NFL GDT: Week 9

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Mullens with another elite 4th quarter once the game was well out if hand.

He better figure it out when it matters sooner than later.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Healthy Niners with a QB would be scary
Any change at QB for SF next season would depend on where a couple of teams finish.
Atlanta only moves off Ryan if they are in position to draft a top QB. He's way too much of a dead cap hit next season if they trade him.
Minnesota, I don't see them finishing bad enough for a top QB. So, they likely have to finish next season with Cousins.

SF can move for one of the younger QBs like Darnold/Jones who might get pushed out if their team takes Lawrence/Fields. I would pass on Haskins. He's more a developmental QB at this point.

Prescott, you can get a deal for him as he's coming off a bad injury. Newton, I would avoid.

As much as Jimmy G hasn't lived up to the hype/hope that SF had when they acquired him, their options may be limited in the off-season.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Prescott, you can get a deal for him as he's coming off a bad injury.
Dak is going to get paid. If anything, his injury has driven the price up. When he was playing, the Cowboys offense was putting up record numbers with tons of yards and points. With him out, the Cowboys are still putting up record numbers... just in the other direction... record offensive lows. The very dumb football pundit talk about the team not missing a beat without Dak was very wrong. It’s now clearer than ever hoe much Dak drives that offense.

Add that to the fact there are a number of QBs struggling this season on teams eager for an upgrade, and there’s no way Dak’s payday decreases.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

DoyleG

Reality sucks, Princesses!
Dec 29, 2008
YEG-->YYJ-->YWG-->YYB
The only way that the Jets are doing to give up that pic is if teams either.

a) Do a Williams/George-style trade before the draft.
b) Someone can turn Darnold into a reclamation project.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dak is going to get paid. If anything, his injury has driven the price up. When he was playing, the Cowboys offense was putting up record numbers with tons of yards and points. With him out, the Cowboys are still putting up record numbers... just in the other direction... record offensive lows. The very dumb football pundit talk about the team not missing a beat without Dak was very wrong. It’s now clearer than ever hoe much Dak drives that offense.

Add that to the fact there are a number of QBs struggling this season on teams eager for an upgrade, and there’s no way Dak’s payday decreases.
I don’t know he gets a long term contract at $35 mill per with $80 mill guaranteed.

Dallas was putting up points but they always fell behind early. If you break down his passing stats by quarter and how much they are behind each quarter it’s not as impressive.

Reactions: Didalee Hed

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I don’t know he gets a long term contract at $35 mill per with $80 mill guaranteed.

Dallas was putting up points but they always fell behind early. If you break down his passing stats by quarter and how much they are behind each quarter it’s not as impressive.
Dak is going to get a lot more guaranteed than $80 million. Just look at the other big QB contracts being signed.

They fell behind early because the defense gets scored on pretty much every possession.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Dak is going to get a lot more guaranteed than $80 million. Just look at the other big QB contracts being signed.

They fell behind early because the defense gets scored on pretty much every possession.
I think if Dallas is in position to draft one of the top QB they do so and move on from Dak. I just don’t think another team is going to drop the equivalent of 3 years average salary in guaranteed money for him coming off that bad an injury.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
People in Milwaukee are still talking about the non-call on interference by the 49ers safety on Robert Tonyan. The safety crashed into Tonyan before the ball got there. He had his arm around Tonyan's waist. A flag was thrown then picked up without any explanation.

Aaron Rodgers is claiming that NFL headquarters over ruled the on field officials. (2020 must be the year for conspiracy theories) Maybe the plan was to keep the game close at that point. That was before the Packers played their practice squad players in the secondary during the last ten minutes of the game. The Packers didn't let their second string QB even attempt to throw a pass in the last 5 minutes. I guess everybody wanted the score to be closer.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I think if Dallas is in position to draft one of the top QB they do so and move on from Dak. I just don’t think another team is going to drop the equivalent of 3 years average salary in guaranteed money for him coming off that bad an injury.
The Cowboys put tons of cap money in skill positions to win now. Going with a rookie QB pretty much blows up their whole roster construction (as flawed as it is). Jerry wants to win now. Jerry isn't interested in a rebuild.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The Cowboys put tons of cap money in skill positions to win now. Going with a rookie QB pretty much blows up their whole roster construction (as flawed as it is). Jerry wants to win now. Jerry isn't interested in a rebuild.
I get that, but the Cowboy's cap situation is around $30 million for next season, and that is based on maintaining the current cap number, which who knows for next season.

Dak on a long term deal will eat up pretty much all of that. And they are still need OL and Defensive help. They would eat a monster of a dead cap charge to move Cooper and/or Zeke. Costs more to get rid of them than have them on the roster.

So, don't see them really contending either way between Dak or drafting a QB.

Sep 19, 2008
I like how a game between a 2 win team and a 1 win team in Week 9 has tickets for 195 AT LEAST. Who do they think they are charging highway robbery for that shit?

Smh.

Would have gone if I didn't have to take out a mortgage just to attend that game.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Yesterday

Today

Nick Foles should probably avoid going into work today

Bears OL injuries
Starting C Cody Whitehair (Calf injury + Covid)
Starting LG James Daniels (Out for year)
Starting RT Bobby Massie (On with knee injury)
Primary backup T Jason Spriggs (Covid)
Backup rookie T Lachavious Simmons (Covid)
Backup C Sam Mustipher (Shoulder injury)

Bears starting OL today
LT Charles Leno
LG Arlington Hambright (Rookie)
C Alex Bars (Backup LG moving to C)
RG Germain Ifedi
RT Rashaad Coward

Backups today
G Dieter Eiselen (Rookie)
T Badara Traore (Rookie)
C/G Aaron Neary (1 Career NFL game back in 2017)

Yikes at the OL in front of him

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Big game today against a good Bills teams. Let’s go!!

SEA-HAWKS

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
Yesterday

Today

Nick Foles should probably avoid going into work today

Bears OL injuries
Starting C Cody Whitehair (Calf injury + Covid)
Starting LG James Daniels (Out for year)
Starting RT Bobby Massie (On with knee injury)
Primary backup T Jason Spriggs (Covid)
Backup rookie T Lachavious Simmons (Covid)
Backup C Sam Mustipher (Shoulder injury)

Bears starting OL today
LT Charles Leno
LG Arlington Hambright (Rookie)
C Alex Bars (Backup LG moving to C)
RG Germain Ifedi
RT Rashaad Coward

Backups today
G Dieter Eiselen (Rookie)
T Badara Traore (Rookie)
C/G Aaron Neary (1 Career NFL game back in 2017)

Yikes at the OL in front of him

I think i'm going to bench Montgomery then. My only replacement for him is Engram though...

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I get that, but the Cowboy's cap situation is around $30 million for next season, and that is based on maintaining the current cap number, which who knows for next season.

Dak on a long term deal will eat up pretty much all of that. And they are still need OL and Defensive help. They would eat a monster of a dead cap charge to move Cooper and/or Zeke. Costs more to get rid of them than have them on the roster.

So, don't see them really contending either way between Dak or drafting a QB.
I agree the Cowboys are a mess full of holes, but Jerry is still Jerry. He does not do rebuilds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad