Post-Game Talk: WEEK 8: Pats Fall to 2-6- Miami 31-New England 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Sadly as bad as they are, they are going to ruin any hope of a top 5 choice (IE a QB) with a 6-2 closeout( chiefs and buff losses) as the 6 wins are all against teams worse then them. 8 wins and we keep Andy Dalton and the best GM in football. This also means said GM will grab a center with the 8th pick and a ILB in the second round.
Right now both the Jets and Broncos are better than the Patriots. Probably more from your list of 6 wins as well.

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
I hope you are right with record. Jets are Jets and still do Jet things. Broncos are a dumpster fire. Trust me I hope they toss a donut in the win column. Blow torch the QB room and all the staff. New OC and new DC. Let Mayo walk and finally tell Bob to let one of his silver spoon kids take over. Let him go work the light at the lighthouse.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Did Gesicki dress yesterday?

Legitimately asking. Didn’t notice him if he did.
I only caught the 4th quarter on TV as I was at a very wet softball tournament with my youngest, but I heard his name called on the radio call on the ride home. It wasn't a good mention though as he apparently ran the wrong route, which Zo called out emphatically.

EDIT: Looked it up since I was curious. Two catches for 11 yards, targeted 3 times all game.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I only caught the 4th quarter on TV as I was at a very wet softball tournament with my youngest, but I heard his name called on the radio call on the ride home. It wasn't a good mention though as he apparently ran the wrong route, which Zo called out emphatically.

EDIT: Looked it up since I was curious. Two catches for 11 yards, targeted 3 times all game.
I believe he had at least one catch, two I think. I am sure he had several half-hearted blocks. He is a dog, tried to warn you.......

Reactions: Mione134 and LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
What's he going to say? I sucked putting this deeply flawed roster together and have coached like shit all season long? Way too vain to ever admit he's the problem.

That's too bad. I like Bourne and feel like he got a real shit deal by signing here.

It's really more of an indictment on his job as a GM, given he assembled the roster, including the QB's that aren't good enough to challenge a clearly limited player like Mac.
like I said their will always be zero accountability for Mac no matter his record. This era has thrown away all the great things the Pats represented for 20 years. One of the most garbage times in pats history I've seen. Haven't looked forward to a Patriots sunday for a while now

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
like I said their will always be zero accountability for Mac no matter his record. This era has thrown away all the great things the Pats represented for 20 years. One of the most garbage times in pats history I've seen. Haven't looked forward to a Patriots sunday for a while now
You clearly are not familiar with the era prior to Parcells. That was by far worse than today. But again, the coach/GM made claims many times over the years about how he could win with anyone back there. He said all he needed was a game manager and he would be good to go. He wanted to prove it to the world it wasn't Brady but all he's done is prove the opposite. He's literally a trash GM and a bad to marginal coach, at best. The game passed him by and he refuses to adapt. He's trying to still win games 17-10 and that ship has f***ing sailed years ago. If your offense can't put up 30 points a game, you have no shot at winning a damn thing these days. Points per game? 14.8. Ranked 31st out of 32 teams. That's f***ing putrid and all you need to know.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You clearly are not familiar with the era prior to Parcells. That was by far worse than today. But again, the coach/GM made claims many times over the years about how he could win with anyone back there. He said all he needed was a game manager and he would be good to go. He wanted to prove it to the world it wasn't Brady but all he's done is prove the opposite. He's literally a trash GM and a bad to marginal coach, at best. The game passed him by and he refuses to adapt. He's trying to still win games 17-10 and that ship has f***ing sailed years ago. If your offense can't put up 30 points a game, you have no shot at winning a damn thing these days. Points per game? 14.8. Ranked 31st out of 32 teams. That's f***ing putrid and all you need to know.

The Brady debate is long over though. The Jets currently have 3 less losses than Mac, time to be held accountable for the worst QB in football

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
The Brady debate is long over though. The Jets currently have 3 less losses than Mac, time to be held accountable for the worst QB in football
He's not good, but your claim is easily refuted that he's the worst. He's a middle of the road type of QB with a limited skill set. Which is what the draft gurus all said before he came into the league. It's also the type of QB that Bill claimed he could easily win with.

Love or Daniel Jones are by far the worst QBs this season productivity wise. Stafford or Watson for what they're being paid are the worst values.

• Haha
Reactions: BigGoalBrad

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He's not good, but your claim is easily refuted that he's the worst. He's a middle of the road type of QB with a limited skill set. Which is what the draft gurus all said before he came into the league. It's also the type of QB that Bill claimed he could easily win with.

Love or Daniel Jones are by far the worst QBs this season productivity wise. Stafford or Watson for what they're being paid are the worst values.

Middle of the road would be around 4-4, the way he in trending Mac's ceiling is a backup. 9-18 in his 28 games is not middle of the road imo. I'll just never be able to subscribe to that being acceptable

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — Patriots wide receiver Kendrick Bourne tore an ACL Sunday and will miss the remainder of the season, a league source confirmed.

The knee injury ends a bounce-back year for the 28-year-old Bourne, who leads the team in receiving yards (402), targets (55), receptions (37), and touchdowns (4). His presence undoubtedly will be missed by quarterback Mac Jones, who earlier this season called Bourne one of his closest friends on the team.

It’s possible that Bourne has played his last game with the Patriots, as he is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent this offseason. He also was considered a candidate to be moved ahead of Tuesday’s trade deadline, but Monday’s news likely eliminates that possibility.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
will levis who has a cannon of a an arm throws 4tds and suddenly Hopkins looks relevant again. funny how that works
He was looking good with Tannehill too.

Hopkins was not washed and he should of been signed here. Instead we gave Parker an extension. Dumb.

I feel bad for Bourne. Awful.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Middle of the road would be around 4-4, the way he in trending Mac's ceiling is a backup. 9-18 in his 28 games is not middle of the road imo. I'll just never be able to subscribe to that being acceptable
See, the issue is that you're conflating the team and the player, which is wildly inaccurate and unfair to do. The overall record is a reflection of the team, not the quarterback, from roster, to coaching, to execution, to game planning, etc. When you stack rank the player against his fellow peers at his position, the numbers aren't great, but he's again not the worst in the league like you want to make him out to be.

But we both know this isn't really about Mac Jones for you in as much as it's really about you wanting the backup to play and feeling he got shafted. So I take it with a grain of salt because of the predisposition you're coming at it with.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If they're smart, they'd offer Bourne an extension heavy in incentives right now.

He's a good player, and it's no surprise their offense moves the ball when him and Douglas are targeted.
In light if them giving Parker one, they better give Bourne one.

He deserves it.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
See, the issue is that you're conflating the team and the player, which is wildly inaccurate and unfair to do. The overall record is a reflection of the team, not the quarterback, from roster, to coaching, to execution, to game planning, etc. When you stack rank the player against his fellow peers at his position, the numbers aren't great, but he's again not the worst in the league like you want to make him out to be.

But we both know this isn't really about Mac Jones for you in as much as it's really about you wanting the backup to play and feeling he got shafted. So I take it with a grain of salt because of the predisposition you're coming at it with.

Oh I don't care if they start the waterboy at this point, as long as this abomination of a team makes a change. how much many more losses do you need? 10, 20 30? when is enough enough. I figured, you'd reach for Zappe bc that all Mac fans have at this point to deflect failure after failure. Anyway bring on the losses, woohoo, getting punked by the Jets and Zach Wilson in the standings now

Last edited:
Reactions: EverettMike

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Oh I don't care if they start the waterboy at this point, as long as this abomination of a team makes a change. how much many more losses do you need? 10, 20 30? when is enough enough. I figured, you'd reach for Zappe bc that all Mac fans have at this point to deflect failure after failure
What quarterback on the roster changes their team being bad? It rhymes with hero. The roster is pure garbage, which for the hundredth time, is a reflection of bad drafting and poor free agent signings by the GM. No quarterback will fix this shitty roster because they have a void of actual talent.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
What quarterback on the roster changes their team being bad? It rhymes with hero. The roster is pure garbage, which for the hundredth time, is a reflection of bad drafting and poor free agent signings by the GM. No quarterback will fix this shitty roster because they have a void of actual talent.
ya but you don't want to give anyone a chance to prove Mac is the problem right? When the team gets competent QB play the can beat Buffalo as they did last week, but that needs to be more than once a year

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Torn ACL for Bourne

There is ZERO reason to not sell anything possible. Sell, sell, sell. Tear this thing down to the studs.
They don't need to tear everything down. They have a good defense where only Dugger is important and a free agent with the most cap space of anyone in the league. They just need to find a way to add upper tier talent to the offense.

They should sell on some of their free agents and Mac though. Uche, Henry, Mac, Gesicki, Mills and Zeke. Would think maybe you could pick up two or three day two picks for Uche, Henry and Mac and even if it's just pick swaps to move a little further up the draft for the final three it's worth it.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
ya but you don't want to give anyone a chance to prove Mac is the problem right? When the team gets competent QB play the can beat Buffalo as they did last week, but that needs to be more than once a year
Did they beat the Bills or did the Bills beat themselves though? The Bills aren't the same this year as they've been in the past. They have Diggs and nothing else on offense to catch. Pats pretty much keyed on shutting down Diggs, and the Bills looked baffled.

I don't care who plays QB, the results will be the same because this roster is trash. Swapping out a guy here or there is akin to rearranging the deck furniture on the Titanic. The main issue is the clown drafting, signing, and coaching the sub par players he's picked. He needs to go because he's not competent. I mean shit, what GM/coach decides to go with a run heavy offensive focus, but doesn't fix the shitty offensive line they have for two straight seasons? It's absurd.

Reactions: Mione134

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
They don't need to tear everything down. They have a good defense where only Dugger is important and a free agent with the most cap space of anyone in the league. They just need to find a way to add upper tier talent to the offense.

They should sell on some of their free agents and Mac though. Uche, Henry, Mac, Gesicki, Mills and Zeke. Would think maybe you could pick up two or three day two picks for Uche, Henry and Mac and even if it's just pick swaps to move a little further up the draft for the final three it's worth it.
Ha I didn't mean trade the entire team. But really it would be trade anyone you don't have plans for. The problem of course would then be do you want Bill deciding on that? Probably not.

Reactions: BernieMcAvoy

MillerTime29Bombs

Feb 12, 2023
Woburn
Can’t make a trade if no one wants your players. Not one starter is top 10 at his position. Roster is garbage. GM fell asleep 5 years ago. Current QB is A bad version of Andy Dalton.

Reactions: quietbruinfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad