Patriots/NFL Week 3: vs sʇǝſ 9/22 1PM - CBS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Antonio Brown Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I wonder how many times the Patriots have played former Belichick protegees and covered spreads like that. Feels like a game where they'll get off to a sluggish start, build a lead, take their foot off the gas and win something like 34-16.

Since they've lost 5 of 6 in miami I'd pick agaisnt the spread but I stay away from my favorite teams unless I'm picking them to cover

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Could you provide a source? Even if you do, I’d take those numbers with a grain of salt, because as difficult as it (regrettably) is to garner adequate evidence to get a conviction of sexual assault/rape, it’s just as hard if not harder (not to mention less interesting to pursue) convicting someone of false accusations thereof.

Even if it is 5%, those people suck just as much as rapists because they’re hurting not only the person they accuse but actual victims of sexual violence.

I do hope it’s less than 5%, though, and that both figures will drop substantially.

When I have a moment I will look, it was a peer reviewed study I was able to view when I had world cat library access which I no longer have as it expired a year after I finished my masters at Springfield college. We were studying instances of sexual assault and abuse amongst families , women, children, and men when learning how trauma effects the mind and therefor learning (I was working on a master’s in education)

And I 100% agree with your second paragraph

Reactions: Fossy21

TrashPanda

Feb 24, 2019

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This is a hugely negative distraction from what should've been a great week for the Patriots.

Brown's extorter is the scum of the Earth

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

So this would confirm that the complainant/accuser did not go to the cops on this. I have a feeling that there wouldn't be enough evidence to convict, since it seems like it would be a he said/she said situation, so it's all about whether the DA wants to get some publicity.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Going to use rule 2 from 8 am this morning and seeing where it if Sunday at noon 100 hours away (not even commenting about if asked)

1. 80/20
2. 100 hours

TrashPanda

Feb 24, 2019
most miserable media in sports. When Brady moves on and the winning stops, i wont feel bad for them

I'm not going to put the blame on the media for covering this. There's much more that needs to be determined, but given what Brown's summer looked like, this is most certainly something they should be covering.

And we get to hear Belichick be unintentionally funny to reporters who aren't well versed in how he responds to things. Fortunately, he's probably moved on to the length of the grass in Miami and how recent weather events might affect how deep the DBs should play off their receivers.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm not going to put the blame on the media for covering this. There's much more that needs to be determined, but given what Brown's summer looked like, this is most certainly something they should be covering.

And we get to hear Belichick be unintentionally funny to reporters who aren't well versed in how he responds to things. Fortunately, he's probably moved on to the length of the grass in Miami and how recent weather events might affect how deep the DBs should play off their receivers.

oh im not surprised they are covering it. I think they want stories like this to happen so their concern for the victims isn't real IMO and mostly self serving to get sound bites

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This is a hugely negative distraction from what should've been a great week for the Patriots.

Brown's extorter is the scum of the Earth

That's why you should have passed on him...nothing could come out about him that would shock anyone....his distractions off the field are just a matter of when, not if. He probably should have been upfront with what was going on with the Pats.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
That's why you should have passed on him...nothing could come out about him that would shock anyone....his distractions off the field are just a matter of when, not if. He probably should have been upfront with what was going on with the Pats.

None of this is going to hurt on the field unless Goodell decides to punish the Patriots for rumors and hearsay again.

Why should we have passed on one of the top 3 WRs in the game because some jilted woman he used to sleep with wants to get money and attention?

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
When I have a moment I will look, it was a peer reviewed study I was able to view when I had world cat library access which I no longer have as it expired a year after I finished my masters at Springfield college. We were studying instances of sexual assault and abuse amongst families , women, children, and men when learning how trauma effects the mind and therefor learning (I was working on a master’s in education)

And I 100% agree with your second paragraph

Appreciated! I might look into it as well when i’m less busy. I’m currently doing a Masters to become a Psychologist, so I have some avenues open to me as well. :thumbu:
Interesting (and ubiquitous, for good reason) subject, to be sure!

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
My only comment re:Brown is that i long for the days where i didn't really know the private lives of sports figures.

Accusations aside, those e-mails are just shake my head you have to be kidding me do people really talk like that, insights that in some small fashion reduce my enjoyment of a sport i love.

These are the people on the teams i'm cheering for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad