NCAA GDT: Week 3

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
The Big Ten in general is horse dung except for Ohio State. Disgraceful showing today and another example on how the league continues to slide. The league's football is becoming more well known for the off field scandals that keep hitting it. In terms of general talent, it's OSU and a bunch of stiffs. Can't tell if PSU is for real, once again they scheduled creampuffs for their non-conf games. It's weird, you'd think they'd want a tough non-league game (esp. given how weak the conference is) to bulk up any potential playoff points, but they haven't played a serious non-conf game in several years.
these games were scheduled years ago. psu probably did not expect to be a conf title/national champ contender when they got hit with the sanctions so scheduled winnable games. in the future they have home and homes with west virginia, virginia tech, auburn, and possibly texas.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Penn State was making this current slate of schedules under the assumption they’d be dealing with sanctions & the after effects. They weren’t thinking of playoffs or any of that when they were made.

When the sanctions came off & they got an new AD (along with Franklin’s hire) that essentially wasn’t an interim they started scheduling OOC better games. They have Auburn, Virginia Tech, & West Virginia as future OOC games but schedules are made so far in advance they won’t start playing them until 2020 when they play at VT.
lol literally made the exact same post without seeing yours.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Arizona State got ROBBED. I don't think that ball hit the ground, the WR had possession but if he lost it ever it only would have been due to that targeting. Targeting feels like the new DPI. Let's put it this way, in the NFL pass interference is a spot foul. In that situation I would encourage this play BUT if they ever made it a spot foul it would become like pass interference, don't even touch him, it is a slippeery slope but I fully get why the guy did it ESPECIALLY in college.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
these games were scheduled years ago. psu probably did not expect to be a conf title/national champ contender when they got hit with the sanctions so scheduled winnable games. in the future they have home and homes with west virginia, virginia tech, auburn, and possibly texas.

Like I said last night, you can't blame sanctions that hit in 2012 for weak schedules the next few years. Most of those were already in place. PSU has a long history of scheduling weak out of conference. I'm not making any of this up, you can look it up yourself. They had a home and home with Bama earlier this decade, a home and home with ND in 06-07 and then you have to go back to 02-03 with Nebraska (pre-Big 10) to find anything remotely challenging. Not to mention padding the schedules with multiple I-AA, MAC, etc. competition as well.

The fact remains we won't know how good PSU is until they play OSU. Squeaking past App State and thumping the likes of Pitt and Kent State really doesn't say much. Of course like the other guy said they'll be in the playoff conversation. Scheduling cupcakes and playing in a lousy conference will do that.

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Like I said last night, you can't blame sanctions that hit in 2012 for weak schedules the next few years. Most of those were already in place. PSU has a long history of scheduling weak out of conference. I'm not making any of this up, you can look it up yourself. They had a home and home with Bama earlier this decade, a home and home with ND in 06-07 and then you have to go back to 02-03 with Nebraska (pre-Big 10) to find anything remotely challenging. Not to mention padding the schedules with multiple I-AA, MAC, etc. competition as well.

The fact remains we won't know how good PSU is until they play OSU. Squeaking past App State and thumping the likes of Pitt and Kent State really doesn't say much. Of course like the other guy said they'll be in the playoff conversation. Scheduling cupcakes and playing in a lousy conference will do that.
Go ahead and keep pushing that. They do have some tougher OOC matchups on the horizon after they obliterate Pitt again next year.

Fact is, regardless, PSU is still an elite football program that is perennially ranked, top 10-15.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad