Post-Game Talk: WEEK 18 Pats finish 8-9 - a strange season ends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I hated everything about this team and this dumb, horribly coached team.
I don't know what else people need to see. Bill Belichick has one playoff win in his entire career without Tom Brady and it was against a QB he couldn't wait to get rid of here.

When you lose to the Bears at home, the Raiders the way they did, special teams debacle every week, fumbling against the Bengals. It's over. Happens to everyone.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
He wasn’t wrong though 🤔
That’s your opinion. There were others that agreed with me. There is no wrong opinion here. That’s what the site is for, but we do have group of posters certainly trying to pretend their opinions are fact and run out anyone that doesn’t conform and cower to their opinions.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
A trash team finishes the season exactly how you’d expect, with a whimper instead of a growl. Mercifully, it’s all over. With Bill and his singularity still running things, I don’t see how this gets any better.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
*Scouting and player selection needs to be addressed.

*The coaching staff needs to be addressed.

We haven’t even talked about the actual roster yet…

Boy would I love to be in the room when Bob, Jon, and Bill get together. I can’t imagine that meeting doesn’t happen this week.

Reactions: BMC

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
At the end of the day, they never beat anybody.

Feasted on the Jets for the upteenth consecutive season.

Their “extra” interconference game was against the Cardinals with no Murray.

Tua gets hurt again so you avoid him in the home finale.

As Bill Parcells famously said “You are what your record says you are.”

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Thought Pat have had their chances.... but IMO Jones did not play to the needed level.!!! the story is their imo
This was his best game played against Buffalo.

The best the offense looked. Play action was called more and Mac did well. Almost like he did last year. This loss is not on him. We lost the game when special teams gave up the 2nd returned touchdown.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Unfortunately they are not trash. They are in the middle of no mans land of no picks
Yeah defense is pretty good, their offense and special teams are below average.

The difference with good teams and bad teams is bad teams choke at the important times. They were full of those important chokes this season. The lateral being the icing on the choke cake.

Reactions: Bradely

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

The best the offense looked. Play action was called more and Mac did well. Almost like he did last year. This loss is not on him. We lost the game when special teams gave up the 2nd returned touchdown.
Cam Achord needs to be fired as does Matt Patricia.

Reactions: BMC and Mione134

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

Bu tdid not deliver when is was needed. Over thrown, pass behind, bad interception etc..
If that was his best, well I feel for the Pat's.!

Yeah defense is pretty good, their offense and special teams are below average.

The difference with good teams and bad teams is bad teams choke at the important times. They were full of those important chokes this season. The lateral being the icing on the choke cake.
I agree... that is what I saw today.
I lost my bet.... was sur Pat would upset the Bills....

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Pats played a gutsy good game.

Officials get primary assist on 2nd kickoff return and two clear (non) calls going against Pats. Game should have come down to a game winning FG one way or another.
I honestly have no words for this. Like none. LOFL

Unfortunately they are not trash. They are in the middle of no mans land of no picks
Comparatively speaking when compared to the rest of this run. You're spot on about them being in no man's land draft wise, but even if they were a bad team with a high pick, do you trust Bill to not make a reach with the pick? Or more likely, trade it for 2 2nds and a 4th?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
A supremely mid team going roughly .500 - to be expected

They have become the type of team they used to beat up on. It doesn’t take a great team to beat the mediocre job squads, you just gotta wait until they do something stupid.

Reactions: LSCII, BMC and CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad