Pre-Game Talk: Week 8: Southwest Swing (TB, @ARI, @ANA, @LA

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Mac' decision making has been quite, interesting. I'll chalk up the last 2 games with him being down with the flu, a virus, or whatever, but doesn't account for the other games.

He's turning the puck over so much more than usual, but I'm talking making a simple pass to someone yet he tries to go cross ice every time. Teams watch film, everyone knows that Mac wants to go to Rants for the cross ice one timer, but that's not an option most of the time. I think it a "he's in his own head a lot" time of thing we see with him often. Once he simplifies his game he is way better.

He needs to get his hockey brain back.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Avs winning without Mack and Mikko being their usual dynamic selves. I’m not gonna complain because that’s actually a good thing because they’re winning games with depth, and we know MacK and Mikko will get going soon and the team will be that much better
Exactly. I'd rather win with our bottom 9, than with the top line scoring every goal. Once that top line gets going, we'll be in great shape

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Could you imagine an HFboards for the players to talk shit about fans performance at work, life decisions, etc.

Wooooo boy.
Could you imagine if Babcock was the players coach? He'd probably take their phones and open up hfboards to a rant about said player before handing it back.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Could you imagine an HFboards for the players to talk shit about fans performance at work, life decisions, etc.

Wooooo boy.
You can say a lot of things about me with regards to my job performance, but at least I can say I have never banged a younger colleague's mom

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Avs winning without Mack and Mikko being their usual dynamic selves. I’m not gonna complain because that’s actually a good thing because they’re winning games with depth, and we know MacK and Mikko will get going soon and the team will be that much better
Good. Play them less.

NHL regular season is cruel. 82 games and for a top team a lot of meaningless games. It's not always easy to motivate.

82 games is way too much. 60 games would make every game way more interesting. I know, never going to happen because of money but 82 games is boring.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Good. Play them less.

NHL regular season is cruel. 82 games and for a top team a lot of meaningless games. It's not always easy to motivate.

82 games is way too much. 60 games would make every game way more interesting. I know, never going to happen because of money but 82 games is boring.
Half the challenge of winning is keeping a healthy team that can withstand the tough schedule. It adds an extra factor to things. I like the 82 game season personally.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
So Makar leaves practice early yesterday and now Malinski is called up? Makar hurt or are they just carrying an extra defenseman on the road?

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Rants just looks so lazy/selfish sometimes. Not pleased at all with him.

Thats the finnish chilling time. Rants just coasts from time to time. It happened last season as well.

As long as we are winning games even with Rants and Mac as passengers, everything is fine. More so, its a good sign regarding our depth.

Reactions: UncleRisto

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
So Makar leaves practice early yesterday and now Malinski is called up? Makar hurt or are they just carrying an extra defenseman on the road?

They have been taking an extra Dman on road trips this season in case someone is injured. And they have rotated who has been called up.

Sam has potential so giving him time to practice with the Avs, maybe even get in a game on the roadie, could be a useful developmental step for him.

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm convinced Quinn Hughes could go to a random concert and Makar would be sitting right in front of him holding up the biggest sign all night long.

That poor kid will never escape those rosey cheeks
It's like Cale is just constantly walking around behind Quinn like....

anything-you-can-de08eb0a09.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad