NCAA GDT: Week 9: SMU has me feeling like it's 1982

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Notre Dame ****ing sucks. But at least we're finding out before the dip****s put them in the playoffs again. Such a ****ty team, join a conference already.

Couldn't agree more, no one in the ACC would miss them since those teams have to rotate playing them in non-conference matchups.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
When you finally beat a top 10 ranked team:

harbaugh.gif

Reactions: Roman Fell

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
All Ian Book wanted to do was throw it to Claypool. Not exactly sure what their gameplan was because you gotta be really bad to get boatraced by Harbaugh.

Reactions: member 51464

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I guess the line was supposed to be telling me something when it came to UCLA/Arizona St. UCLA is 3-2 in the Pac-12

member 157595

will someone please knock UF out of possible playoff position because I think I'll have a heart attack if they somehow back their way in

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I know that voters seem to always go with punishing the recent loss but are there people out there that actually think that Florida or Penn State could come close to beating Oklahoma?

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
I know that voters seem to always go with punishing the recent loss but are there people out there that actually think that Florida or Penn State could come close to beating Oklahoma?
Yeah let's just throw out wins/losses and let the baxterman eye test determine who's best.

Reactions: Roman Fell

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Yeah let's just throw out wins/losses and let the baxterman eye test determine who's best.

They already throw out wins and losses.

Minnesota is an undefeated Big Ten team and is behind multiple 1 loss teams so obviously wins and losses are not the only thing that rankings are based on.

Plus I didn't say they had to be my rankings, I specifically asked if those voters actually would take Florida or Penn St, or Oregon for that matter, over Oklahoma if they played this weekend on a neutral field. I doubt many would take them if they played Oklahoma at home.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Is there a more predictable event in all of sports than Florida being erroneously ranked in the top 10 at Halloween? Happens every. single. year. Watch these frauds go 11-1 and then lose 56-0 to Oklahoma on New Year's Day.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They already throw out wins and losses.

Minnesota is an undefeated Big Ten team and is behind multiple 1 loss teams so obviously wins and losses are not the only thing that rankings are based on.

Plus I didn't say they had to be my rankings, I specifically asked if those voters actually would take Florida or Penn St, or Oregon for that matter, over Oklahoma if they played this weekend on a neutral field. I doubt many would take them if they played Oklahoma at home.

What's Minnesota's best win, South Dakota St? Their only win over an FBS team with a record better than .500 is over Georgia Southern. Oklahoma's best win is over a now 3 loss Texas which is also their only win against a team with a winning record. Their loss is average at best too. Florida hasn't beat too many good teams either but their win over Auburn is better than Oklahoma and they have a loss to the #1 team only. If they played today on a neutral field I can't say how it wouldn't be a pick em between Florida, Oklahoma, Penn State or Oregon. I don't see how Oklahoma is head and shoulders above the other 3.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
What's Minnesota's best win, South Dakota St? Their only win over an FBS team with a record better than .500 is over Georgia Southern. Oklahoma's best win is over a now 3 loss Texas which is also their only win against a team with a winning record. Their loss is average at best too. Florida hasn't beat too many good teams either but their win over Auburn is better than Oklahoma and they have a loss to the #1 team only. If they played today on a neutral field I can't say how it wouldn't be a pick em between Florida, Oklahoma, Penn State or Oregon. I don't see how Oklahoma is head and shoulders above the other 3.

I don't think Minnesota should be ranked higher, if anything they probably should be ranked lower just using them to point out that record is not the only thing that matters when people rank teams and that the eye test is already used.

Oklahoma doesn't have any impressive wins because they haven't played anyone this year but that doesn't mean they aren't good. I would say the reason to think they would beat those teams is that they have better players and much, much better coaching than any of the teams mentioned.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I don't think Minnesota should be ranked higher, if anything they probably should be ranked lower just using them to point out that record is not the only thing that matters when people rank teams and that the eye test is already used.

Oklahoma doesn't have any impressive wins because they haven't played anyone this year but that doesn't mean they aren't good. I would say the reason to think they would beat those teams is that they have better players and much, much better coaching than any of the teams mentioned.

How can you say they have much better players? If you go by 4/5 stars the gap between the 4 probably isn't much. This isn't Oklahoma compared to Minnesota, SMU or Appalachian State. Lincoln Riley was just schooled by a coach who's in his first season in FBS, I don't think he's the god that people are making him out to be. Cristobal is the weakest of the 4 but the gap between the other 3 is marginal. When I watch Oklahoma to me it's Lamb making amazing plays and Hurts scrambling. Against those other 3 teams they'll have the athletes to keep Hurts in check and can match Lamb better than the competition so far. To me all 4 teams are good and very comparable. It would be nice to see a Penn State vs Oregon Rose bowl and Florida vs Oklahoma Sugar to have them all go toe to toe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad