with Landy and Mack.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad