NCAA GDT: Week 9: SMU has me feeling like it's 1982

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
How can you say they have much better players? If you go by 4/5 stars the gap between the 4 probably isn't much. This isn't Oklahoma compared to Minnesota, SMU or Appalachian State. Lincoln Riley was just schooled by a coach who's in his first season in FBS, I don't think he's the god that people are making him out to be. Cristobal is the weakest of the 4 but the gap between the other 3 is marginal. When I watch Oklahoma to me it's Lamb making amazing plays and Hurts scrambling. Against those other 3 teams they'll have the athletes to keep Hurts in check and can match Lamb better than the competition so far. To me all 4 teams are good and very comparable. It would be nice to see a Penn State vs Oregon Rose bowl and Florida vs Oklahoma Sugar to have them all go toe to toe.

I can say they have a better team because a large number of the players have played more than just in this season.

I think Riley is lightyears ahead of Cristobal, Mullen (I know the media loves him) and especially Franklin.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Can't believe Illinois actually got back to the point where a bowl game is possible. Of course, now that they've gotten there, I fully expect them to blow it against Rutgers. :laugh: But, it's still nice to see in the meantime.

Credit to the team and the coaching staff there for sticking with the plan and not quitting. They could have easily done that after losing to Eastern Michigan at home but instead of feeling sorry for themselves they are quickly becoming a dangerous team to play.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
MI had the 5th largest win vs a Top 10 team in the AP poll era. Congrats to their #1 fan Spin. j/k ;)

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I know that voters seem to always go with punishing the recent loss but are there people out there that actually think that Florida or Penn State could come close to beating Oklahoma?

Georgia would not even beat Oklahoma this year. I was shocked to see Utah ranked ahead of them. That is truly nuts. OU will likely win out though but will end up 5 or 6. I see no way they get to 4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad