Patriots/NFL Week 3: vs sʇǝſ 9/22 1PM - CBS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Antonio Brown Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
How cares about KC ? Boo FING Hoo, the reporters in Boston finally found their balls. They will not let this latest dirtbag thing go unnoticed.

Latest dirtbag? What is this supposed history of dirtbagness the Patriots have??

LOL Spygate and Deftlategate? Only real think could be Hernandez.

You seem really angry. Go outside, sit on a bench and take a nice deep breath.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’m on the side in one week this will be a non story. Extortion gone bad.

He will play

They will go 16-0

They will get to the SB be trailing by 4 with a minute and a half left ball at their own 31 with 2 time outs left

Brown will be on the field

Brady will move the ball to the 8 yard line with enough for 2 plays

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think bountygate was a crock of shit like deflategate and spygate were...

Like omg the players were hitting to hurt???? SHOCKING. They wanted to take out the opposing QB? Join the club, that’s every team on Sunday. Early career Lucic would have been thrown in prison if legally hitting to hurt was a problem

Here’s the thing nobody talks about- it’s not like they wouldn’t be punished by the league if any dirty plays were over the top. So what were people mad about there? Hypothetical plays that didn’t happen? So the whole controversy was a bunch of horse shit. Kinda like deflategate. I feel a kinship with saints fans as we’ve both been blatantly railroaded by the league

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
There was more evidence to bountygate than deflategate or spygate. I'm not scandalized by the idea that defenses were trying to hurt opposing quarterbacks. I kind of expect them to think that way.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I think bountygate was a crock of **** like deflategate and spygate were...

Like omg the players were hitting to hurt???? SHOCKING. They wanted to take out the opposing QB? Join the club, that’s every team on Sunday. Early career Lucic would have been thrown in prison if legally hitting to hurt was a problem

Here’s the thing nobody talks about- it’s not like they wouldn’t be punished by the league if any dirty plays were over the top. So what were people mad about there? Hypothetical plays that didn’t happen? So the whole controversy was a bunch of horse ****. Kinda like deflategate. I feel a kinship with saints fans as we’ve both been blatantly railroaded by the league

It wasn't so much the players hitting people to hurt them. It was more the coaches giving their players specific guys to intentionally injure, then paying them for doing it, and lying that they never did anything of the sort. But sure, it's a silly delineation to make...

Reactions: BMC

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It wasn't so much the players hitting people to hurt them. It was more the coaches giving their players specific guys to intentionally injure, then paying them for doing it, and lying that they never did anything of the sort. But sure, it's a silly delineation to make...

My whole thing is did they injure anybody illegally? Because they face discipline for that.

These kind of bounty systems have been in football since the 80’s with the U fwiw. If you hurt guys with stuff that’s not blatantly illegal then I don’t really have a problem with it. That’s kind of the sport.

Idk I’m probably just numb to it after watching a decade of safeties torpedoing Gronk’s knee

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Patriots have no one to blame but themselves. They didn't need this idiot but they got greedy so I hope they continue to get hammered and will until they cut this low life.

Stop lying to yourself and everyone else. You won’t stop rooting against them for any reason whatsoever. Your posts in Pats threads are 80% blatant trolling and 20% setups for further trolling.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Got an all black and white Patriots skull logo shirt at this place called I love Boston sports while I was out there. People today laughing saying copying the raiders saying eeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Another like eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww I had to ask if he never noticed my hat I always wear is Patriots. Ya its all black too but I dont wear certain colors.................

Finally got my Brady jersey tho...................I just dont know what to wear with it at work. IDK what matches. Was thinking white dickey pants but may just wear my black dickie shorts since black matches with everything. What do people match with their red white and blue Pats stuff?

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So I've seen that the league is considering the exempt list for Brown but I saw a legal expert say on Twitter that the exempt list doesn't apply to civil lawsuits like this. Which is it?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
My whole thing is did they injure anybody illegally? Because they face discipline for that.

These kind of bounty systems have been in football since the 80’s with the U fwiw. If you hurt guys with stuff that’s not blatantly illegal then I don’t really have a problem with it. That’s kind of the sport.

Idk I’m probably just numb to it after watching a decade of safeties torpedoing Gronk’s knee

No question. Hard line to draw whether an injury is "intentional" or just part of the game, which is why I said it was a silly delineation to make. Much like you can film other team's signals from one spot, but not another. Makes no sense, yet that's the way it goes with the NFL.

I also think they weren't really mad about the bounties in general, just that Payton and Greg Williams lied about it when they were being investigated. It's on par with the Barry Bonds PED investigation/trial. They weren't charging him with using PEDs, they were charging him with lying about using PEDs. And again, it seems like a silly thing to split hairs over, but they did. :laugh:

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So I've seen that the league is considering the exempt list for Brown but I saw a legal expert say on Twitter that the exempt list doesn't apply to civil lawsuits like this. Which is it?

I think it hasnt been applied to civil cases yet but the nfl can do whatever they want

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Even if the Patriots knew a lawsuit was coming that doesn't automatically mean you stay away from Brown. Innocent until guilty and in this case no criminal charges. Due process etc.

I'm not saying Antonio Brown is a good guy, far from it. Just that an allegation is just that. Let the investigation play out.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
If you went by a philosophy of nobody should sign him until the suit is settled that's absurd to be honest. It could take years for it to be resolved.

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005
No question. Hard line to draw whether an injury is "intentional" or just part of the game, which is why I said it was a silly delineation to make. Much like you can film other team's signals from one spot, but not another. Makes no sense, yet that's the way it goes with the NFL.

I also think they weren't really mad about the bounties in general, just that Payton and Greg Williams lied about it when they were being investigated. It's on par with the Barry Bonds PED investigation/trial. They weren't charging him with using PEDs, they were charging him with lying about using PEDs. And again, it seems like a silly thing to split hairs over, but they did. :laugh:

Payton and Williams were victims of some very poor timing.

The concussion lawsuits were just heating up and the NFL doing nothing about a potential deliberate injury mandate from a coach or team was going to be a very bad look.

Reactions: BMC and LSCII

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Not sure why we can't extend the same courtesy to Brown's accuser we are extending to him. We can believe in his innocence until otherwise proven (and I don't see anything wrong with taking that stance) while also treating her accusations seriously and with respect, again, until otherwise proven.

It's very easy not to call her a gold digger or a money-hungry fraud. Watch here, I'll do it right now.

"................"

Last edited:

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Pats get the Dolphins and then a Jets team without Darnold...out with mono

Don't think I've seen an NFL player get mono. Feel like that usually ends in college.

Reactions: CDJ

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not sure why we can't extend the same courtesy to Brown's accuser we are extending to him. We can believe in his innocent until otherwise proven (and I don't see anything wrong with taking that stance) while also treating her accusations seriously and with respect, again, until otherwise proven.

It's very easy not to call her a gold digger or a money-hungry fraud. Watch here, I'll do it right now.

"................"

I said earlier here that only two people know what actually transpired. Given they're on opposite ends of the spectrum, it's very difficult to determine who's being truthful. I think the issue most people have with the alleged victim's claim is that it's not a criminal case. She filed a civil case only. It makes her story, along with the holes in it, a little dubious.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->