Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1673171198143.png

PATRIOTS: Game Release (PDF) | Roster | Depth Chart | Stats
BILLS: Roster | Depth Chart | Stats | Roster Flip-Card

NOTE: At the time of this writing all thoughts and prayers are with Damar Hamlin and his family after the horrifying events that took place Monday night.
The New England Patriots raised their record to 8-8 with a 23-21 victory against the Miami Dolphins last week and can secure a playoff berth if they win at Buffalo this week. The Patriots will be looking for their 36th winning season since 1970 and their 25th winning season under Robert Kraft since he purchased the team in 1994. Only Pittsburgh has more winning seasons than New England since 1970 with 38.

New England can also qualify for the playoffs if Pittsburgh, Miami and Tennessee lose this week.

SERIES HISTORY​

New England and Buffalo will meet for the second time in 2022 with the Patriots trying to avoid a series sweep for the first time since 2020. Buffalo traveled to New England on Thursday, Dec. 1 and escaped with a 24-10 win. The two teams split the annual series last year with each team winning on the road. The teams met for a third time in the 2021 postseason, a 47-17 loss at Buffalo.

This week's game will be the 127th meeting between the two teams. New England holds a 77-48-1 edge in the series and have won 36 of the last 45 regular season games between the clubs dating back to 2000. The Patriots are 38-24-1 in games played in Buffalo, including 31-18 at Highmark Stadium.

The series between the AFC East rivals began in 1960. The Patriots' 77 wins over the Bills is their highest victory total over any opponent, four higher than their next highest win total against the New York Jets (73).

After seven straight series sweeps and 15 consecutive Patriots wins from 2003-10, Buffalo ended the streak with a 34-31 victory at Ralph Wilson Stadium in the first meeting between the teams in 2011. The 15-game win streak is tied for the fourth-longest winning streak over a single opponent in NFL history. The Patriots avenged that loss in the 2011 regular season finale by overcoming a 21-0 first quarter deficit and scoring 49 unanswered points en route to a 49-21 victory.

The teams have had many memorable match ups over the years, including a span from 1999 to 2001 where four-of-five contests were decided in overtime.

SERIES BREAKDOWN
Home Record: 39-24

• Record in Foxboro: 33-19
  • Foxboro Stadium: 17-14
  • Gillette Stadium: 16-5
  • Record in Boston: 6-5
Road Record: 38-24-1
  • War Memorial Stadium: 7-6-1
  • Ralph Wilson/Rich Stadium/New Era/Highmark: 31-18
Largest Margin of Victory: 46 points (2007)
Largest Margin of Defeat: 35 points (1970)
Longest Win Streak: 15 games (2003-2010)
Bill Belichick vs. Buffalo: 36-10 (36-10 with NE)

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Given the encouraging medical reports I fully expect Damar Hamlin to show up on the Bills scoreboard today with a simple thumbs up.

In the end, losing to the Bears at home doomed this season.

The Bills will not lose today.

Reactions: BMC and MustardStew

MustardStew

Lurking Lurker
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2003
Hillsborough, NC
@Fenway - Thanks for always posting the TV maps! As a mapper and geographer, I always zoom in and look - love seeing how the networks divvy up the country. Well, patterns in general haha.

Looks like I should get the game, LIVING in Raleigh... but sometimes my ISP sets my location 150 miles west (?????), so I might get stuck with CLE-PIT? :banghead:

Oh, and maybe WE should just forfeit :surrender

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Given the encouraging medical reports I fully expect Damar Hamlin to show up on the Bills scoreboard today with a simple thumbs up.

In the end, losing to the Bears at home doomed this season.

The Bills will not lose today.
I was at that game.

I recall being very angry with Belichick for pissing away what should have been a layup. I’m pretty sure that game in particular will come up when Bob Kraft and Belichick have their big meeting after the season.

Reactions: BMC and MustardStew

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I was at that game.

I recall being very angry with Belichick for pissing away what should have been a layup. I’m pretty sure that game in particular will come up when Bob Kraft and Belichick have their big meeting after the season.
What I have learned is the Krafts never want to be embarrassed at home ESPECIALLY in a national game

The Bears have not won since.

The only chance the Pats had today was the game would mean nothing to Buffalo but now it means everything. Not in the standings but Damar Hamlin's FIRST words were 'Did we win?'

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Has a team ever scored triple digits in a NFL game?

Would not be surprised at all if the Bills did this today 🤣

But also would not be surprised if the Patriots pulled off a 2023 🏈 miracle and won this game

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm fully expecting them to be blown out and the other two outcomes will be going their way only for one of Miami or Pittsburgh to pull out a win late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad