NCAA GDT: Week 8: Sparty Party and College Gameday goes to Pullman

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
I can easily see the Michigan vs Michigan State game go either way. Rivalry game, momentum, Harbaugh's slow starts on the road, etc. We'll see what happens, but either result wouldn't shock me.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I worry about the Buckeyes and Clemson this week. One of them is going to be in a 1 score game late.....
Would be surprised if both games aren't blowouts myself. Purdue definitely isn't good and I don't think NC State poses much of a problem to Clemson in Death Valley. Might be close early but I think by the end of the game both teams will pull away comfortably.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
In case people missed it last night, Stanford is back.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
They are coming! To your city!

HUGE congrats to Wazzu on getting the College Gameday Crew in! A tremendous honor I try to never take for granted when they land in Happy Valley.

There’s something seriously wrong if the Lions don’t get back on track today against a very mediocre Indiana team. We are.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
And now the Bear pulling out the big guns for his picks this week. Temple -3 to Cincy. I'm taking it! Coming up he's for OSU/Purdue and NC State/Clemson!

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Alright to be honest I was being a TAD sarcastic in my last post. I mean Gameday is great, nice exposure for your school, love when they’re at Happy Valley, but man, they’re really playing up the Gameday show and the fact they’ve never been to Pullman a bit too much. It’s like this show is bigger than all these schools.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Gameday has become really bad lately, I don't know anybody who watches it anymore, I only see clips posted on other sites mocking how bad they are. They can't even talk about UCF seriously they have to make a joke of it so they can try to discredit them.

Pollack says the schedule is weak, they're G5 of course it's weak when you only consider P5 schools good. Desmond says at least schedule mid level P5 schools and beat them. They smoked Maryland last year who was ranked, they smoked Pitt this year, they had a game against GT last year and UNC this year cancelled due to hurricanes, not their fault but they would've been favored. Rece says be like Houston or Boise and schedule Oklahoma or Georgia and beat them, well those teams don't want to schedule us unless we only go to their house, we don't need the money that bad we want a one for one which they won't do. They beat a top 10 Auburn and Baylor in big time bowls when they played them.

They've won 19 in a row but it gets no credit. Last year they beat Maryland, Navy, Memphis, USF and Auburn who were all ranked at some point. This year they'll play Cincinnati and USF who have been ranked. Clemson may only play two or three teams this year that would have been ranked. I just don't get the notion that G5 schools have to jump through hoops and play only top 5 teams for their OOC schedule or they don't get any credit. The P5 bias is out of control these days because a few G5 schools are making them look bad.

Reactions: Taro Tsujimoto

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Corso's Headgear Selection for the 1st time ever at the home of Ol' Crimson, Pullman WA. …….where the man who lost his Pats starting job to GOAT Brady, Drew Bledsoe, honed his skillz! :yo:

Factoid: Lee has never donned the Cougar headgear, if he does so today it will be the 57th different headgear he will have worn.

Sign of the Day: "Justin Herbert throws like Connor MacGregor". :laugh:

Celebrity Picker: The aforementioned Drew Bledsoe, who obviously is going with his alma mater.

Lee: Has been doing Gameday for 32 years & has donned 56 different headgears.....says he travelled a long way to get here & would take something special for him not to pick his Ducks.....but this is indeed something special & thrills the crowd by donning the Cougar head! :biglaugh:

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
Gameday has become really bad lately, I don't know anybody who watches it anymore, I only see clips posted on other sites mocking how bad they are. They can't even talk about UCF seriously they have to make a joke of it so they can try to discredit them.

Pollack says the schedule is weak, they're G5 of course it's weak when you only consider P5 schools good. Desmond says at least schedule mid level P5 schools and beat them. They smoked Maryland last year who was ranked, they smoked Pitt this year, they had a game against GT last year and UNC this year cancelled due to hurricanes, not their fault but they would've been favored. Rece says be like Houston or Boise and schedule Oklahoma or Georgia and beat them, well those teams don't want to schedule us unless we only go to their house, we don't need the money that bad we want a one for one which they won't do. They beat a top 10 Auburn and Baylor in big time bowls when they played them.

They've won 19 in a row but it gets no credit. Last year they beat Maryland, Navy, Memphis, USF and Auburn who were all ranked at some point. This year they'll play Cincinnati and USF who have been ranked. Clemson may only play two or three teams this year that would have been ranked. I just don't get the notion that G5 schools have to jump through hoops and play only top 5 teams for their OOC schedule or they don't get any credit. The P5 bias is out of control these days because a few G5 schools are making them look bad.
Yeah I love Gameday, but that was really bad this morning.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016

I get your point with UCF. I have Pitt fan friends who were saying how the home and home was scheduled with them when they weren’t that good. I knew UCF would kill them, and even though PSU’s 51-6 throttling of them on the road looks more impressive, UCF more thoroughly dominated them right from the opening kick. I’m sure they were more fired up to play a P5 team, even if it’s a very mediocre one.

Not that it would make that much of a difference if Pitt was even decent, think they’re a 4 or 5 win team this year. Beating those schmucks just doesn’t move the needle. They couldn’t even take advantage of a docile Notre Dame team for us last week... not like it would’ve mattered for PSU with their choke against MSU. Sigh.

On another note - how disappointing is Boise St this year. Thought maybe they could be the best G5 team and they got smoked by an iffy OK St team.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Yeah I love Gameday, but that was really bad this morning.
A lot of self-indulgence. These schools’ football programs they go to have been around way before Gameday was a thing, and will be around way after Gameday was a thing.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I get your point with UCF. I have Pitt fan friends who were saying how the home and home was scheduled with them when they weren’t that good. I knew UCF would kill them, and even though PSU’s 51-6 throttling of them on the road looks more impressive, UCF more thoroughly dominated them right from the opening kick. I’m sure they were more fired up to play a P5 team, even if it’s a very mediocre one.

Not that it would make that much of a difference if Pitt was even decent, think they’re a 4 or 5 win team this year. Beating those schmucks just doesn’t move the needle. They couldn’t even take advantage of a docile Notre Dame team for us last week... not like it would’ve mattered for PSU with their choke against MSU. Sigh.

On another note - how disappointing is Boise St this year. Thought maybe they could be the best G5 team and they got smoked by an iffy OK St team.

These games are scheduled years out, we've been up and down in the past so depending on when scheduled they assumed and easy win or tough game. We dominated them that game, they scored on a punt return and late TD run against the 2nd and 3rd string. But Pitt sucks so the win means nothing to the P5 cronies and losing to a top 25 P5 team gets you more credit. I could see that argument if it was to Alabama or Ohio State but when a loss to an average Michigan State is better than a win that makes no sense.

Again UCF would love to do a home and home with Florida or Florida stSta but that's not happening. They only played us when we first moved up to FBS and it was at their place. Miami played us in a home and home a few years ago but not sure they want us again. After Texas came here for the opening of our new stadium and almost lost they said they'd never do that again, we play them on the road in a few years. We have Stanford coming here next year but they might lose Love so don't know how good they'd be. The rest of our P5 games are Georgia Tech, UNC, Pitt and Louisville. Not teams you'd expect to be top 10 and maybe not even top 25. So they won't get a ton of credit for it if they win. All 4 of them pretty much said a G5 shouldn't ever make the playoffs, which goes to show how much bias is in college football.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Being an Illinois fan sucks

Already turning into blowout and we are only half way thru 1st qtr

Football is probably dead for good at Illinois. I don’t know what more they do to try and salvage the program. Most of the elite Chicagoland talent doesn’t seriously consider them anymore.

Say Hey Kid

We retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Football is probably dead for good at Illinois. I don’t know what more they do to try and salvage the program. Most of the elite Chicagoland talent doesn’t seriously consider them anymore.
Agreed. Same with basketball. Harbaugh has never beat OH ST and MI has lost 8 of 10 to Sparty. Harbaugh needs a win today.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
With Michigan St’s garbage offense, I think Harbaugh will be fine today. Unless he has a Franklin-level choke. Can’t take your foot off the pedal against this MSU team.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Corso's Headgear Selection for the 1st time ever at the home of Ol' Crimson, Pullman WA. …….where the man who lost his Pats starting job to GOAT Brady, Drew Bledsoe, honed his skillz! :yo:

Factoid: Lee has never donned the Cougar headgear, if he does so today it will be the 57th different headgear he will have worn.

Sign of the Day: "Justin Herbert throws like Connor MacGregor". :laugh:

Celebrity Picker: The aforementioned Drew Bledsoe, who obviously is going with his alma mater.

Lee: Has been doing Gameday for 32 years & has donned 56 different headgears.....says he travelled a long way to get here & would take something special for him not to pick his Ducks.....but this is indeed something special & thrills the crowd by donning the Cougar head! :biglaugh:

Was it just me or did he say "Oh, give me that Duck-head" when he was gonna don the Cougar-head?...

Corso's of course a legend for Gameday and I understand they want to keep him as long as possible, but it's time for him to be replaced, imo. It's just so obvious he's struggling to even get coherent sentences out there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad