NCAA GDT: Week 7: Showdown in Ann Arbor

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
I know the bye week can be tough sometimes but didn't think they were good enough to warrant Oklahoma jumping UCF after getting past it. Oklahoma makes 5 teams with a loss ahead of UCF. I don't think UCF can go undefeated two years in a row but the voters are making it obvious they don't want them in the top 4 if they do.
They barely won this week. That didn't help their cause.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
They barely won this week. That didn't help their cause.

The were on the road against a team that had the 4th longest home winning streak and had beat the last 3 ranked opponents to come into the liberty bowl. Notre Dame struggled at home against a team UCF beat by 30 but moved up. UCF still won something LSU, Georgia, Texas, Oklahoma and Michigan haven't done every week.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I find it so weird that Michigan State lost to Arizona State on the road, but they beat Penn State on the road.

Sure, there are factors that probably made it different... MSU had to travel three time zones to play ASU, MSU was coming off a bye to face Penn State, MSU is in the same conference as PSU... but still. I find that odd. I hate using this thing, but Penn State would smoke Arizona State on a neutral field.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
A few things regarding UCF:

-UCF gained 62 points in the AP poll for what it's worth. They stayed put at #10, but they gained a lot of points. Now, the AP poll means nothing now, but I was just saying.

-The Sagarin ratings (which used to be a BCS computer, I believe) have UCF at #31, barely ahead of FCS North Dakota State.

-The cancelled game against UNC may be a blessing in disguise for them.

-My best guess is that if the playoff rankings came out this second, UCF would be 15th. The nine teams ahead of them in the AP poll, Florida, Oregon, West Virginia, Kentucky and NC State would be ahead of them.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
A few things regarding UCF:

-UCF gained 62 points in the AP poll for what it's worth. They stayed put at #10, but they gained a lot of points. Now, the AP poll means nothing now, but I was just saying.

-The Sagarin ratings (which used to be a BCS computer, I believe) have UCF at #31, barely ahead of FCS North Dakota State.

-The cancelled game against UNC may be a blessing in disguise for them.

-My best guess is that if the playoff rankings came out this second, UCF would be 15th. The nine teams ahead of them in the AP poll, Florida, Oregon, West Virginia, Kentucky and NC State would be ahead of them.

Nice write up. I agree that the playoff rankings won't be close to the polls. The committee would much rather put a 2 loss P5 team in over UCF. UCF still has a ways to go to finish undefeated, the 2nd half of the schedule is much harder. As much as it would be nice to get a shot in the playoffs, the idea of getting snubbed again is kinda looking good. AD Danny White is probably lining up even more parades, the social media and regular media exposure will be even bigger. UCF was talked about all over the country last year and would be even more if left out again. Even though they are the largest University in the country they still aren't a household name but another round of claiming national titles will bring even more attention. UCF will never be a blue blood but the more they get mentioned the more tiers their brand climbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad