Post-Game Talk: WEEK 17: Pats come up short; BUF 27 NE 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Matt Patricia being a terrible coach helping out the Patriots. Next week is a must lose, play Belichick at qb if you have to

Reactions: TimeZone

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
No the NFL has figured him out after his rookie year. Once they had the tape on him it was over. He is trash. I’ll remember you and laugh when he is a footnote in the NFL within a year

I'll make a mental note of it because you're wrong. When the Aidan O'Connell's, Jake Brownings, Tony DeVitos, Drew Locks, etc still have jobs, and you genuinely don't think Mac will get even a backup? Well you're just going to look silly. But thats okay. It doesn't matter.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Cardinals win, so if the Bills hold on, I believe the Pats would clinch the #2 pick in the draft with a loss next week.

I imagine there's a scenario where Washington can get ahead via SOS, but I'm sure we'll see a bunch of scenarios laid out by beat reporters this week.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I imagine there's a scenario where Washington can get ahead via SOS, but I'm sure we'll see a bunch of scenarios laid out by beat reporters this week.
Patriots play the Jets next week, while Washington hosts Dallas... so no SOS bump for the Commanders. Never mind. I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
Reactions: DKH

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Patriots play the Jets next week, while Washington hosts Dallas... so no SOS bump for the Commanders.

EDIT: Tankathon has Washington at the #2 spot... guess I'm wrong.

That SOS isn't based on each weekly matchup. It's the total record of your 17 opponents, so it matters what everyone they faced does.

Reactions: GatorMike

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Banking on a win next week, but if we don't f*** it up and actually lose to the Jets, we pick #3 assuming Washington also loses right?

Reactions: Gordoff

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

How nice of the Ravens!

The Pats are going to win next week and screw up their draft position, aren't they?
I mean, I just can't see Belichick losing to the Jets. And in quite possibly his farewell at Gillette.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Is the tie breaker strength of schedule? Tankathon shows Washington now at 2, Pats at 3

The difference is a single game. Patriots "17" opponents have 1 more win than Washington's.

For draft pick purposes, we want to root for the Broncos, Seahawks, and Bengals to win tonight. By my calculations, that would give us a 2 game lead in SOS, since the Patriots have the tiebreaker loss against Washington.

Reactions: Gordoff

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I will leave the tiebreakers to others but this is how I expect it to shake out:

Carolina 2-15
Washington 4-13

Arizona 5-12
New England 5-12
Tennessee 5-12
NY Giants 5-12
LA Chargers 5-12

Please tell me we're not picking 7th in this scenario.

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston

How nice of the Ravens!

I mean, I just can't see Belichick losing to the Jets. And in quite possibly his farewell at Gillette.

He better lose. One loss can set up so many wins. Drake Maye would make this offense go from terrible to sub par, and with this defense that’s all we need to go .500.

Buy him a couple weapons and draft an O line and we’re in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad