NFL GDT: Week 18

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Rodgers has to be the most overrated qb ever...he just has to be
Do you watch football? He is one of the greats. Even when GB won the Super Bowl thier defense was mediocre. They have had poor defenses his whole tenure and a lot of the time an average to poor receiving corps. And one of the worst coaches in the NFL in McCarthy. He has however had a great offensive line for most of his career.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The last drive or two was just a shocking display. They were poorly run plays, Rodgers just throwing balls up. Season on the line and they had nothing.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Do you watch football? He is one of the greats. Even when GB won the Super Bowl thier defense was mediocre. They have had poor defenses his whole tenure and a lot of the time an average to poor receiving corps. And one of the worst coaches in the NFL in McCarthy. He has however had a great offensive line for most of his career.

im not denying he isn't or was great.. but he is overrated that cannot be denied.

Had the one fluke super bowl and then just constantly disappoints year after year in clutch.

There were people at one point trying to say he was the greatest ever which I just don't get..but that seems to have finally died now with no one really able to make an argument against Brady

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
So damn proud of my Lions. Watching these guys for about 35 years now, as a long suffering fan, and have witnessed one playoff win of which was when I was a kid and this team that missed the playoffs is the team that I've enjoyed more than any other and they're just getting started. 5 high draft picks, cap space and a roster littered with high upside young players who have grown up this season. I need shades because the future is beyond bright. Eliminating Rodgers was just the cherry on the top.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
im not denying he isn't or was great.. but he is overrated that cannot be denied.

Had the one fluke super bowl and then just constantly disappoints year after year in clutch.

There were people at one point trying to say he was the greatest ever which I just don't get..but that seems to have finally died now with no one really able to make an argument against Brady
Fluke or not, he still won a Super Bowl. Of which he was the main reason why they won it all.

You can argue that the NFC wasn't exactly great the year they won it (which it wasn't) and they just got hot and healthy at the right time. I believe that year Seattle upset New Orleans in the playoffs after becoming one of the worst teams ever to reach them.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Fluke or not, he still won a Super Bowl. Of which he was the main reason why they won it all.

You can argue that the NFC wasn't exactly great the year they won it (which it wasn't) and they just got hot and healthy at the right time. I believe that year Seattle upset New Orleans in the playoffs after becoming one of the worst teams ever to reach them.

No one has ever fluked a Super Bowl, even Joe Flacco. Just like no one's ever fluked a Stanley Cup win or even a Series win.

It's just a unintelligent way to try and denigrate.

Reactions: Terry Yake

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I have a suspicion that Aaron Rodgers is going to blame someone/something for this loss to the Lions, and he won't even take 5% of the blame for himself.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

The Bears and Falcons were the teams with byes, that's all you need to know.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
First time in NFL history that 5 teams make the playoffs with new head coaches.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
That Green Bay team in 2010 was very good. They had alot of injuries and dumb losses during the year. They were 10th points and 2nd in points allowed and their margin of victory was over 9 points a game, which is great. Nothing lucky about that team.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
The Bears and Falcons were the teams with byes, that's all you need to know.

I remember it. Green Bay had the better offense and defense yet finished a game behind Chicago.

Some of which could be attributed to the concussion Rodgers suffered against Detroit. Which led to loss that week and the next late in the season.

Also would like to point out that same season the Patriots, who had the best record in the league, lost to the Sanchize in the playoffs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I remember it. Green Bay had the better offense and defense yet finished a game behind Chicago.

Some of which could be attributed to the concussion Rodgers suffered against Detroit. Which led to loss that week and the next late in the season.

Also would like to point out that same season the Patriots, who had the best record in the league, lost to the Sanchize in the playoffs.
The Bears played them week 17 in Green Bay, where the Packers had to win and the Bears had nothing to play for. Lovie Smith said beating the Packers was part of the job, played the game to win.

Packers went on to be the first team to beat the same team 4 times in a calendar year.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Are we really talking about the 2010 playoffs?

On a better note, love this Detroit team. Hopefully they can carry this into next season and having two picks in the top 18 should help them get even better. Honestly, I could see them winning the NFC North next season and having a nice little run over the next 3-4 years.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Yeah the Lions are really set up well and will have a full offseason to get Jameson Williams fully healthy and ingratiated in the already awesome offense, on top of the draft capital. Dan Campbell has turned out to be a much better coaching hire than I thought, and seems to really have blended the "rah rah" culture coach stuff (which the players have obviously fully bought into) with being aggressive and smart in game management/play calling.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The big challenge for Campbell was keeping them together despite some of the losses they took. They knew they were right there and eventually it turned and paid off. Change in defensive coordinator helped too. They will a lot of their resources in the defense and hope no one poaches their offensive coaching staff. People will start talking about Duce Staley again after getting Jamaal Williams 17 touchdowns and 1000 yards.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Green Bay is very mediocre. But you give them the benefit of the doubt due to Rodgers and his career.

That said, there is no reason they should have lost this game.
Why not? The Lions are better, not sure why they're still getting disrespected.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00