NCAA GDT: Week 9: SMU has me feeling like it's 1982

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Relevant games:

Thursday:
#16 SMU @ Houston (7:30pm, ESPN)

Saturday:

#13 Wisconsin @ #3 Ohio State (12pm, FOX)
#5 Oklahoma @ Kansas St (12pm, ABC)
#20 Iowa @ Northwestern (12pm, ESPN2)
#21 App State @ South Alabama (12pm, ESPNU)

#9 Auburn @ #2 LSU (3:30pm, CBS)
#6 Penn St @ Michigan St (3:30pm, ABC)
#15 Texas @ TCU (3:30pm, FOX)
Maryland @ #17 Minnesota (3:30pm, ESPN)
Oklahoma St @ #23 Iowa St (3:30pm, FS1)

Arkansas @ #1 Alabama (7pm, ESPN)
Boston College @ #4 Clemson (7:30pm, ACCN)
#8 Notre Dame @ #19 Michigan (7:30pm, ABC)
#24 Arizona St @ UCLA (7:30pm, PACN)
Cal @ #12 Utah (10pm, FS1)
Wazzu @ #11 Oregon (10:30pm, ESPN)

Sep 19, 2008
Just wanted to carry over the discussion I had with my good friend Rossi rat about KJ hamler. Wisconsin sucks because they don't have a threat like him. Credit to them for grooming running backs but nobody with the explosiveness of hamler is on Wisconsin. Meanwhile Penn State and Ohio State have tons of those athletes...

Reactions: PanthersPens62

member 157595

Wouldn't be surprised if Auburn beats LSU. Would be really surprised if Wisconsin or Michigan win their respective games.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
That’s an amazing write up on Cliff and KJ.

Funny how some haters out there were acting like losing Barkley, Trace and some other talents on offense would mean PSU would take a step back.

The current iteration of Penn St will very rarely lose more than the 3 regular season games they lost last year. Hell, even under sanctions they never won less than 7 games.

Here’s a big reason why:

Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting. People criticize HCJF’s shortcomings, but when you recruit this well and hire the right assistants (though I know Rahne is getting a bit of fire from some)... you’ll have this level of success.

Granted recruiting isn’t everything - Nebraska, FSU and Miami suck. But I believe every team on that list with more 4/5 stars will win tomorrow and overall be more successful than the lesser programs on average.

That clown Dantonio has won a few flukey games against PSU the past few years, but those are all bandaids on the bullet hole that is, after their few great seasons, they’re back to reality, and PSU has passed them by. No way he wins tomorrow.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
PSU is a big time recruiting machine. Barkley leaves and guys like hamler take his place

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Just wanted to carry over the discussion I had with my good friend Rossi rat about KJ hamler. Wisconsin sucks because they don't have a threat like him. Credit to them for grooming running backs but nobody with the explosiveness of hamler is on Wisconsin. Meanwhile Penn State and Ohio State have tons of those athletes...

Wisconsin sucks? Since when?

They’ll just have to be stuck with plugs like Taylor and continuing to be a much more impressive program than Penn State and all their “explosive” athletes.

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016

They’ll just have to be stuck with plugs like Taylor and continuing to be a much more impressive program than Penn State and all their “explosive” athletes.
Ha. Okay. Not going to do this song and dance again - just enjoy Ohio St destroying Wisconsin today. Not my problem, Penn St will roll today and provide Ohio St by far their biggest test in a few weeks.

Oh, by the way, maybe we’ll see this again!

Sep 19, 2008

Name someone on Wisconsin with the impact or speed of hamler

As a former hf poster used to say hamler has "video game speed" :laugh:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Name someone on Wisconsin with the impact or speed of hamler

As a former hf poster used to say hamler has "video game speed" :laugh:

PSU can have all the speed they want it doesn't change the fact they need luck and the refs to beat mediocre Big Ten teams and Pitt.

The fact that Wisconsin doesn't have those speed burners and are still a much more impressive program that speed alone isn't enough.

Sep 19, 2008
Why does Corso tease who he's going to put the mascot head on? He is literally saying Go Jacks. Geez. I wonder who he is going to pick in 3 hours. :rolleyes:

Sep 19, 2008
Take a look at the results of each program that's all the evidence you need to see the paper tiger than PSu is using luck and reffing to beat the patsies on their weak ass schedule and then getting easily beat when they face the good teams.
wisconsin does the same thing.

member 157595

You can't reason with these Badger fans.

Gameday seems pretty raucous today.

black-kettle.jpg

Reactions: Roman Fell

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
PSU can have all the speed they want it doesn't change the fact they need luck and the refs to beat mediocre Big Ten teams and Pitt.

The fact that Wisconsin doesn't have those speed burners and are still a much more impressive program that speed alone isn't enough.
Lmao, are you a Pitter?! Remember when Pat Nardouchey shuttered the media before the game the last few years, and ended up with egg on his face losing FIFTY-ONE TO SIX last year? Absolute clown show of a little brother program and they will get crushed by Miami today in front of thousands of yellow seats.

Even if they would’ve tied it this year, no way they would’ve won in OT.

Crying about the refs and luck. Wow. 7-0.

Reactions: PanthersPens62

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Lmao, are you a Pitter?! Remember when Pat Nardouchey shuttered the media before the game the last few years, and ended up with egg on his face losing FIFTY-ONE TO SIX last year? Absolute clown show of a little brother program and they will get crushed by Miami today in front of thousands of yellow seats.

Even if they would’ve tied it this year, no way they would’ve won in OT.

Crying about the refs and luck. Wow. 7-0.

Nope not a Pitt fan. I haven't even been that close to Pittsburgh at any point. I do remember this year when Pitt was the better team and would have easily won that game if Narduzzi had a competent OC, although Penn State probably would be much better if they had a competent coach as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad