Post-Game Talk: WEEK 18 - We're on to 'The Twilight Zone' - J-E-T-S 17 PATRIOTS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
24/25 Patriots are going to be a much different team. Bill should have been gone at the same time Brady left. Its too bad it ended the way it did, but its time. Not upset at all with how this season went, huge draft and offseason is upon us.

Reactions: Mione134

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Give it a rest. Look at the current players that are still playing because their top QB's got hurt. Look at who were backups. Mac is DEFINITELY getting an opportunity. It won't be here, but he will.

Accept it. Sorry to burst your bubble. We know you hate him.
well saying they are going to replace an MVP candidate with Mac is about as far fetched as you can get

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The only thing holding up Bill's firing is if the Krafts wait to see if there's a trade partner Bill would like to go to.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
well saying they are going to replace an MVP candidate with Mac is about as far fetched as you can get
Nobody is saying that. I don't see BROCK. PURDY being a long.term.solution. Period. Shanahan loved Mac and wanted to pick him. I can see Mac going to the Niners, being the backup and have an opportunity to start. You think that's far fetched? Look around at what happened this year in the league with backups.

It is what it is. You won't have to watch him anyways so it doesn't matter to you.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

This song is probably the most fitting song to describe the last game of Bill Belichick's tenure as head coach of the Patriots.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
24/25 Patriots are going to be a much different team. Bill should have been gone at the same time Brady left. Its too bad it ended the way it did, but its time. Not upset at all with how this season went, huge draft and offseason is upon us.
Bill should’ve hitched his wagon to Brady, extended him for a few more seasons. They could’ve won another Super Bowl, Bill definitely would’ve passed Shula by now. Both retire together. As Patriot Legends. Instead, you know the story…

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
Bill should’ve hitched his wagon to Brady, extended him for a few more seasons. They could’ve won another Super Bowl, Bill definitely would’ve passed Shula by now. Both retire together. As Patriot Legends. Instead, you know the story…

Bill's ego wouldn't allow it. He had to prove that he was the more important piece. Sadly...he got a rude awakening for five straight years while Brady had a great send off to his career. It's a shame really.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Bill's ego wouldn't allow it. He had to prove that he was the more important piece. Sadly...he got a rude awakening for five straight years while Brady had a great send off to his career. It's a shame really.
Truth is Bill wanted Brady gone a few years before he left. He had Gronk trade to the Lions and wanted Brady gone so he could run with Jimmy G. If Bill had his way he’d have one less Super Bowl to his name.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

It was a great story for Brady, Bucs nation has reaped the rewards for 4 straight years now with the winning culture Brady brought and installed. Brady jerseys everywhere as well

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bill’s trump card in all of this might be that he wanted Garropolo all along and, had RKK not interfered and overruled him, he might have kept the program on track.

Instead, they keep the band together and end up in “cap jail”. Have to reset and end up with Newton. Then Bill’s hand is “forced” into taking Mac.
You really think Mister Glass would have stayed healthy enough to be difference maker? Jimmy G is not a good player. He’s lost his starting job on multiple teams now. And that’s for a reason. He isn’t good, and gets hurt when the wind blows too hard.

Thank you to Bill for everything. Put New England sports on the map
Dude stop. Sports in this area were on the map long before Belichick and will still be relevant long after he’s a footnote in Pats history.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
You really think Mister Glass would have stayed healthy enough to be difference maker? Jimmy G is not a good player. He’s lost his starting job on multiple teams now. And that’s for a reason. He isn’t good, and gets hurt when the wind blows too hard.

Dude stop. Sports in this area were on the map long before Belichick and will still be relevant long after he’s a footnote in Pats history.

In my lifetime I don't remember any winning till Bill and Brady, my only good memories were some playoff victories vs the Cleveland Indians and the Bruins finals vs Edmonton. Since Brady they've reverted back to form

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
In my lifetime I don't remember any winning till Bill and Brady, my only good memories were some playoff victories vs the Cleveland Indians and the Bruins finals vs Edmonton. Since Brady they've reverted back to form
You mean until Brady took over. Bill was a passenger and I think history has proven that out. How many wasted years did Brady have because bill couldn’t give him any weapons? Bill was an average coach at best, and an atrocious GM.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Sure but that's just a very self centric way to look at it. Celtis won a shitload of titles before you were alive or cognizant of it. Bruins won cups. Pats went to multiple super bowls and had plenty of wins. Even before Brady. Even before Belichick, Parcells coming here and being the head coach legitimized this franchise. Hell, the only reason Belichick even got this gig was because Parcells hired him after he shit the bed in Cleveland as the head coach. Sox were close a bunch of times and always relevant. So I get you want to frame it around your awareness, but that's a slap in the face to the actual history of sports in this town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad