Post-Game Talk: WEEK 18 - We're on to 'The Twilight Zone' - J-E-T-S 17 PATRIOTS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Listening to sports hub postgame and people are still calling saying Belichick should return. Absolutely maddening for alleged smart sports fans.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Sure but that's just a very self centric way to look at it. Celtis won a shitload of titles before you were alive or cognizant of it. Bruins won cups. Pats went to multiple super bowls and had plenty of wins. Even before Brady. Even before Belichick, Parcells coming here and being the head coach legitimized this franchise. Hell, the only reason Belichick even got this gig was because Parcells hired him after he shit the bed in Cleveland as the head coach. Sox were close a bunch of times and always relevant. So I get you want to frame it around your awareness, but that's a slap in the face to the actual history of sports in this town.

Celtics racked up the titles, but Boston was very well known for the curse of the bambino and losing to the Montreal Canadians. Pats made a few superbowls yes but they were never thought of as a premier franchise

Listening to sports hub postgame and people are still calling saying Belichick should return. Absolutely maddening for alleged smart sports fans.
well you have to call in and give your take

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
A sorry way to go out for Belichick. He is gone. Kraft will trade him to....someplace for a second rounder. The question is where. Everyone thinks Chargers, but if you look deeper, I doubt it. Bill is one of the few who's not a fan of Herbert, or at least knows how to rattle him. Charger ownership is meddlesome, and the culture is usually bad-despite having good talent.
I think, that if he can work with it out with the Maras, he may go back to the Giants. Daboll might accept or be fired. Raiders or Cowboys are also slight possibilities to me.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Celtics racked up the titles, but Boston was very well known for the curse of the bambino and losing to the Montreal Canadians. Pats made a few superbowls yes but they were never thought of as a premier franchise

well you have to call in and give your take
Again you're talking about specific time periods. Bruins lost to the Canadiens in the late 70s. By the 80s Neely owned them in the playoffs. You're also taking a steaming shit on the history of The Big Bad Boston Bruins, Bobby Orr, and the growth of hockey in the Northeast and America overall because of his impact in the sport. So you do you, I'm just going to respectfully disagree with your hot take because I lived through a lot of what you're dismissing.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Again you're talking about specific time periods. Bruins lost to the Canadiens in the late 70s. By the 80s Neely owned them in the playoffs. You're also taking a steaming shit on the history of The Big Bad Boston Bruins, Bobby Orr, and the growth of hockey in the Northeast and America overall because of his impact in the sport. So you do you, I'm just going to respectfully disagree with your hot take because I lived through a lot of what you're dismissing.
ok lol you really ran with my thanks to Bill and got very triggered, Sorry I apparently bashed Bobby. And with a talent like Bobby Orr you should be expected to win. I also apologize to the 1918 Red Sox

Last edited:

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
Just my opinion...

Bill's great.

Tom's great.

Put 'em together, and you get a two decade stretch of dominance unlike anything the league has ever seen.

I think that towards the end of Brady's time in New England, the Patriots probably made some ill-advised decisions that were designed to maximize their window of opportunity with Tom as their QB. I think Tom probably outlasted that window, and by the time he left, the team wasn't very talented and they had moderate-to-severe cap issues. I don't think Tom was terribly interested in spending his final few years babysitting a rebuild, so he found himself a better situation.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Just my opinion...

Bill's great.

Tom's great.

Put 'em together, and you get a two decade stretch of dominance unlike anything the league has ever seen.

I think that towards the end of Brady's time in New England, the Patriots probably made some ill-advised decisions that were designed to maximize their window of opportunity with Tom as their QB. I think Tom probably outlasted that window, and by the time he left, the team wasn't very talented and they had moderate-to-severe cap issues. I don't think Tom was terribly interested in spending his final few years babysitting a rebuild, so he found himself a better situation.
This is basically it.

They had to leverage a lot of the future to make the last few years happen with Brady. It came to a head in 2019 when Gronk retired, Edelman got hurt, and they had no receivers, causing Brady to become a malcontent. Rather than go into 2020 with Jakobi Meyers and Nkeal Harry as his projected WRs, he found a place that already had Mike Evans and a good offensive line in place and enough cap space to recruit all his buddies to sign there, and he had a perfect situation to continue winning while the Pats were left holding the bag.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
ok lol you really ran with my thanks to Bill and got very triggered, Sorry I apparently bashed Bobby. And with a talent like Bobby Orr you should be expected to win
Triggered? Nah. I don’t do “triggered” because that’s silly. Happy to point out how asinine your post was? Absolutely. :biglaugh:

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Bill being his usual petty self right to the end. Can hardly wait for this f***ing fraud to get fired tomorrow.
Think that maybe that 3rd string kid did something to merit it or maybe he gets a roster bonus if on sidelines? I don’t know but I would read it as probable as more of a gift than spite. BB gave Mac a country mile of leash for his chance and the kid failed so I don’t see the spite angle on this one for his last game.

bb74

Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Nobody is saying that. I don't see BROCK. PURDY being a long.term.solution. Period. Shanahan loved Mac and wanted to pick him. I can see Mac going to the Niners, being the backup and have an opportunity to start. You think that's far fetched? Look around at what happened this year in the league with backups.

It is what it is. You won't have to watch him anyways so it doesn't matter to you.
OMG. This is like a love affair with Peter Schaeffer and Trent Whitfield in the CG years. Guys that showed time and time again they didn’t deserve to play on the varsity team but got hall passes from some for reasons unknown. BB did a lot of bad as a GM these past years but he didn’t break Mac. Mac was never whole. He is a misfit toy of the NFL and if anything be pissed with the pick. Not the fact he doesn’t have a NFL skillset.

Reactions: Oates2Neely

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If Bill is forced out, I'd hire Slater as coach
Slate can be special teams coach

OMG. This is like a love affair with Peter Schaeffer and Trent Whitfield in the CG years. Guys that showed time and time again they didn’t deserve to play on the varsity team but got hall passes from some for reasons unknown. BB did a lot of bad as a GM these past years but he didn’t break Mac. Mac was never whole. He is a misfit toy of the NFL and if anything be pissed with the pick. Not the fact he doesn’t have a NFL skillset.

Funny, he had an NFL skillset his rookie year. But was that a fluke?

He was fine his first year. Poised to take the next step, and then Bill with his ridiculous self ruined him and the rest of the development of his team. That on Bill. Mac will be employed next year, sorrento burst your bubble. If MASON RUDOLPH can be employed, so will Mac.

Reactions: wintersej

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
Sure but that's just a very self centric way to look at it. Celtis won a shitload of titles before you were alive or cognizant of it. Bruins won cups. Pats went to multiple super bowls and had plenty of wins. Even before Brady. Even before Belichick, Parcells coming here and being the head coach legitimized this franchise. Hell, the only reason Belichick even got this gig was because Parcells hired him after he shit the bed in Cleveland as the head coach. Sox were close a bunch of times and always relevant. So I get you want to frame it around your awareness, but that's a slap in the face to the actual history of sports in this town.
How cute , I’m kind of flattered you think my awareness begins with BB era. Unfortunately the truth is my entrance into the crucible of Boston sports began with a 10 year old me watching bill Buckner letting a ball through his legs, wondering why my dad just threw his boot into the ceiling of the living room, luckily the Celtics helped my home life sports experience by winning their sweet 16 later. I remember bury the bears, squish the fish and the fridge. So I’m framing his performance without nostalgic glasses on, which is to say that without Brady he’s the same coach he was in Cleveland. His track record of drafting and free agent signings on the whole, were awful. He may have been a great x & o coach at one time but even that has passed him by a long time ago. He destroyed this roster from his mismanagement of Brady departure onward.

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
How cute , I’m kind of flattered you think my awareness begins with BB era. Unfortunately the truth is my entrance into the crucible of Boston sports began with a 10 year old me watching bill Buckner letting a ball through his legs, wondering why my dad just threw his boot into the ceiling of the living room, luckily the Celtics helped my home life sports experience by winning their sweet 16 later. I remember bury the bears, squish the fish and the fridge. So I’m framing his performance without nostalgic glasses on, which is to say that without Brady he’s the same coach he was in Cleveland. His track record of drafting and free agent signings on the whole, were awful. He may have been a great x & o coach at one time but even that has passed him by a long time ago. He destroyed this roster from his mismanagement of Brady departure onward.

that post wasn't to you lol

• Haha
Reactions: LSCII

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
A sorry way to go out for Belichick. He is gone. Kraft will trade him to....someplace for a second rounder. The question is where. Everyone thinks Chargers, but if you look deeper, I doubt it. Bill is one of the few who's not a fan of Herbert, or at least knows how to rattle him. Charger ownership is meddlesome, and the culture is usually bad-despite having good talent.
I think, that if he can work with it out with the Maras, he may go back to the Giants. Daboll might accept or be fired. Raiders or Cowboys are also slight possibilities to me.
I’ll go out on a limb here and predict Bill goes to Philly. They’re imploding here at the end of the season. Team absolutely stacked with talent. Philly close to east coast where Bill is comfortable. Ideal situation for him. The team probably needs a guy like Bill with clout to get them focused on winning.

If Philly bows out of playoffs early, they’re looking at coaching

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Who was talking to you? Pay attention here bruh, the top post was for you the bottom one was for someone else. The site links them together if they happen within a couple of minutes if each other. The guy who said Bill put New England sports on the map is who that piece was directed to. Mmkay? :laugh:

I’ll go out on a limb here and predict Bill goes to Philly. They’re imploding here at the end of the season. Team absolutely stacked with talent. Philly close to east coast where Bill is comfortable. Ideal situation for him. The team probably needs a guy like Bill with clout to get them focused on winning.

Where ever he goes, I will bet any amount of money that he touches off a quarterback controversy. It’s what he does every time. The people in Cleveland still hate him for screwing over Kosar in favor of Testeverde. Lol

Reactions: rfournier103

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I love Matthew Slater. I hope he decides to stay around in some capacity.

I think Andrews is 50/50. Would love for him to be back.

Thank You Bill. 24 years. One hell of a run.

I got to listen to the postgame on 98.5 on my drive to and from the rink (as they canceled just as I was approaching the exit).

Bedard thinks Andrews plays elsewhere next season.

bb74

Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Can’t see BB with JJ. Too much personality. I could see the Giants as a full circle thing but wasn’t it the Mara’s that pushed the deflate gate crap to the n’th degree? Also BB doesn’t need another Jones as QB. Would give him PTSD.
Slate can be special teams coach

Funny, he had an NFL skillset his rookie year. But was that a fluke?

He was fine his first year. Poised to take the next step, and then Bill with his ridiculous self ruined him and the rest of the development of his team. That on Bill. Mac will be employed next year, sorrento burst your bubble. If MASON RUDOLPH can be employed, so will Mac.
yes year 1 was a fluke. He had a half season of good games with the OC holding his hand thru the calls and checke live in helmet (corroborated with the coaches), then 2 1/2 years of crap. Weak arm, crap footwork, poor decision making, bad pocket movement, questionable attitude. Bailey is canned tuna and nothing special but Mac is 3 week old Mackerel trying to pass off as a Bluefish Bonanza.

I have nothing against the kid and wish him well but he isn’t NfL caliber …

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden

Maybe
Can’t see BB with JJ. Too much personality. I could see the Giants as a full circle thing but wasn’t it the Mara’s that pushed the deflate gate crap to the n’th degree? Also BB doesn’t need another Jones as QB. Would give him PTSD.

yes year 1 was a fluke. He had a half season of good games with the OC holding his hand thru the calls and checke live in helmet (corroborated with the coaches), then 2 1/2 years of crap. Weak arm, crap footwork, poor decision making, bad pocket movement, questionable attitude. Bailey is canned tuna and nothing special but Mac is 3 week old Mackerel trying to pass off as a Bluefish Bonsnza.

I have nothing against the kud and wish him well but he isn’t NfL caliber …
I agree about JJ, but that's why I said a slight possibility. Now that you mention it, I vaguely remember The Mara's pushing deflate gate. I still think it's possible. Call it an uneducated guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad