NFL GDT: Week 7

Oct 18, 2011
Cowboys fan here and I am not impressed much by this win, I have thought all year the Eagles are overrated and Wentz is the most overrated player in the league, he's been crowned by so many for never accomplishing anything because he *looks* the part. That Jets loss still pisses me off and even this game you see some of Garrett's dumb bullshit that mainly manifests on running plays. The Cowboys most of the time win because of their talent being better than the other team, not because of good coaching

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Andy Dalton has never played at an MVP level. Wentz is not the main issue but he is part of it. Their defense is terrible. Gave up 75 points to Cousins and Dak back to back weeks.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Well good thing ATL has Seattle next week. Wonder if 1-7 will be enough to get Quinn fired...

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Are the Saints as good as their record?

Better. They're currently down their first-ballot HOF QB (Brees), a top 5 RB (Kamara), the starting TE (Cook), the 3# and #4 WRs (Smith and Kirkwood), the starting mike LB (Anzalone), the #2, #3, and #4 corners (Apple, Williams, Robinson) and arguably their best STer (Gray). The Brees injury also means Taysom Hill has been mostly removed from the game plan, because you don't risk your backup QB in this situation. They've also been missing their best interior DL (Rankins) until just last week

Now I do think you can make an argument they wouldn't be as focused if Brees had not gotten hurt, but I'm not sure the end result would be much different. It's not like they've been squeaking by teams. Seattle, Tampa and Chicago were all blowouts with some garbage time scores that made all 3 of those games look a lot closer than they really were. Dallas and Jacksonville were both low-scoring games where you didn't have the feeling they were in any real danger late.

TBH if Brees had not gotten hurt against the Rams, they probably would've won that game. The defense basically shut the Rams down for 3 quarters but Teddy coming off the bench cold wasn't able to move the offense at all and the defense eventually wore down because they were on the field so much.

I keep hearing in-the-know NFL people say they have the best roster in the league. I don't have any problem believing that because to win under these circumstances, it's not just because you're getting great coaching. They have incredible depth at almost every position except for WR, and as long as Mike Thomas is healthy, that doesn't seem to matter.

Defense should get most of the credit though. Dennis Allen will get tons of credit and rightfully so, but really this is Jeff Ireland's defense. The second he walked in the building the defense got better. Really, I'm just in awe of the whole thing. This feels like a dream season. Although I'm sure they'll find some way to end it with another spectacular failure as usual.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Eagles problems are actually solved, they will just make every trade possible because they have to not lose the fan base, says the fans

fin8

Apr 10, 2010
sault.ste.marie,on
Huge win Dallas. It’s a much better feeling heading into the bye week with a dominating win over an arch rival like the seagulls. I’m not liking the fact that Garrett is still the HC, but anything short of the Boys not making it to the NFC championship game, he will be gone next season.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
So Teddy Bridgewater will start for the Bears next year?

I think he ends up in Tampa if he leaves New Orleans. I won't totally rule him out being the Saints starter next year; there's a good possibility Brees decides to retire after this season.

But of all the teams that need a QB, Tampa is the place I'd go. QB-friendly system; a great offensive head coach in Bruce Arians; an offensive coordinator in Byron Leftwich who is a former QB; Evans, Godwin and Howard to throw to and a defense that is good enough to win games right now except their offense keeps turning the ball over and putting them in crappy spots.

Tampa is the team with loads of talent that can never get over the hump because they don't have a QB that is consistent and dependable. Teddy is no savior but he could be that guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bocephus86

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I think he ends up in Tampa if he leaves New Orleans. I won't totally rule him out being the Saints starter next year; there's a good possibility Brees decides to retire after this season.

But of all the teams that need a QB, Tampa is the place I'd go. QB-friendly system; a great offensive head coach in Bruce Arians; an offensive coordinator in Byron Leftwich who is a former QB; Evans, Godwin and Howard to throw to and a defense that is good enough to win games right now except their offense keeps turning the ball over and putting them in crappy spots.

Tampa is the team with loads of talent that can never get over the hump because they don't have a QB that is consistent and dependable. Teddy is no savior but he could be that guy.

Arians system often gets QB's beaten to a pulp

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The Eagles should stop talking down on their opponents, it has has not worked for 2 straight weeks.

Talk shit about Kirk Cousins, Eagles get blown out.

Talk shit about how you’ll beat Dallas, get railroaded by the Cowboys.

Just please shut up, it’s not helping.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad