NFL GDT: Week 18

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Why not? The Lions are better, not sure why they're still getting disrespected.
Many Lions fans are fatalistic. You may know that? For good reason.

I am not shocked at all this happened though, they were always gonna be ready to play.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Many Lions fans are fatalistic. You may know that? For good reason.

I am not shocked at all this happened though, they were always gonna be ready to play.
For sure, I've lived my life as a fatalistic Lions fan but this is the 1st season that I've really believed in a Lions team and regime and what they are building.

I know a lot of people in the media and on message boards will say that the Packers choked or whatnot because everybody expected them to win but the Lions took it from them. They dominated the 4th in winning time and the Packers were helpless to stop it.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
For sure, I've lived my life as a fatalistic Lions fan but this is the 1st season that I've really believed in a Lions team and regime and what they are building.

I know a lot of people in the media and on message boards will say that the Packers choked or whatnot because everybody expected them to win but the Lions took it from them. They dominated the 4th in winning time and the Packers were helpless to stop it.
I think there’s good reason to believe, especially if they have Goff figured out. I didn’t think he should be left for dead, but it would be a huge bonus.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I think there’s good reason to believe, especially if they have Goff figured out. I didn’t think he should be left for dead, but it would be a huge bonus.
Yeah. As usual, the QB is key to any long term success. I felt that Goff has been hugely underrated this season because of how his Rams tenure ended and the perception he developed as a mediocre QB.

If you look at his numbers starting with the second half of last season after they fired Anthony Lynn and promoted Ben Johnson and they are elite QB numbers.
Not saying he's elite but he's a top 10 QB in this league especially with the supporting cast being built around him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Biggest challenge for Detroit is being able to either keep or replace OC Ben Johnson. He did great work with Goff and rhe O.
Lions would likely promote QB coach or another position coach to OC if Johnson left for a HC opportunity with the all of the potential openings around the nfl.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Biggest challenge for Detroit is being able to either keep or replace OC Ben Johnson. He did great work with Goff and rhe O.
Lions would likely promote QB coach or another position coach to OC if Johnson left for a HC opportunity with the all of the potential openings around the nfl.
If I’m them, it’s the position coaches I don’t want to lose. Don’t want to lose Johnson on purpose, but they have people to replace him.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
There's something to say about hosts showing nothing of themselves personally but being totally all in on their jobs. I feel like Scott Hanson fits that quality brilliantly.

Because he's a buffoon. In sports the idea of the game is to win.

Pittsburgh Steelers won the last game of the year back in the 1970:s; losing the rights to OJ Simpson and settling for Terry Bradshaw.

Care to guess which team won four Super Bowls and which team is still looking to win its first?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He also went half the year before any of his receivers could catch anything.

Rodgers doesn’t play a part in it?

He had more important things to do than get reps with his rookies.
Which cost them.

& Rodgers himself threw plenty of bad ints and had himself plenty of weak to garbage games by his standards

& in the end had zero 300 yard games

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rodgers doesn’t play a part in it?

He had more important things to do than get reps with his rookies.
Which cost them.

& Rodgers himself threw plenty of bad ints and had himself plenty of weak to garbage games by his standards
He came into the season with people thinking he’d have to perform miracles, so it can’t be too disappointing when he didn’t. The only reason it is is because they actually did get their shit together, it was just one or two games too late.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Because he's a buffoon. In sports the idea of the game is to win.

Pittsburgh Steelers won the last game of the year back in the 1970:s; losing the rights to OJ Simpson and settling for Terry Bradshaw.

Care to guess which team won four Super Bowls and which team is still looking to win its first?

That is incorrect, Simpson and Bradshaw were not in the same draft, the year Simpson went 1st the Steelers took Joe Greene 4th and they lost 5 straight down the stretch finishing 2-11-1, the Falcons and Eagles both finished 2-12 with the Eagles actually winning 2 of the last 3, allowing the Bills who went 1-13 in the AFL to draft OJ 1st overall

The following season the Steelers would go 1-13 and draft Bradshaw first and actually won their first game before losing all of the rest

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
That is incorrect, Simpson and Bradshaw were not in the same draft, the year Simpson went 1st the Steelers took Joe Greene 4th and they lost 5 straight down the stretch finishing 2-11-1, the Falcons and Eagles both finished 2-12 with the Eagles actually winning 2 of the last 3, allowing the Bills who went 1-13 in the AFL to draft OJ 1st overall

The following season the Steelers would go 1-13 and draft Bradshaw first and actually won their first game before losing all of the rest

Correct. It was Mean Joe Greene and not Bradshaw. Remember the scene from the biopic about Rocky Bleier but had the names wrong.

In the movie, Art Carney (Ed Norton) plays Art Rooney and the movie opens with him talking about it. The fans said we couldn't even lose right.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He came into the season with people thinking he’d have to perform miracles, so it can’t be too disappointing when he didn’t. The only reason it is is because they actually did get their shit together, it was just one or two games too late.

Plenty of people also though their defense would be elite.

If Rodgers was committed to developing younger players they would have been at a higher level sooner.

They had few great players on offense, no excuses to finish below Seattle/Lions

& if he wasn’t going on and off about the retirement they’d still have Adams.

Rodgers was average this year and it was not because of the roster.
Last nights game he got absolutely nothing done when it mattered

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think Quay Walker gets the award for idiot of the year---the trainer was just trying to do his job. White should have been tossed as well
Walker should not have shoved the trainer.
That said, there were already 2 guys to that side of Swift helping him. There’s no more room on that side for that trainer to even see Swift unless he’s going to be standing up while the other 2 are taking a knee to help swift. There was room on the other side of Swift to which the trainer could have gone to his right and around his own player to get to Swift.

But, it should be common practice among players to get away from an injured player to allow the medical staff to attend to them. So that is on Walker for standing that close once he saw Swift remain down.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Plenty of people also though their defense would be elite.

If Rodgers was committed to developing younger players they would have been at a higher level sooner.

They had few great players on offense, no excuses to finish below Seattle/Lions

& if he wasn’t going on and off about the retirement they’d still have Adams.

Rodgers was average this year and it was not because of the roster.
Last nights game he got absolutely nothing done when it mattered
The talent is still the talent. Rodgers can’t teach wide receivers not to drop balls when he hits them in the hands. You can’t turn non-top 10 picks into Justin Jefferson overnight out of want-to. Not even Brady did that.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The talent is still the talent. Rodgers can’t teach wide receivers not to drop balls when he hits them in the hands. You can’t turn non-top 10 picks into Justin Jefferson overnight out of want-to. Not even Brady did that.
Rodgers, his issue is his commitment to win. Won’t spend the time on the off season to work with his new guys like Brady did.

But he’s not doing anything outside the rules as those are all optional practices.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

So that excuses him for not working with them?

If you know you have a young roster shouldn’t you exactly work with them more instead of what Rodgers did? But somehow that’s not on Rodgers.

Even last night it was win 1 game and you’re in.
What did Rodgers do?
2-5 for 12 yards in the 4th with a brutal int.

You can’t seriously say he was good this year

The man is arrogant and is cost them the playoffs.

Reactions: Goalie_Bob

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So that excuses him for not working with them?

If you know you have a young roster shouldn’t you exactly work with them more instead of what Rodgers did? But somehow that’s not on Rodgers.

Even last night it was win 1 game and you’re in.
What did Rodgers do?
2-5 for 12 yards in the 4th with a brutal int.

You can’t seriously say he was good this year

The man is arrogant and is cost them the playoffs.
Rookies actually have limits on what they are allowed to do in the offseason because they spend time not in school doing draft prep. So, no, not getting much time with them until camp.

Rodgers, his issue is his commitment to win. Won’t spend the time on the off season to work with his new guys like Brady did.

But he’s not doing anything outside the rules as those are all optional practices.
They also went 10 years without winning a Super Bowl.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rookies actually have limits on what they are allowed to do in the offseason because they spend time not in school doing draft prep. So, no, not getting much time with them until camp.

They also went 10 years without winning a Super Bowl.

I’m talking about pre season when Rodgers couldn’t be bothered and he kept getting called out on media for it constantly.

If you know you have a young roster make the effort, lead them, teach them. You’re the reason your team is in that position anyways. Took the money and drove Adams away

You can’t seriously think he was good this year?
They finished behind teams like Seattle, Lions, Giants, Commanders.
They all had superior rosters to Packers? Everyone thought Seattle would be bottom3 team in the league

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I’m talking about pre season when Rodgers couldn’t be bothered and he kept getting called out on media for it constantly.

If you know you have a young roster make the effort, lead them, teach them. You’re the reason your team is in that position anyways. Took the money and drove Adams away

You can’t seriously think he was good this year?
They finished behind teams like Seattle, Lions, Giants, Commanders.
They all had superior rosters to Packers? Everyone thought Seattle would be bottom3 team in the league
I just think there were better reasons he wasn’t as good. He is 39. Perfectly normal to be declining and know that you have to save your bullets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad