Post-Game Talk: WEEK 18 - We're on to 'The Twilight Zone' - J-E-T-S 17 PATRIOTS 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1704622394454.png

PATRIOTS: Game Release (PDF) | Roster | Depth Chart | Stats
JETS: Roster | Depth Chart | Stats | Roster Flip-Card (PDF)

The New England Patriots will close out the 2023 season at home against the New York Jets. The Patriots will close the year against the Jets for the sixth time (1966, 1998, 2017, 2018 and 2020) and for the fourth time at home. The Patriots are 3-2 in those games, including a 3-0 record at Gillette Stadium with wins in 2017, 2018 and 2020). The Patriots defeated the Jets in the first 2023 meeting with a 15-10 win at MetLife Stadium on Set. 24. The Patriots have won 15 straight games against the Jets and will look to sweep the series for the 8th straight season.

The Patriots 2024 opponents have been determined. In addition to playing each of the other AFC East opponents twice, the Patriots will play one game against each of the AFC South and NFC West teams. As the fourth-place team in the AFC East, the Patriots will play the fourth-place team of the AFC West (L.A. Chargers), AFC North (Cincinnati) and NFC North (Minnesota or Chicago).
  • Home: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Houston, Indianapolis, L.A. Rams, Seattle, L.A. Chargers.
  • Away: Buffalo, Miami, NY Jets, Arizona, Jacksonville, San Francisco, Tennessee,Cincinnati Bengals and NFC North TBD
The New England Patriots and New York Jets will meet for the second time in 2023 when the two teams close out the season with a matchup at Gillette Stadium. The Patriots beat the Jets, 15-10, in the first meeting of the season on Sept. 24 at MetLife Stadium. This week's game will mark the sixth time the Patriots and Jets will meet in the regular season-finale (1966, 1998, 2017, 2018 and 2020). The Patriots are 3-2 in those games with all three wins coming in home contests in 2017, 2018 and 2020.

The Patriots enter this week with 15 straight wins over the Jets, including series sweeps in each of the last seven seasons. The Patriots 15 straight wins are tied for the longest winning streak over an opponent with Buffalo (2003-10), and the seven straight series sweeps are the most in team history.

Overall, the Patriots have 23 series sweeps over the Jets with 14 under Bill Belichick and 16 under Robert Kraft.

New England leads the series, 74-54-1 overall. The Patriots are 39-25-1 all-time in home games against the Jets, including 19-4 at Gillette Stadium.
The teams have played in the postseason three times – a 1985 Wild Card game, a 2006 Wild Card game and an AFC Divisional game in 2010. New England beat the Jets, 26-14, in 1985 at the Meadowlands en route to Super Bowl XX. In 2006, the Patriots defeated the Jets, 37-16, at Gillette Stadium and the Jets beat the Patriots, 28-21, in the 2010 Divisional playoff game in Foxborough.

New England is 45-16 against the Jets since Robert Kraft purchased the team in 1994.
New England's 74 overall victories over the Jets (including two playoff wins) are the second-most over any single opponent, trailing only the 78 all-time wins over Buffalo.

SERIES TRENDS​

NEW ENGLAND 74, NEW YORK 54, 1 TIE
(INCLUDING NEW ENGLAND 2, NEW YORK 1 IN PLAYOFFS)
Home Record: 39-25-1 (incl. 1-1 in playoffs)

• Record in Foxborough: 35-19
  • Gillette Stadium: 19-4 (incl. 1-1 playoffs)
  • Foxboro Stadium: 16-15
  • Record in Boston: 4-5-1
  • Record in Birmingham, Ala.: 0-1
Road Record: 35-29 (incl. 1-0 in playoffs)
  • MetLife Stadium: 11-3
  • Giants Stadium: 17-10 (incl. 1-0 playoffs)
  • Shea Stadium: 5-14
  • Polo Grounds: 2-2
Seasonal Sweeps: Patriots 23 (most recent '22), Jets 14 ('00)
Bill Belichick vs. N.Y. Jets: 39-12 (38-11 with New England)

BROADCAST INFORMATION​

TELEVISION: This week's game will be broadcast by FOX and can be seen locally on WFXT-TV Channel 25. Chris Myers will handle play-by-play duties with Robert Smith as the color analyst. Jen Hale will provide analysis from the sidelines. The game will be produced by Eric Mandia and directed by Scott Katz.

LOCAL RADIO: 98.5 The Sports Hub is the flagship station for the Patriots Radio Network. A complete listing of the network's 33 stations can be found here. Play-by-play broadcaster Bob Socci will call the action along with former Patriots quarterback Scott Zolak, who will provide color analysis. The games are produced by Marc Cappello.​

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
WBZ-TV Channel 4 was blindsided by the last-minute move to FOX and there is concern CBS intends to make deep cuts to Channel 4 sports.

CBS wound up with the Eagles/NYFG game making the FOX stations in NYC and Philly very unhappy.

5:30 AM in the weather is miserable in Foxborough

Reactions: nORRis8

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Patriots lose today we in business

They win we get a heck of a left tackle

Honestly they need a tackle but I want top 3

WBZ-TV Channel 4 was blindsided by the last-minute move to FOX and there is concern CBS intends to make deep cuts to Channel 4 sports.

CBS wound up with the Eagles/NYFG game making the FOX stations in NYC and Philly very unhappy.

5:30 AM in the weather is miserable in Foxborough
We got just messy stuff in North Shore

I’m going to Dunks and plan is I don’t leave House rest of day

Have fun Fenway you are seeing history

Reactions: Fenway

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Has the Rappaport puff piece from the Belichick side dropped yet?

Call me soft but I just can't root against the team as I watch the game. Not against the Jets. Provide Belichick one final moment beating the Jets in what should be his final game coaching this team. Hire the right people and I don't care where the draft pick lands. You can always trade up if you identify the QB you simply can't go without.

Reactions: Bocephus86

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk

Agreed on historic day and we should all be torn between wanting the W or the better pick as despite these past few years, Bill's last game losing to the Jets would actually suck for a bunch of reasons for those that knew what it was like to be a fan 25+ years ago. Tough to decide given the decades of winning this franchise has offered the fans.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Call me soft but I just can't root against the team as I watch the game. Not against the Jets. Provide Belichick one final moment beating the Jets in what should be his final game coaching this team. Hire the right people and I don't care where the draft pick lands. You can always trade up if you identify the QB you simply can't go without.
The only sure-fire can’t-miss top-five prospect I see in this draft is Marvin Harrison. There’s no HOF QB like a Manning or an Elway coming out this year. The QBs are good - not great.

F***ing annihilate the Jets today and close this chapter with 60-point win.

The future can wait until tomorrow.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
The only sure-fire can’t-miss top-five prospect I see in this draft is Marvin Harrison. There’s no HOF QB like a Manning or an Elway coming out this year. The QBs are good - not great.
For what it's worth, I saw Breer on NBCSN state that most execs around the league view Caleb Williams and Drake Maye as the 2nd and 3rd-best QB prospects to enter the league since the 2020 draft, behind only Trevor Lawrence.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
This sucks.

There’s nothing fun about today.

I have such bittersweet feelings. I’ll probably be crying through most of the game.

They still wear the Patriots’ colors and logo, but they haven’t felt like the Patriots in a long time.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Andrews too??
Yea thats what they are speculating

This sucks.

There’s nothing fun about today.

I have such bittersweet feelings. I’ll probably be crying through most of the game.

They still wear the Patriots’ colors and logo, but they haven’t felt like the Patriots in a long time.
Already cried watching the videos of Slater and Andrews

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
12-10 patriots

Patriots draft Notre Dame OT Joe Alt and it’s a home run

Mayo time folks!!!!

The future is bright

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

You're right that they could just trade up but this team needs as many picks as they can get to use on drafting offense. The Panthers gave up a haul to move up #1 and are going to be stuck sucking for a couple of seasons because they have no way of surrounding their young qb with the talent he needs unless they nail most of their middle and late round picks.

I rarely root for them to lose and i want Belichick to go out with a win against the Jets as well but the best thing for this teams future is to lose today and at least lock yourself into #3 and either get one of the two qbs or the best wr prospect in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad