Pre-Game Talk: Week of Anticipation (WPG, @ARZ)

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
It was Wilson asking Iginla for a fight and then refusing to drop the gloves. Tom Wilson is a punk. Iginla was furious afterwards.

I see. He'll get a pass for that then. Either way, I don't think that's the only time Iggy's fights have been stupid.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Just watched the Jets highlights, man does that team have some players that can shoot the puck. Laine ripped a couple off the post and in, Schiefele and Connor can snipe too. Plus Buff has a bomb. Wish the Avs had a few more shooters like that.

I have a good feeling about tomorrow though. A whole week of more practice with the new system and the injection of Rantanen and Mitchell. The boys are probably itching to get back out there and the Jets should be tired.

raistlin76

Sep 18, 2004
Cracow
www.nhl.com.pl
Not crazy about this comment from Bednar on Iggy.

“I like the way he’s played,†Bednar said. “As long as we’re winning hockey games, that’s all that matters to me. It’ll come from different areas. I like the way Jarome is playing right now. I think he’s doing all the right things, he’s competing hard, he’s probably our emotional leader right now and he’s been playing with an edge. I’ll be patient with him all season long. If guys work hard and do the right things, they’re going to find a fit on our team in certain situations.â€

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/27/semyon-varlamov-vs-winnipeg/

I would like Iginla in 3rd line and on the PP instead of top six, but think it's hard to blame coach that he has faith in him. Iggy has been best and 2nd best goalscorer on this team. If we combine last three seasons (including this 5 games)Iggy is 2nd in goals behind Duchene and 3rd in points behind Dutchy and Gabe. It's quite difficult to put such player into 4th line even into third. Iginla is well-known slow starter so I hope he'll catch some fire sooner than later. Still think he can outproduce 22 goals scored last season and be closer to 30. I bet he'll score at least one against Jets or Yotes.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I would like Iginla in 3rd line and on the PP instead of top six, but think it's hard to blame coach that he has faith in him. Iggy has been best and 2nd best goalscorer on this team. If we combine last three seasons (including this 5 games)Iggy is 2nd in goals behind Duchene and 3rd in points behind Dutchy and Gabe. It's quite difficult to put such player into 4th line even into third. Iginla is well-known slow starter so I hope he'll catch some fire sooner than later. Still think he can outproduce 22 goals scored last season and be closer to 30. I bet he'll score at least one against Jets or Yotes.

You're right that he'll get it going at some point. He's still got a great shot and a knack for putting himself in situations that give him good opportunities to score. The problem is everything else and that lag time it takes him to get going. When he's not scoring goals, he's a liability.

It's early. He hasn't really gotten it going yet. Right now, he's liability Iggy. If his name wasn't Iginla, he'd have his ice time reduced. It'd be nice to see what some of the other guys that could actually keep up with the play could do. Plus, there are much worse fates than being put on an underrated playmaker like Soderberg's wing.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The good news is their giving him the keys right off the bat...the bad news is they're giving him the wrong car.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
They gave him the perfect car. IMO that is the best chance for the Avs to have a legit top line and still have a good 1-3C setup.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Why does every hate Gelinas? He looked good at getting the puck last season and he has a serious rocket for T-Boobs to tee up.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Makes decisions slower than Holden with the puck and seems scared of physical play for a man his size

But that was under Roy's system where dmen where asked to hold onto the puck longer and make harder passes. In a simpler system built on shorter passes that should negate his biggest issues...especially with t-boobs next to him.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
But that was under Roy's system where dmen where asked to hold onto the puck longer and make harder passes. In a simpler system built on shorter passes that should negate his biggest issues...especially with t-boobs next to him.

In the games he's played, he's still made slow decisions with the puck

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Why does every hate Gelinas? He looked good at getting the puck last season and he has a serious rocket for T-Boobs to tee up.

Because he was disastrous against the Panthers and isn't really worth persisting with in the hope he improves compared to other players in the Avalanche farm system.

Also please stop calling Barrie T-Boobs.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
It's too early to judge Gelinas in the new system. While I'm leery of putting him on the second pairing, I'm not ready to write him off just yet. Give it at least one game before we pile on.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Ah yes the old 1 game sample size. Doing things Peoria style around here I see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad