Patriots/NFL Week 3: vs sʇǝſ 9/22 1PM - CBS, 98.5 WBZ-FM - Antonio Brown Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
None of this is going to hurt on the field unless Goodell decides to punish the Patriots for rumors and hearsay again.

Why should we have passed on one of the top 3 WRs in the game because some jilted woman he used to sleep with wants to get money and attention?

yeah because that's the only issue with Brown. Good Lord I never thought I would see the day where Pats fans would become shills for Antonio Brown. Do you honestly believe they would have signed him had they known this was going to come out, guilty or not?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Sounds like bandwagon jumping to me. She never filed a police report.

I have no idea what actually happened, but when no Police or criminal action is taken, but a civil suit is filled it's hard to think anything but a money grab..

As an individual who has worked in the legal industry for the past 20 years, I would caution against drawing any conclusions just because no police report was filed. We're just now learning of women that went to the police 10+ years ago to file criminal complaints against Jeffrey Epstein, but the women weren't taken seriously and charges were never filed. This happens ALL THE TIME and is one of many reasons women don't push the issue. These he said/she said cases, particularly when one is rich and famous and can afford the best attorneys, are particularly messy.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
As an individual who has worked in the legal industry for the past 20 years, I would caution against drawing any conclusions just because no police report was filed. We're just now learning of women that went to the police 10+ years ago to file criminal complaints against Jeffrey Epstein, but the women weren't taken seriously and charges were never filed. This happens ALL THE TIME and is one of many reasons women don't push the issue. These he said/she said cases, particularly when one is rich and famous and can afford the best attorneys, are particularly messy.

Sure. That's why I said I have no idea what actually happened, because I don't. I understand that many women don't come forward. I'm just looking at what I'm seeing in this particular case with my untrained eye.

Epstein was charged criminally, not a civil suit for 75K. Something just doesn't sound right here and it's not because I'm a Patriots fan boy.

If he is guilty I'd want to see him prosecuted criminally and spend time in jail.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Show me what conclusions I jumped to. I have been pointing out odd timings and an attorney jumping on after the fact. I find things questionable simple as that.

Reactions: LSCII and KrejciMVP

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Show me what conclusions I jumped to. I have been pointing out odd timings and an attorney jumping on after the fact. I find things questionable simple as that.

You literally wrote, "Sounds like bandwagon jumping to me. "

To me, that's the very definition of drawing a conclusion. If it's not to you, then we'll agree to disagree.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
This is annoying because all the Pats haters are coming out now with 1 more thing to whine about like.......

A. this didnt happen when he was with the Steelers
B. Raiders from what I saw knew about it
C. Patriots had no idea

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Those leaked videos of Brown and Taylor certainly call into question this part of her complaint:

30. Ms. Taylor never dated or had an interest in any romantic relationship with Brown. Their relationship, as far as Ms. Taylor believed and behaved, was that of a ‘brother-sister’ type.

Doesn't mean other parts are false, but if Brown's lawyers don't have specific evidence showing she tried to extort him, then the next step they'd take would be attacking her credibility.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
No better time to try to extort money from him than now.

He's seen as the biggest idiot/jackass in America at the moment. Making accusations now have no downside. You get paid or even if found untrue no one will call you on it because he'd still be seen as a worse person

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
AB cant be 84 and is practicing as 1

Seen people suggest he take 81 like Moss

Guess he can choose from 81 82 85 86 87 88 89
Ben Watson won't give him #84? I guess he has seniority and can pull that, but you'd think he would just give it to him.

I guess if it's not available he'll probably slot in at 88 now that Thomas is out. 87 is a no-go, I think that number is never going to be worn again unless the man who wore it decides to suit up.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Ben Watson won't give him #84? I guess he has seniority and can pull that, but you'd think he would just give it to him.

I guess if it's not available he'll probably slot in at 88 now that Thomas is out. 87 is a no-go, I think that number is never going to be worn again unless the man who wore it decides to suit up.

I read its an NFL rule cant switch jersey #s in season. IDK I would go with 89. Cant remember last 89 on the Patriots.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
This is annoying because all the Pats haters are coming out now with 1 more thing to whine about like.......

A. this didnt happen when he was with the Steelers
B. Raiders from what I saw knew about it
C. Patriots had no idea

Patriots have no one to blame but themselves. They didn't need this idiot but they got greedy so I hope they continue to get hammered and will until they cut this low life.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Patriots have no one to blame but themselves. They didn't need this idiot but they got greedy so I hope they continue to get hammered and will until they cut this low life.

The Pats did nothing wrong in this case. They've signed controversial receivers before. They didnt break any rules. Where were all.these reporters to harass the KC coach over the Hill situation?

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

Who gives a **** what number he gets ? Watson doesn't owe him ****, Just give it to him? LOL typical

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The Pats did nothing wrong in this case. They've signed controversial receivers before. They didnt break any rules. Where were all.these reporters to harass the KC coach over the Hill situation?

This guy was a clown, BB thinks he's the smartest guy in the room. Not this time

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

How cares about KC ? Boo FING Hoo, the reporters in Boston finally found their balls. They will not let this latest dirtbag thing go unnoticed.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
How cares about KC ? Boo FING Hoo, the reporters in Boston finally found their balls. They will not let this latest dirtbag thing go unnoticed.

They'll complain till Sunday and then move on. Attention spans of the media dont last that long, unless of course they lose Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad