NCAA GDT: Week 9: SMU has me feeling like it's 1982

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
College football is pretty awesome. Seeing Kansas St upset mighty OU, Tulane/Navy come down to a last second FG, Indiana beat Nebraska in Lincoln, OK State outlast Iowa State, TCU upset Texas, Eastern Michigan miss a short FG and then lose in OT to Toledo, and finally Duke lose the rivalry game vs UNC in comical fashion on basically the last play of the game..all in one afternoon. Nothing comes close.

I was rooting for Duke in that last one :(

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alabama up huge, no surprise there. Looks like 2 weeks from tonight, Alabama vs. LSU in another Game of the Century

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
A ranked Arizona State is getting blown out by UCLA, who will now have a winning record in the Pac 12. If that doesn't show how horrendous that conference is I don't know what will.

member 51464

Kansas plays in what was probably the most entertaining game of the weekend for the second week in the row.

Down 17-0 to Texas Tech, the Jayhawks claw back to 17-14 at the half. A crazy back and forth with about a half dozen 38+ yard plays and Kansas is kicking to win the game with it tied at 34-34 and :06 on the clock. Tech blocks it! Are they going to return it for a TD? The return man thinks there is 0 time on the clock and laterals to NOBODY. Kansas recovers the ball for an even closer kick on the opposite hash with :02 left. The kick is good! Kansas wins 37-34, first Big 12 win of the Les Miles era. First win against Tech since 2001, and first win against Tech at home in program history.

What a time to be alive. Rock Chalk mother f***ers.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Kansas plays in what was probably the most entertaining game of the weekend for the second week in the row.

Down 17-0 to Texas Tech, the Jayhawks claw back to 17-14 at the half. A crazy back and forth with about a half dozen 38+ yard plays and Kansas is kicking to win the game with it tied at 34-34 and :06 on the clock. Tech blocks it! Are they going to return it for a TD? The return man thinks there is 0 time on the clock and laterals to NOBODY. Kansas recovers the ball for an even closer kick on the opposite hash with :02 left. The kick is good! Kansas wins 37-34, first Big 12 win of the Les Miles era. First win against Tech since 2001, and first win against Tech at home in program history.

What a time to be alive. Rock Chalk mother ****ers.

Wow......

member 51464

I guess showing it is better, but I hope you appreciated my enthusiasm to type it all out before the tweet made it here, haha. I thought I did alright capturing the magic of the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad